Strawberry Lemonade Bai Mu Dan

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

From 52teas

Here’s our delicate and sweet Bai Mu Dan white tea blended with real freeze-dried strawberry bits, organic lemon myrtle and natural flavors. If it’s anywhere near as hot where you are as it is here (111° yesterday!), you’re going to want some of this deliciousness to cool off with. It makes a great, light, refreshing and thirst-quenching iced tea!

But don’t drag your feet! Like all of our Tea of the Week offerings, this is a limited edition blend. When it’s gone, it’s gone!

Our Tea of the Week for the week of July 11th, 2011

About 52teas View company

Well I am still making my way through the 12 days of christmas packets… it was hidden in my cupboard so today I pulled this one and I was not really sure I was in the mood for a fruit tea but decided to give it a try.
The smell of the tea was just like it says, nice strawberry and hint of tartness at the end which would be the lemonade. I steeped it very short time since it is a white tea and the taste of the tea is much more flavorful than I thought it would be for a white tea! It had a great strawberry taste and at the end you can taste the lemonade part. i would love to try this one cold because I bet it would be so refreshing in the summer on a hot day! Yum Yum Yum.

I’m nervous about white teas, but the ones I’ve tried from 52teas have been really nice and inviting. This is no exception. Lightly sweet, hints of strawberries and lemon. Enjoying it hot on a cold Winter night, but must be awesome cold in the Summer!
It has a great aroma and the flavors are delicate and not too intrusive. A nice departure from blacks & greens..my taste buds can relax a bit just about now.
I’m still weary about trying whites by itself

This tastes like Pez and happiness.

I didn’t really know what I was doing last night when I concocted this but it worked! I steeped it with boiling water for a few minutes then let it cool in my little glass pitcher to let it cool. Then I threw some strawberries I had in my freezer in it and let it sit overnight. I think I could have let it steep a bit longer as there is not a lot of flavor but it is refreshing and enjoyable as is :)

This one is enjoyable. The strawberry is the main flavor here and the lemonade lingers in back and in the aftertaste. I like it but it would probably be a little better iced. Or with a slice of lemon.

While this wasn’t a bad tea, it just didn’t seem to hit the right chords. The title is luscious, but made as iced tea it fell short of expectations. The strawberry was too subtle and the lemon myrtle didn’t offer enough sour to truly complement the Bai Mu Dan tea. A waltz on the tongue was expected, while a leisurely stroll in the park is what appeared. A little experimentation might elevate this one; a bit of lemon or perhaps a dash of Del’s Lemonade mix might make this a really good iced tea.

Final analysis: Drinkable, but could do with a little help.

185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more