Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha

Green Tea
Autumn Leaf Pile, Butter, Grass, Marshmallow, Toasted Rice, Vanilla, Cream, Roasted, Toasty, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

2 Images

• “Indulging in a celebratory cup (or rather, travel mug)-ful of this one! What am I celebrating, you ask? Why, snagging another pouch of this! Haha. Anyways, it's delicious as always. Nice and...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2606 tasting notes
  • “More cold brew for me. This batch definitely tastes better that way. Not as sweet and more toasty rice for the win. I'd like to finish a bit more tea before going back to the Island so there would...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 922 tasting notes
  • “I love this tea so much. I have the non-vegan version... and after having tried the vegan version, I can say that this one is much better. Sweet, very marshmallow treat-y. Yum Yum Yum!” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4637 tasting notes
  • “I finished this one recently. I’m sad to see it go :( I just realized what a great transition tea it is for the Fall. It retains some of the lightness that I tend to crave in Spring/Summer tea...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 352 tasting notes

From 52teas

Had some extra genmaicha (and a little bit of uji (matcha mixed with-) genmaicha that we blended together to create this awesome blend. Unfortunately, we didn’t have enough of anything to make it a tea of the week, so here’s a bonus blend (VERY LIMITED EDITION) for this week.

We’ve blended genmaicha (Japanese sencha (I got it before the earthquake, so no worries) blended with toasted rice) with mini marshmallows and natural flavors. This blend is going to go FAST, and we won’t be able to blend any more for a while, if we ever do, so DO NOT drag your feet about this one.

About 52teas View company

After letting this air out in a bowl in my closet, I am finding the taste (and smell!) to be much… gentler? It’s very nice, anyway.

In fact, I ordered more.

I definitely prefer this to the S’mores Genmaicha, and I really like drinking it in the evening. The marshmallow-y sweetness is so nice with the toasty genmaicha, it’s a lovely winding-down kind of treat.

Tealizzy

I just ordered some too! ;)

Stephanie

Yay I can’t wait to try this one! I finally have some on the way, too :)

Thanks so much to The Purrfect Cup for sending me some of this. I’ve always wanted to try it!

I made a big old mug of this to keep me company on such an oooky afternoon. I tend to like genmaicha anyway and this is a nice, nutty flavor. I’m definitely getting the marshmallow as well as some butteriness here. This is really quite yummy. Due to the sweetness I would primarily drink this as a dessert tea. Why won’t Frank add this as the permanent collection? It’s good!

So, life has been weird and I’ve been away from Steepster for what feels like ages. I miss my Steepster tea-eeps and I don’t care how odd that sounds. I actually think about you guys when I go about my day, and I hate that I haven’t connected with some of you in so long.

In fact, life has been so consuming that I completely lost track of time and I forgot about my 52teas 12 Day of Christmas sampler! I’m way behind in my sampling but I’m very, very, very glad that I opened today’s tea. I was unable to try Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha when it first came out. The original blend had marshmallows in it instead of marshmallow root, so it wasn’t vegan and therefore off the table for me to try. WELL, now it is vegan and I can’t overstate how excited I was to finally try this blend. I love this tea! It’s sweet, creamy, and utterly delicious. I hope that Frank offers this blend for individual sale because I’ll buy it by the case.

Amariel

Oh man! Add this to the list of teas I want to try! I’ve been having fun delving into the box of delights you sent me. :)

Jenn

Yay! I’m so glad you like the teas I picked out for you :)

TeaBrat

we have missed you tooooo! :)

QuiltGuppy

I hope all’s well! :) Miss you, too.

teatime traveler

Jenn, I have also been away due to extenuating circumstances; i.e., way too much work, which led to lots of other problems and no time to play. I wasn’t that deeply rooted when I had to abandon Steepster, but am now back and can so relate to your joy in returning. It’s a very special community. I also love your posts but, since I came in late to the party, please clue me in: who is Frank?

ashmanra

Rachel: Frank is the owner of 52teas, mysweethoneybush, and manteas. He blends award winning flavored teas and many are limited edition, but some of the very popular are permanent stock.

Welcome back!

teatime traveler

Just saw this, thanks. Good to know about Frank, noticed someone else mentioned his teas. I’ll look into it!

Ninavampi

Teatime traveler, I really recommend that you try Franks teas. They are good and super fun. He tends to be very creative! : )

Another sipdown. Sample thanks to CrowKettle!

I decided to have a green tea tonight before I move onto herbals (or maybe Vanilla Comoro).

This genmaicha is so nice. I accidentally steeped it for about 5 minutes, but it turned out so well. Sweet, toasted rice. Mmm. The sample is pretty old, so it’s really well aired out. There’s no chemical anything to it.

Now that my area has a tea mule (thanks!) I would consider ordering from 52Teas. Here’s hoping that everything I want ends up available at the same time!

Fjellrev

Yeah, this one is very forgiving regarding steeping parameters. Hard to mess up!

Another treat from Sil’s Super Box of Awesomeness!
I haven’t had a marshmallow treat in many many years, but amazingly the taste lingers in my mind, & this was a pretty good representation of it, as I recall. Thanks Sil!

Wow. I am finally in the same residence as may 12 Teas of Christmas (and my family, yay!) so I am giving this a shot. I’ve got to say, I’m impressed. I don’t like green tea as a general rule, and the idea of marshmallow green tea never appealed. However, this is quite tasty. While my conditions are far from perfect (microwaved water, eek) it yields a tasty sweet cp of tea. I’m not getting much green (which I don’t mind) but there really is a marshmallow and rice krispy taste going on here. I am pleasantly surprised! I’ll give it another steep later on and see how that goes, for now I am saving the other half of my sample for my beau, when he arrives on Friday.

Uniquity

Second steep went well enough, but much weaker. Not going to push it to three.

Kittenna

Oh crap, is microwaving water a bad idea?! I’m getting into all sorts of trouble here on Steepster for my bad brewing habits.

Oh wow this is amazing.
The first time I tried it, my sample from Charoma didn’t travel well at all. Thank you so much for the sample Charoma, I really appreciate you sending me some!
But then I tried some more the other day from Sil’s stash, and oh my what a difference! yes, oh yes it was quite good. Very mild without any sugar, but just a sprinkle really makes a big difference.
I love how the marshmallow is more of a natural extension of the toasted rice than it is just added flavouring.
The vanilla like notes I see in other descriptions worried me at first but I don’t seem to have any issues with it, thankfully. (my allergies seem to have abated somewhat now that I know to stay away from the EG. Yay!)
Yup, this is definitely on my shopping list. Big thanks to Sil for letting me sneak a cup from your stash!

Kittenna

I had two swap samples of this (vegan & non-vegan?) that made it to me ok… but straight from my package was definitely way better.

Indigobloom

Hmmm perhaps it was that particular batch that was different

When I saw that this was being reblended, I practically jumped out of my chair with joy. It’s on my (long) list of 52tea desires: the ones I’d love to try, but were made so long ago or were so popular that I have no hope of ever getting a sample. And here, right in front of me, the opportunity to buy an entire pouch?! Thinking back on it, I should have gotten 2, but money’s been tight this month so I went with just one.

Opening the pouch for this is a transcendent experience. It’s marshmallow treats all right, with SUCH a strong marshmallow smell but some nice toastiness too. I’ve had this hot and cold brewed since I got mine, and both ways are beyond divine. The marshmallow flavor is thick and delicious and creamy-sweet, but it’s balanced so well by the genmaicha base. I think marshmallow can easily be an overwhelming flavor, bordering on sickly-sweet, but 52teas balances it so well with things like nutty genmaicha, lemon, and mint. So you get just enough marshmallow without feeling nauseous.

The genmaicha base is what really makes this tea perfect. It mimics the crunchy, crusty flavor and texture of a marshmallow bar so perfectly. Just like in the Cherry Cheesecake Genmaicha, when it was the perfect “crust.” I think most people wouldn’t imagine it as the perfect base for a dessert tea, but I wish there were more genmaicha blends! And more marshmallow blends as well, since this is… heaven. I can’t get enough of it! One of my favorites from them for sure. If you have this, give it a try cold brewed: you won’t regret it.

I’m enjoying this tea while snacking on salted okra chips! MMmmm! I’m enjoying the marshmallowy ricey tea with the salted sticky tooth’d okra! All this while watching more korean dramas, this time Flower Boy Next Door!

Nooo, my tealogs today are making sound like a preggers lady! I’m not! Just slightly crazy today from lack of tea.

Mercuryhime

Okra chips?! Whaaa??!! That sounds awesome! Where do you get them?

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

I got them from the grocery store, Sprouts! they look like this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bWIlkyH22UE/TycX_T7pMCI/AAAAAAAAGiY/YFcrdlGDY-k/s640/3325175687_99d9497c09.jpg
they are really crunchy like chips and salty, but as you chew they get kinda sticky on your teeth.

Mercuryhime

oooh, looks and sounds amazing! Gotta try and find some of these. I love trying new foods! Which explains why I have so much dang tea since I want to try all of them….

2068 tasting notes

I have a friend who comes over every couple of weeks for study dates and tea tasting. I am always happy to share whether it be through swaps with the lovely people of steepster or just splitting a pot of tea with a friend. It is always so much fun to see what people think!

Well, today she decided she wanted to try green teas. I laid out all of the ones I had and she narrowed it down to 5 which I then narrowed down to 2 since I can make one in the gravity steeper and another in my timolino to have right after. Obviously, this was one of the two picks. First off, I enjoy this tea so I was more than happy to have it again. But mostly, she has never tried a Genmaicha before and so she was intrigued.

Anyways, I don’t know what I did today but this cup is exceptionally delicious! I am getting much more marshmallow flavor this time around so there is a perfect balance between the sweet/creamy marshmallow and the roasty-toasty rice. The last cup I had was great but a little more towards the genmaicha flavors, which I enjoy, so I was happy but now I see the true genius in this blend. The marshmallow provides an amazing compliment to the rice and makes for a smoother drink. My friend also seems to be enjoying her cup (although if she did not there would have been more for me so it is bittersweet :P). I think this was definitely a nice introduction to Genmaicha and an awesome first tea of the day.