Strawberry Pie Honeybush

Herbal Honeybush Blend
Berries, Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

2 Images

• “Best. night. evar. No really. tonight i think wins the prize for the best evening out here in beijing. One of the women who is also in to the city for the work we're doing here, had a friend come...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4704 tasting notes
  • “Bleh. I am so self-destructive. I think I may have just ruined Valentine's Day for myself/the boy because of my own insecurities. :/ It has not been a great week, and the trend looks to continue...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “I did it. I finally placed my 52 Teas order. I ended up with 19 different items and it came out to about $65. Not bad. I am having a cup of this tasty tea to celebrate. When I first had this I...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1844 tasting notes
  • “SIPDOWN! Good thing too, because that Banana Pudding black tea really could not be passed up and I'm trying to hold strong with my "75 teas or less" rule. Although who am I kidding? I'm never...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 779 tasting notes

From 52teas

Why should apple, cherry and blueberry get all the attention? Here’s our strawberry pie flavored honeybush with real freeze dried strawberries, organic vanilla bean bits, cinnamon and all natural flavors including strawberry, vanilla and hints of butter, brown sugar and cinnamon!

About 52teas View company

This is my second time trying this tea; I just got it last week. I am really enjoying this blend. The strawberry flavor is great, and there is a hint of spice and a taste resembling pie crust/creaminess. This will go in rotation with Lemon Chiffon by DT for my nighttime caffeine-free tea. :)

This was a yummy intro to 52Teas! The dry leaf smelled really good, and it was nice to be able to distinguish the strawberry pieces…you can even see the seeds! I steeped it for 10 minutes, based on reviews, and it worked. I was a little worried that I oversteeped it because the liquor was really dark. It smelled strongly of cinnamon. At first, I tasted lots of spice. What was interesting, was that the tart, juicy strawberry hits at the back end of the sip. I think I am liking this honeybush over rooibos. Really delicious!!

Afternoon dessert: Iced Strawberry Pie Honeybush Latte! I made a big batch of this a couple days ago and sampled it. It saddened me a little because I really love it latte-style, hot. So I put it in the fridge and kind of forgot about it.

Here I am now reminded that I need to drink it. I think the tea ended up making nice with the milk because it’s so much better now! So note to self: Make this ahead of time if it’s to be enjoyed cold. It is a smidge better as a hot latte, but also a pretty great caffeine free iced version too.

Boiling 8 min or more

As noted before this tea is pretty fantastic. I would gladly keep it in my cupboard.

The liquor is reddish brown and is scented with stewed strawberry, vanilla, and a faint pastry/sugar cookie scent. There is an initial taste of cooked sweet berries, vanilla and a hint of cinnamon, followed by shortcrust pastry and a faint hint of woodiness from honeybush. There is a faint feeling of tartness and dryness at front of mouth. The balance of vanilla fruit and cinnamon is very nice.

A 2nd steep has more cinnamon, is sweeter, and leaves the fruit less defined.

A really nice tea. I slightly prefer the creaminess in Nina’s Gemini, but I would gladly rotate between the two of these teas.

Yummy! I’m learning that Frank’s teas totally deliver on the advertised flavour. This is amazingly just like strawberry pie. Love the smell of the dry tea. Love the strawberry and vanilla notes once steeped. Don’t love the fact that my mug is now empty… LOL Oh and I drank this straight up, no sugar or milk, which is quite rare for me. This tea is definitely a new fave :-)

The sweet strawberry flavor if great and there wasn’t the astringency that I usually associate with Honeybush. However, the floral notes reminded me a bit of potpourri which was slightly off-putting.

Boiling 8 min or more

This tea is pretty good! Has a fresh strawberry taste that is very refreshing. I am also picking up on that slight buttery-brown sugar taste. It’s definitely a nice undertone that comes out in the finish. Overall, it does not overpower the strawberry taste, but instead brings out the flavor nicely. Let’s just say it’s sweet and soothing enough to keep me working on my dissertation :)

Boiling 8 min or more

For some reason this brought back my childhood. More specifically of scented My Little Pony and Strawberry Shortcake vinyl toys (minus the vinyl). Hint of earthy, naturally pretty sweet. Not awful, initially pleasant – just not my thing. Odd, I’m finding I’m quite particular about fruit flavors in tea. Experimented with some kids in my family and they loved it – they tore through half of the bag in a week. I’ll likely be getting it again for them. Myself, more partial to the Zabagliones. :)

This is a great fall/winter cup. It’s warming and spiced and sweet. I can see why it was part of the best sellers group.

It’s just not really for me.

I really think the honeybush base for this was brilliant. It’s a bit spicy in itself and it comes together with the cinnamon and creates a wonderful spiced note, that really does suggest strawberry pie in a way.

It’s the strawberry flavor that is kind of meh, for me. It’s not plasticy or insanely artifical like I’ve had before, but it tastes a bit like freeze dried strawberry (y’know those little strawberry bits in cereal? Like that). It’s not bad, but it’s definitely just a bit off. I know sweet natural tasting strawberry can be done in tea — I’ve had it before — so this is a little bit of a let down.

There’s really no suggestion of a crust, no butter, sugar or pastry flavors, so this is all about the filling, and when that missed the mark a bit it kind of brought the whole cup down for me.

Definitely good, but not as great as I might have been expecting.

Thanks AlexaK!

Edit:
I made a second cup of this as a latte, and definitely preferred it that way. The freeze dried quality of the strawberries becomes less pronounced and more desserty.

Sample comes via VariaTEA.

DT’s Sweet Strawberry put me into a strawberry mood for the rest of the evening, so I broke open my sample of this despite not really intending on trying it yet.

I have to say – it was weird (strawberry/cinnamon isn’t really a flavour combo I’m used to or can say I’ve ever really craved) but I think in a good way, overall. I did enjoy the cup and I can see where the “pie” comes in. I’ll enjoy finishing the sample, too – but I wouldn’t feel a need to order it again either.

Just another 52Teas blend to cross off!

VariaTEA

I LOVED the sample I had in the bestsellers sampler pack but the bag I got was a bit disappointing in comparison. Not bad, just not as delicious as my first few cups.

Iridium

Strawberries & cinnamon is actually one of my favorite things to put in my oatmeal. I’m surprised the flavor combination isn’t more common. I might have to try this one…