Strawberry Pie Honeybush

Herbal Honeybush Blend
Cinnamon, Strawberry, Berries
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

2 Images

• “Best. night. evar. No really. tonight i think wins the prize for the best evening out here in beijing. One of the women who is also in to the city for the work we're doing here, had a friend come...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5566 tasting notes
  • “Bleh. I am so self-destructive. I think I may have just ruined Valentine's Day for myself/the boy because of my own insecurities. :/ It has not been a great week, and the trend looks to continue...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2661 tasting notes
  • “I did it. I finally placed my 52 Teas order. I ended up with 19 different items and it came out to about $65. Not bad. I am having a cup of this tasty tea to celebrate. When I first had this I...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2137 tasting notes
  • “SIPDOWN! Good thing too, because that Banana Pudding black tea really could not be passed up and I'm trying to hold strong with my "75 teas or less" rule. Although who am I kidding? I'm never...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 843 tasting notes

From 52teas

Why should apple, cherry and blueberry get all the attention? Here’s our strawberry pie flavored honeybush with real freeze dried strawberries, organic vanilla bean bits, cinnamon and all natural flavors including strawberry, vanilla and hints of butter, brown sugar and cinnamon!

About 52teas View company

This is my second time trying this tea; I just got it last week. I am really enjoying this blend. The strawberry flavor is great, and there is a hint of spice and a taste resembling pie crust/creaminess. This will go in rotation with Lemon Chiffon by DT for my nighttime caffeine-free tea. :)

Yes, I still have a bunch of this tea, and I rediscovered it after reorganizing my cupboard. It turned out thinner than I remember, but was definitely tastier as it cooled. I think I need to steep it longer, maybe 8-10 minutes. I forgot and only did 5 min. Oops! Still a good nighttime tea.

Afternoon dessert: Iced Strawberry Pie Honeybush Latte! I made a big batch of this a couple days ago and sampled it. It saddened me a little because I really love it latte-style, hot. So I put it in the fridge and kind of forgot about it.

Here I am now reminded that I need to drink it. I think the tea ended up making nice with the milk because it’s so much better now! So note to self: Make this ahead of time if it’s to be enjoyed cold. It is a smidge better as a hot latte, but also a pretty great caffeine free iced version too.

Boiling 8 min or more

As noted before this tea is pretty fantastic. I would gladly keep it in my cupboard.

The liquor is reddish brown and is scented with stewed strawberry, vanilla, and a faint pastry/sugar cookie scent. There is an initial taste of cooked sweet berries, vanilla and a hint of cinnamon, followed by shortcrust pastry and a faint hint of woodiness from honeybush. There is a faint feeling of tartness and dryness at front of mouth. The balance of vanilla fruit and cinnamon is very nice.

A 2nd steep has more cinnamon, is sweeter, and leaves the fruit less defined.

A really nice tea. I slightly prefer the creaminess in Nina’s Gemini, but I would gladly rotate between the two of these teas.

Yummy! I’m learning that Frank’s teas totally deliver on the advertised flavour. This is amazingly just like strawberry pie. Love the smell of the dry tea. Love the strawberry and vanilla notes once steeped. Don’t love the fact that my mug is now empty… LOL Oh and I drank this straight up, no sugar or milk, which is quite rare for me. This tea is definitely a new fave :-)

The sweet strawberry flavor if great and there wasn’t the astringency that I usually associate with Honeybush. However, the floral notes reminded me a bit of potpourri which was slightly off-putting.

Boiling 8 min or more

This tea is pretty good! Has a fresh strawberry taste that is very refreshing. I am also picking up on that slight buttery-brown sugar taste. It’s definitely a nice undertone that comes out in the finish. Overall, it does not overpower the strawberry taste, but instead brings out the flavor nicely. Let’s just say it’s sweet and soothing enough to keep me working on my dissertation :)

Boiling 8 min or more

For some reason this brought back my childhood. More specifically of scented My Little Pony and Strawberry Shortcake vinyl toys (minus the vinyl). Hint of earthy, naturally pretty sweet. Not awful, initially pleasant – just not my thing. Odd, I’m finding I’m quite particular about fruit flavors in tea. Experimented with some kids in my family and they loved it – they tore through half of the bag in a week. I’ll likely be getting it again for them. Myself, more partial to the Zabagliones. :)

Cooking TTB #8

This tea is a tasty surprise!! I tend to find 52Teas a little temperamental, you usually need to really baby them within very specific steeping perimeters to get the full taste effect with them which I usually just don’t have the patience for. My new Breville tea makers has definitely helped me to enjoy my stash of 52Teas a little more as now I don’t have to worry about over/under steeping or my water temperature.

Brewed at 212 and steeped for 3 minutes this tea has some serious wild strawberry, cinnamon and crusty pastry notes! The strawberry is a little artificial tasting and I couldn’t drink more than one cup of this at a time but its a nice late morning / afternoon treat without the caffeine hit!

I definitely like strawberry in my teas because I think I’ve liked every strawberry variation I’ve had so far. This was nice because it had good strawberry flavor with just the right amount of cinnamon to make it feel desserty. I would have gone more with something along the lines of muffin than pie, but I’ll take it either way.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Strawberry