Partridgeberry in a Pear Tea

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “Yay! New Teas! The pear flavor is sweet and strong, and the buttery sencha melds beautifully with the pear. I can even taste a very faint note of mint to this tea. Very faint, but it is...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4359 tasting notes
  • “Holiday tea #2 Oh wow... I'm pleasantly surprised at this one! I thought it was an old sample (the only tasting notes are from three years ago). And since it's a green tea, I expected it to be...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1323 tasting notes
  • “New experiment, i decreased the steep temperature and let it sit for longer. I think i like the result. It is a lot lighter, but more creamy sweet and zero astringency. I think i came to realize...” Read full tasting note
    politicalmachine 74 tasting notes
  • “Got this ages ago and I can't believe I haven't posted a tasting note on this yet! Today I'm having this iced, because it is really quite warm and I really need to get the hang of making iced tea...” Read full tasting note
    Alana237 223 tasting notes

From 52teas

Yes, okay, I am a very silly man. I just couldn’t resist.

Back when I was planning to create all new blends for the 12 teas of Christmas sampler, I was trying to figure out how to go along with the 12 Days of Christmas song. I figured out this one and some sort of Turtle® chocolate treat blend. Three French Hens might have been some kind of French vanilla, but four calling birds completely stumped me.

Well, anyway, here’s our buttery-sweet Chinese sencha blended with wild-harvested Partidgeberry (Mitchella repens), dried pears and natural pear flavors. Silly or not, it is delicious if you like pears.

About 52teas View company

Yay! New Teas!

The pear flavor is sweet and strong, and the buttery sencha melds beautifully with the pear. I can even taste a very faint note of mint to this tea. Very faint, but it is there. I thought that my taste buds might be off a little bit when I first tasted it, but then I checked the info on partridgeberry and I found that its flavor vaguely resembles that of wintergreen.

Delicious! I just wrote a review for this tea to be published on the Tea Review Blog soon!

52teas

I think this one actually improves as an iced tea. The partridgeberry kind of rounds out the pear. I can’t really describe it, but it’s good.

TeaEqualsBliss

would like to try this one too! LOL

Holiday tea #2

Oh wow… I’m pleasantly surprised at this one! I thought it was an old sample (the only tasting notes are from three years ago). And since it’s a green tea, I expected it to be terribly old. No way! Maybe because the sample was unopened? The flavor is still a buttery sencha with plenty of pear flavor. Though at times, the pear flavor does seem like it’s flavored like the stem of a pear. Anyway, I had to look up what partridgeberry is. Wiki is telling me that that partridgeberries look like cranberries but don’t have much flavor other than a hint of wintergreen. I was seeing things that looked like dried cranberries in the blend, but I can’t say I noticed a difference in flavor. Very surprised this isn’t a waste of a steep! I’ll happily drink the rest of this sample as long as it tastes this good. It gives me hope for some of my other older green teas!

New experiment, i decreased the steep temperature and let it sit for longer. I think i like the result. It is a lot lighter, but more creamy sweet and zero astringency. I think i came to realize that there is no actual partridge “berry” but rather the leaves of the plant.

52teas

Partridgeberry is the name of the plant. It does have berries, but they are not in the tea.

politicalmachine

thanks for clarifying! :)

Got this ages ago and I can’t believe I haven’t posted a tasting note on this yet! Today I’m having this iced, because it is really quite warm and I really need to get the hang of making iced tea before the hot summer months. So I am making this double-strength hot, then sweetening and pouring over ice cubes. It’s pretty good! I can taste mostly green tea, but then quite a bit of pear. I also get a very slight mint note, presumably from the partridgeberry. Although I like this iced, it is definitely better hot.