Strawberry Pie Honeybush

Cinnamon, Strawberry, Pastries, Cream, Sour, Sweet, Wood, Berries
Edit tea info Last updated by Southern Boy Teas

2 Images

From 52teas

Why should apple, cherry and blueberry get all the attention? Here’s our strawberry pie flavored honeybush with real freeze dried strawberries, organic vanilla bean bits, cinnamon and all natural flavors including strawberry, vanilla and hints of butter, brown sugar and cinnamon!

About 52teas View company

At, you will find unique, hand-blended artisan loose leaf teas: a new limited edition creation every week of the year. We pride ourselves on offering truly unique, one-of-a-kind tea blends that you won’t find anywhere else.

This is my second time trying this tea; I just got it last week. I am really enjoying this blend. The strawberry flavor is great, and there is a hint of spice and a taste resembling pie crust/creaminess. This will go in rotation with Lemon Chiffon by DT for my nighttime caffeine-free tea. :)

Yes, I still have a bunch of this tea, and I rediscovered it after reorganizing my cupboard. It turned out thinner than I remember, but was definitely tastier as it cooled. I think I need to steep it longer, maybe 8-10 minutes. I forgot and only did 5 min. Oops! Still a good nighttime tea.

Afternoon dessert: Iced Strawberry Pie Honeybush Latte! I made a big batch of this a couple days ago and sampled it. It saddened me a little because I really love it latte-style, hot. So I put it in the fridge and kind of forgot about it.

Here I am now reminded that I need to drink it. I think the tea ended up making nice with the milk because it’s so much better now! So note to self: Make this ahead of time if it’s to be enjoyed cold. It is a smidge better as a hot latte, but also a pretty great caffeine free iced version too.

Boiling 8 min or more

As noted before this tea is pretty fantastic. I would gladly keep it in my cupboard.

The liquor is reddish brown and is scented with stewed strawberry, vanilla, and a faint pastry/sugar cookie scent. There is an initial taste of cooked sweet berries, vanilla and a hint of cinnamon, followed by shortcrust pastry and a faint hint of woodiness from honeybush. There is a faint feeling of tartness and dryness at front of mouth. The balance of vanilla fruit and cinnamon is very nice.

A 2nd steep has more cinnamon, is sweeter, and leaves the fruit less defined.

A really nice tea. I slightly prefer the creaminess in Nina’s Gemini, but I would gladly rotate between the two of these teas.

Yummy! I’m learning that Frank’s teas totally deliver on the advertised flavour. This is amazingly just like strawberry pie. Love the smell of the dry tea. Love the strawberry and vanilla notes once steeped. Don’t love the fact that my mug is now empty… LOL Oh and I drank this straight up, no sugar or milk, which is quite rare for me. This tea is definitely a new fave :-)

The sweet strawberry flavor if great and there wasn’t the astringency that I usually associate with Honeybush. However, the floral notes reminded me a bit of potpourri which was slightly off-putting.

Boiling 8 min or more

This tea is pretty good! Has a fresh strawberry taste that is very refreshing. I am also picking up on that slight buttery-brown sugar taste. It’s definitely a nice undertone that comes out in the finish. Overall, it does not overpower the strawberry taste, but instead brings out the flavor nicely. Let’s just say it’s sweet and soothing enough to keep me working on my dissertation :)

Boiling 8 min or more

For some reason this brought back my childhood. More specifically of scented My Little Pony and Strawberry Shortcake vinyl toys (minus the vinyl). Hint of earthy, naturally pretty sweet. Not awful, initially pleasant – just not my thing. Odd, I’m finding I’m quite particular about fruit flavors in tea. Experimented with some kids in my family and they loved it – they tore through half of the bag in a week. I’ll likely be getting it again for them. Myself, more partial to the Zabagliones. :)

Used more leaf than usual and cooler water as usual.

Cinnamon scent and taste. The strawberry flavour is gentle. I am not detecting any cream.

In my perfect world, I would prefer more strawberry and less cinnamon.

As an experiment, I added a spoon of honey to see whether it would bring the strawberry flavour up a bit, and it did, perhaps a little.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Strawberry

Herbal TTB

After the watery flavor I experienced with the other 52Teas honeybush I tried today, I decided to give this one the full 10-minute steep. Not sure if the longer steep time helped or if this is just a more fully flavored tea, but I’m definitely having a better experience with this one. It actually does taste a lot like a slice of pie! The front end of the sip is all strawberry, but there’s a bit of a pastry flavor and just the tiniest bit of cinnamon in the aftertaste. Very tasty!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Pastries, Strawberry

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I often use two teaspoons of flavored honeybush tea. It’s often pretty lightly flavored

Thanks for the tip! I decided to hang onto the rest of this sample, so I’ll have to try overleafing my next cup. :)