Pancake Breakfast Black Tea

Black Tea Leaves, Marigold Petals, Organic Flavours
Butter, Nuts
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite

2 Images

• “Tea of breakfast yesterday, with some creamer. I wanted pancakes but was all out of maple syrup. Luckily I had this on hand - got all the buttery maple syrup flavors I needed without having to...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 779 tasting notes
  • “Something really important happened this weekend... Something important enough to keep me away from tea and Steepster for a weekend! ... It was my 27 birthday!!! 27... Wow... I feel like I was just...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 158 tasting notes
  • “This one is easily my fave of 52Teas. I love the combo of maple syrup and butter - pancakes without the calories! Since I let this steep for the length of the cup, second infusions don't go too...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “I just downed a gigantic plate of tofu nuggets like nobodies business whilst drinking this and Prairie Berry. It seems like a totally strange combination of flavours, but somehow it really worked?...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1687 tasting notes

From 52teas

I’m tempted to start this post with, “You’re not going to believe what we did this week!” But we’ve created enough unique, one-of-a-kind blends, that I imagine our unique-ness is getting rather ho-hum.

But seriously? Who else would bring you a PANCAKE BREAKFAST tea? With the essence of hot, buttery, maple-syruped pancakes infused through our premium black teas (a bit heavier on the breakfast teas this week). Who else, really?

Our new Tea of the Week for the week of April 4th, 2011

About 52teas View company

Today was an unusually rainy day. It hasn’t been pouring, but the skies have been grey & it’s been so dreary. This kind of weather also has me craving tea… truly CRAVING. It couldn’t be just any tea either… but a black tea. I knew that I couldn’t concentrate on multiple infusions, but needed a single reliable and tasty cup instead.

This blend has always been yummy. It’s sweet and a little astringent as usual. I’m actually getting a little bit of salty pretzel as well… weird! There isn’t as much maple as I remember, but it’s still pretty good.

This was from the traveling tea box and I was excited to see it because I’ve been curious about it. I’ve been making my own breakfast-like maple blend, so I had to see if this was better.
Had a cup of it this morning and I definitely enjoy my own “black maple” tea infinitely better than this one. I didn’t get much flavor out of the cup and had to add a good amount of honey for it to taste ok.
I’m very happy to have tried it though and now I appreciate my own blend even more. Thank you momo!

I’ve got a bunch of unopened 52 Teas cause I bought a bunch a while back where there were sales. Recently, someone asked for some of this one is a swap so I ripped it open and took a big whiff. Mmmm…maple syrup. Decided to have a cup this morning. So tasty. Syrupy sweet. Like there’s actual maple in there! Yummy!

A second steep yielded less flavor. Tasted like just a regular tea with a bit of sweet flavor.

I don’t detect much in the way of butter or pancakes, but I did not think too much about the flavor while I was drinking because I was taking care of my husband who’s sick with a chest cold. Lots of ginger and lemon tea for that guy. I’m gonna have lots of vitamin C now so I don’t catch his cough.
Terri HarpLady

Hopefully he’ll feel better soon, & you’ll remain unscathed!

I was so excited to get this one. Last night I tried to make it but I did mess it up a little… Too little leaf, low water temp, and oddly.. super low steeping time. I don’t know what I was thinking. The flavor was just black tea. BUT this morning I decided to try it again. I made a pot of this and did some morning yoga. As I let it cool it made my yoga room smell like breakfast :] Ahhh it was nice. The flavor turned out much better today. Much more pancake like. I can catch hints of warm butter, slight maple syrup, and actual pancakes. I feel like I’m drinking a hot pancake. The black tea base is still present but it just adds to the blend. MMmmMmmmMMM :]

Thank you Amanda for this sample!!

This tea smells amazing. I am definitely getting the maple syrup smell. I was so eager to try this, that it was WAY too hot on my first sip…. waiting….waiting…ok here we go….YUMMY! This tea is sweet on its own with definite maple syrup goodness. I am not getting pancakes exactly, but it is for sure a bake-y taste.

I am glad that I still have one more cup of this because I tried this when I was a little rushed, so I would like to sit down and enjoy this tea next time.

This is a tea we got from the grab bag. I was pretty impressed with the what was chosen for us. There wasn’t one that I was disinterested in.

This is pancakes with a bit of butter and maple syrup. I was really surprised at how close it actually is. I think I could have a granola bar in the morning for breakfast and fool myself with this. Any who I’m pleased with this one. :D

Second review. I needed a tea that wasn’t going to bomb on me. You know when you’ve been trying new tea and it’s been eh…well…you know what I mean,“iffy”. You need an old tea friend to perk you up. What better friend than Pancake Breakfast! It has Syrup, Butter, Batter cakey doughy stuff! This is what I was in the mood for and it delivered. I can’t say I’d give it 100% rating because that is reserved for rare transendental tea experiences that are few and far between. This is a nice and comforting tea which is like a warm hug… and who doesn’t want that.

De-cupboarding this tea. I’ll miss it as it was a great breakfast tea.

CHAroma

It’s in the permanent collection now!

Jillian

Yup, I know. _

Brewed this time at a lower temp, just below boiling (which for me was around 190 as my boiling temp is 198) and it’s a little better. I still get mostly black tea flavor in the sip, but the after-sip is intensified a little. I was initially a little disappointed because I wanted it to have a big pow of pancake flavor and it’s really more subtle. I remembered, however, that the last maple tea I had (Fava Tea Maple Black) was overwhelming in its maple flavor and despite maple being one of my favorite flavors on earth, I never finished the 1 oz pouch of that tea… so maybe the subtleness of this tea is actually impressive. If it had more pancake/maple flavor, it might be too much. This tea is nicely balanced and quite enjoyable. If you are looking for a big maple punch though, this is not for you.

JoonSusanna

The maple sugar tea sounds amazing…I love maple! I may have to check that out…

Again it seems everyone and their mother has tried this, but not me. And thanks to tattooed_tea for including this in wee cute present box full of breakfast inspired teas she gave us for Day 6 of the 12 Days of Christmas swap. I tried this earlier in the day, after the bacon. Tis yummy, though I think I should have steeped it a bit stronger. I also used the wet leaves from this and Maple Bacon and brewed them together with a pinch of salt and sugar. They go well together, but I think I would prefer them without the additives.