Gingerbread Chai

Cardamon, Cinnamon, Ginger
Edit tea info Last updated by Southern Boy Teas
Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 10 oz / 295 ml

From 52teas

This was the tea we created for our 2010 12 Teas of Christmas Sampler.

About 52teas View company

At, you will find unique, hand-blended artisan loose leaf teas: a new limited edition creation every week of the year. We pride ourselves on offering truly unique, one-of-a-kind tea blends that you won’t find anywhere else.

The dry leaf smells just great, but of course steeping the leaves releases all the spice and the flavours pop. Plentiful cardamon and ginger and a bit of cinnamon. To my mind, this is the perfect chai balance, give or take some pepper, black or chili. When I first tasted the tea, I thought hmm, needs caramel. As the tea cools a bit, the flavours mellow with the tea base and it is just lovely as is. The black and honeybush base blend here work rather well with the spices.

That said, it will be a very happy day for me when 52teas does a caramel series. A long caramel series of teas.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Ginger

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

There can never be enough caramel teas in this world. :)

Word. Absolutely agree.

The Coffee Caramel one that I posted about is my current favourite. With DT Buttered Rum and Salted Caramel as runners up.

What are yours?

Evol Ving Ness

Oh, and 52teas Toffee Chai is quite good though it has been a while since my last cup and I need to refresh my memory.

I will be – very soon! – recreating my LiberTEAS Sweet Caramel O’Mine. :) A caramel series sounds interesting.

Oh yeah, that Coffee Caramel one sounds ace.

Simpson and Vail’s Caramel is pretty good. Almost has a coconutty flavour to it in the background, but their base isn’t the best. Actually, I’ve yet to find one that I love.

Dammann’s Caramel au Beurre Salé is supposed to be divine. Have it right here but haven’t tried it yet haha.

Evol Ving Ness

I await with bated breath! :)

I haven’t tried any of DF’s teas, but I have a list for the moment that I succumb. Like I need new addictions.

Evol Ving Ness

DF appears to have a number of caramel teas. Perhaps it is one of their specialty flavours? Please do let me know how you like the Caramel au Beurre Sale once you try it.

Yes! It’s present in many of their blends. They also seem to like their chestnut and fruit melanges. I’ll definitely let you know. :)

I love chai, but don’t love ginger, so I was thankful to find this was just a less cinnamon-focused chai. I liked it, but I love cinnamon, so I would always prefer that.

I had this at my sister’s house during New Years. It’s a nice idea, but something in it tastes a bit fake.