Caramel Apple Honeybush

Honeybush Tea
Green Apple
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

• “Tea from last night! I got distracted while drinking it. I'm learning French through Duolingo and once you complete a section it has all these crazy timed sessions and the tea got cold. It is...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes
  • “It is snowing a lot out right now and I wanted something warm and sweet. I reached for this tisane. Delicious! I even added milk and sugar, which I almost NEVER do for tisanes, greens, whites,...” Read full tasting note
    oOTeaOo 1592 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *KittyLovesTea* - I get to try a bit of this one out! Thanks! (Also, sipdown, woooo!! It counts no matter how big the sample was to begin with, right??) The dry tea had very little...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes
  • “Apparently I did not log this yet...interesting, as I know I've drank it. When I decided to prepare it this evening as a treat I had a memory that I was disappointed last time. Luckily, this time I...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 695 tasting notes

From 52teas

Spring always makes me a bit nostalgic for autumn, so, fair warning, this week’s tea and next week’s tea might put you in mind of October or November.

Here’s our premium African Honeybush, blended with real dried red delicious apple bits and natural apple and caramel flavors. The sweet apple and rich caramel flavors are a great complement to the honeybush. I’m sure you’re going to love it.

Several of our regular customers have pointed out that I “have a way with honeybush,” so don’t miss out on this latest honeybush blend.

About 52teas View company

Thank you to oOTeaOo for sending me this tea in our christmas swap!!!

Observation 1:My first honeybush! The boyfriend prepared this tea, he steeped it at boiling for 5 minutes. This liquuor steeps a pretty amber color. Was steeped loose in the teapot.

Observation 2: Naked, this tea has sweet notes with a prominent apple taste. Beneath that I can taste what I assume is the honeybush base followed by a light aftertaste of caramel.

Observation 3: With sugar to taste, I can mainly taste caramel, the bright apple flavor seems to get thrown to the background under sugar. The honeybush base is still prominently. best preparation for me

Observation 4: With milk, the honeybush runs the show with just a few drops of milk. Apple lingers above the flavors of the base.

Observation 5: With milk and sugar the honey bush and caramel are definitely prominent. I taste nuances indicative of apple.

Overall: I enjoyed this honeybush, I don’t think it will take precedence over rooibos for me, but it is very good and drawn my attention to 52Teas. I think the balance of the flavors needs to be adjusted a bit. It tastes like caramel and tastes like apple, but not at the same time. I would add more apple and maybe something nutty. Caramel apples are often covered in nuts and I think it would have been a nice touch.

Boyfriend review: Needs sugar, but very good with it.

I find this one smells great but the flavour doesn’t really follow suit. It’s pleasant and the honeybush is nice but I only get a kind of muted caramel flavour from it.

I don’t know where this came from, but the boyfriend asked if I thought it smelled like cigarettes. I didn’t, but apparently he did.

It has a fantastic scent. The flavour is a delicious balance of caramel and apple. Now I long for Autumn.

Pre Steeping
Scent- apples
After steeping
Scent: apple and cinnamon
Color: golden
Taste
Nude: apple and cinnamon, almost like a cider
With sugar: added caramel flavor and after taste of apple; eventually has a caramel apple flavor

195 °F / 90 °C

I’m not going to rate this yet because I feel like I need to experiment a bit. But, having said that, I have only tried this hot without any additives and am not impressed. The honeybush tastes good, and I definitely get green apple. No caramel whatsoever, though. And it smells quite sour, which comes through with the apple. So, maybe sweetened with a little milk?

Flavors: Green Apple

1932 tasting notes

I considered buying a package of this tea but now that I have tried it, I am glad I did not. This tastes mainly of honeybush with just a touch of candy apple the pops up now and again. I still have more to play with thanks to Scheherazade’s generosity so hopefully a different preparation method might bring out the flavors a bit more.