Coconut Cheesecake Honeybush

Coconut, Honeybush, Organic Flavours
Butter, Coconut, Honey, Soap, Tangy, Cheesecake, Cream, Metallic
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

2 Images

• “Sipdown? What?! I almost never drink honeybush (or any caffeine free tisanes) anymore, so it's been a long while since I've had this. Even though I love it. Steeped: 10 minutes, 3.5 tsp....” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 779 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (153) Coconut is the prominent flavor in this blend and though I am not tasting what I would call cheesecake, there is another component to this tea that is making for a thicker and...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1904 tasting notes
  • “Brewed this up last night; didn't care for it hot, let it cool and forgot about it. So trying it today! Probably not a good idea... meh. It's the only cold tea upstairs and I'm *thirsty* ! I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2245 tasting notes
  • “3rd 52teas blend of the day! I'm getting sleepy, had an excellent dinner out with the guy, but soo much food, so I'm sleepy haha, but I had to log this. This tea is so good. Creamy coconut with the...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 916 tasting notes

From 52teas

Do I really need to say anything else?

Maybe just this: DO NOT drag your feet on this one; it is going to go FAST!

Ingredients: Honeybush, coconut, natural flavors

Our new Tea of the Week for the week of January 31st, 2011

Now part of our My Sweet Honeybush line’s permanent collection.

About 52teas View company

1928 tasting notes

SSTTB: Pick #7

Last tea of the night.

Steeped up I thought this was pretty decent; I definitely didn’t pick up on any unwanted pepper notes in the Honeybush so that meant this blend and I were already starting on good terms. I did get a bit of soap taste presumably from the coconut which sometimes tends to contribute that flavour if older but it faded away pretty quickly under the other flavours.

The coconut was strong; kinda confectionery like instead of tropical which makes sense given the cheesecake pairing. I think my preference for coconut flavour is confectionery unless paired with pineapple, and then I like tropical. The cheesecake was very very subtle; just a faint little “tang” in the background. I also got honey notes from something in this, and something else “dessert-y” I can’t put a finger on. I’m sure it’ll come to me at some inconvenient point in time, like mid-shift ringing people in at till. I’ll just spontaneously shout something like “Malt!”, and people’ll look at me funny.

So this was good; I wouldn’t order a pouch or anything but it was definitely an enjoyable cup and I’m happy I had the chance to try it. And now I think it’s bed time…

Flavors: Butter, Coconut, Honey, Soap, Tangy

I tried this from the Herbal TTB and was very pleased. I loved the scent when I opened the bag. I tried it several ways: plain, stevia, vanilla stevia. When I tried it plain, I sensed the metallic notes that others mentioned. The one with stevia improved all the flavors. Bringing up the coconut and creamy flavors. The cup where I used Vanilla Stevia really brought up the flavors including the little bite that cheesecake should have. Now… I realize that if I have to add stuff to it, the tea is not quite as good as it should be. But…. I really like this tea. It continues to have a bit of a metallic taste which would be annoying if I had to drink a lot of this. However, I’m enjoying my cup.

Flavors: Cheesecake, Coconut, Cream, Metallic

Herbal Traveling Tea Box

This one smelled pretty good, so I was tempted into trying it even though I have not really ever met a honeybush I liked. Well… that trend continues. BLECH. I drank half of this and then tried to pawn it off on my fiance… he took one drink told me it tasted like spearmint (???) and handed it back. I personally thought it tasted like sticks… which is what I think honeybush tastes like, and it had a coconut finish. Definitely will be leaving future honeybush teas alone.

OMG, yuck. Something in this one is really not agreeing with me. Sad, but I may dump this one and make something else.

Shame, as it is the first one from Dexter I am trying.

Amariel

Yeah, sorry. It was the only caffeine free one. I think there may be something in the flavouring used for the coconut as I had a similar issue with the coconut matcha from RLT. Though I do generally like coconut. There was something chemical-y, I think. I’m gonna try the last bit of it at some point, as maybe I just had an off reaction to it last night.

Not bad. The tea tasted a little weak, but I can fix that by adding more leaves next time. Too bad it was just a little bit of coconut and no trace of cheesecake at all (bummer!) I might even throw in some coconut oil just for fun :)

Flavors: Coconut

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

From the HHTTB2

After the strangeness that was my last cup of tea I wanted something I knew wouldn’t disappoint. There was just enough of this tea left to make a cup. I was excited since I’ve wanted to try this tea for a while.

I really like the coconut in this tisane. It is sweet with a fresh taste. No strange sunblock smell. There is also a bit of something tangy that lingers at the back of the throat. I’m thinking this is a nod to the cheesecake. It is an absolutely enjoyable cup.

thank you so much MissB for passing this sample my way!

i’ve had it kicking around since our last swap, saving it for a night when i wanted solid sleep… tonight’s the night!

very coconut, an odd cheesecake flavour thought definitely there. no metallic taste for me… but what i would describe as a ‘curl’ from the honeybush. i think this is a very nice blend! quite graceful, comforting.

thank you MissB, so kind for sharing. lovely indeed.

From the Caffeine-free/Decaf Traveling Box.

A nice dessert tea. The dry leaf smells like a pastry and looks pretty with the coconut bits. The coconut flavor stands out more when the tea is steeped, but I can’t taste any cheesecake. The texture is a little creamy.

Caffeine-Free/Decaf Traveling Tea Box

So I’m definitely getting coconut from this, but I’m not so sure about the cheesecake part. It’s tasty, but I think it’s the original blend so that might be impacting the ingredients a little. Think I’ll pass this one on.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

So I was really wanting to like this. The coconut was spot on for me! Unfortunately, unless cheesecake tastes like soap, the cheesecake part wasn’t. I honestly got coconut and soap. I dunno. Really weird stuff. Anyway, back into the Caffeine Free TTB it goes, hopefully somebody on down the line enjoys it!

Flavors: Coconut