Mellie's Spiced Orappangele

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “I bought this tea on a whim - I was ordering from 52teas and needed an even number of bags purchased. But I'm glad I did. This is one mellow tea! It's citrus-y and apple-y, with a touch of spice. I...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “Made a pot of this yesterday afternoon when my parents came over to visit. We were looking through my stash deciding what to make and I said to my mom to smell this and she said "OH make that...” Read full tasting note
    kristenleahharnish 193 tasting notes
  • “I finally broke down and ordered this one recently, and I'm glad I did. Even though it sounds a little common, it is so good! The tea, orange, apple and cinnamon flavors are all in perfect...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4391 tasting notes
  • “I won the 52 teas 6-week subscription contest (insert happy dance here), and this is the first tea I received! I was excited because this probably wouldn't have been a tea I would have purchased...” Read full tasting note
    caitlin 392 tasting notes

From 52teas

I think it should be pronounced “or-AH-pang-ul-ee” though that sounds nothing like orange or apple.

Many of you know I’ve been struggling lately with a nasty back injury. Well, I got a bit of help from one of Zoomdweebie’s former regular customers and all around awesome person, Mellie, who helped me figure out what to blend for this week.

You may not be able to compare apples and oranges, but we can sure blend them together! Here’s our amazing Chinese sencha green tea blended with real dried apple bits, orange peel, cinnamon chips and even some freeze-dried orange sections. This is going to blow you away.

As always, get it while you can; it’s not going to last long. Anyone who has not received a reply to an email recently, please bear with me. I’m getting caught back up again now, and will be in touch soon.

Our new Tea of the Week for the week of February 28th, 2011

About 52teas View company

I bought this tea on a whim – I was ordering from 52teas and needed an even number of bags purchased. But I’m glad I did. This is one mellow tea! It’s citrus-y and apple-y, with a touch of spice. I can’t say it tastes like a certain spice, just spicy. It smells as good as it tastes. It’s refreshing and bright, like sunshine after a rainy day. I also like the green tea base – which is grassy and crisp. All around a good tea.

LiberTEAS

OK… I gotta ask… you needed an even number of bags? You sound like me when I justify purchasing more tea than I need. Haha!

KeenTeaThyme

Yes, it’s totally OCD. I’m weird about numbers like that. And I can justify purchasing anything! :)

LiberTEAS

hehe! I am the opposite as I prefer odd numbers, but I don’t really think about that when I’m buying tea. Just for almost everything else. However, when it comes to Frank’s tea, I generally buy 2 at a time (except this last time, I don’t think I did), mostly because my oldest daughter now takes a cup of tea with her to school every morning, and her favorites are the coconut cheesecake and monkey fart.

KeenTeaThyme

hehe – I used to be all about the number 3. Until my now husband pointed out that celebrity deaths come in 3. That weirded me out… I do like 5, though. It’s an honorary even number for my OCD-ness. ha!

52teas

I’m CDO. It’s like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, like they should be.

QuiltGuppy

I’m weird with numbers, too. When we got married, it had to be on all evens… 8.10.04. :) Until my son decided to be born in August 2005… I just couldn’t hold him in!

Made a pot of this yesterday afternoon when my parents came over to visit. We were looking through my stash deciding what to make and I said to my mom to smell this and she said “OH make that one!” :) My mom loved it! My dad drank some but really doesn’t care for fruity blends but said it was ok. But my mom goes to me again later… that it was really good. She really enjoyed it! I keep pesting her to get on steepster but so far she has not. :(

I finally broke down and ordered this one recently, and I’m glad I did. Even though it sounds a little common, it is so good! The tea, orange, apple and cinnamon flavors are all in perfect balance. Lightly vegetative and buttery from the green tea. Sweet and juicy from the orange. Crisp sweetness with a hint of apple-y tartness. And just enough sweet-spiced cinnamon flavor to keep it from tasting like kool aid.

It’s awesome, and I can’t wait to brew some up for iced tea! YUM!

I won the 52 teas 6-week subscription contest (insert happy dance here), and this is the first tea I received! I was excited because this probably wouldn’t have been a tea I would have purchased myself, but it was really quite delicious!
Apple, cinnamon, orange, green tea all the flavors are their without fighting one another. Plus it has this yummy baked quality that I saw other people mention.
I posted a more extensive review on my blog if you want to check it out, but in short- yum!: http://apurpledress.wordpress.com/2011/03/15/52-teas-a-six-part-series/

I don’t know if you’ve ever made those weird orange things where you stick whole cloves all over it into the peel. If you have, then you can imagine exactly what this tea smells like. It brought me back to the third grade.

It is a spicy scent, but fortunately, I’m not picking up on an overkill of spices in the taste, which often loses the tea. I can still taste the sencha, which is nice, because for once I didn’t oversteep it. I went with 175/2 min and it came out as a really nice cup of tea. I have to say that I put off trying this one for a couple of days, not being a spiced tea lover, but it surprised me. It’s not fruity in the tropical fruit way that I normally love. It is a homey, down-to-earth flavor. It’s interesting that the ingredients say cinnamon, but I’m tasting clove. The apple isn’t a fresh taste, rather more of a deep, baked taste. It comes together well.