Cinnamon Roll Honeybush

Honeybush Tea
Cinnamon, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

2 Images

• “Thanks again *Emilie* for the generous sample so I could play around with it. I also got this in my grab bag, so I am happy. This was a cold brewing. DaisyChubb was right, the cream cheese...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 767 tasting notes
  • “SIPDOWN! oh yeah baby! One of the first 52 teas i ordered and i'm finally finished the bag. While i thoroughly enjoyed this one, i find that i like the balance the strawberry pie gives to the...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4026 tasting notes
  • “My initial thought when opening this package (first one I'm reviewing from the grab bag sale), was that it seems to have the same sort of spicing as Strawberry Pie honeybush! That's exciting, since...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “Started this last night/this morning, and just finishing it now. Whatever was bugging my stomach last night has now moved lower on down, and while I feel better, I'm still a bit off. Going to take...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 928 tasting notes

From 52teas

Yeah, we went there. And I’m going to warn you guys now, I DO not have all of the ingredients I need to reblend this one right now–though I imagine I will be ordering them soon–so don’t drag your feet or you’re going to miss out on something incredible.

We took our caffeine-free African honeybush and blended it with organic cinnamon chips and natural flavors (including the essences of butter, brown sugar and cream cheese frosting to name a few). This is the real deal: You’ll swear someone just baked a batch of ooey-gooey cinnamon rolls.

Our Tea of the Week for the Week of July 18th

About 52teas View company

I have a bit of a problem with this tea.

I can’t stop drinking it. I’ve had it for 3 days and I’ve drank 1/3 of the pouch. I’m going to have to start rationing this at the same time I start a campaign to get it added to the permeant collection. It’s good hot. It’s good cold. It’s magic.

After I bought Cinnamon Roll Honeybush I became nervous. I dislike most cinnamon teas. What had I done! The allure of cinnamon rolls drew me in and seduced me but no tea could really taste like cinnamon rolls.

I was wrong. Wrong Wrong Wrong. I’m still a little mystified at how Frank does it but all the notes of a warm gooey cinnamon roll are there. Sweet cream cheese frosting? Check. Comforting squishy dough? Check. Spicy Cinnamon? Check.

Excuse me while I go drink the liter of goodness that I just brewed.

Ashley Bain

gah RIGHT. I am obsessed with this tea. I’ve almost gone through 3 bags! This needs to be a permanent. COME ON FRANK!

Ninavampi

I wish I could have tried it… It sounds amazing… Please brink it back Frank! Pleeeaaaase!!!

Am glad I came to this page before I drank any. This doesn’t appear vegan safe and there was less info about ingredients on the package than there is here.

52teas

Hi. I’m not sure what you’re referring to as far as there being more information here than on the label. I assure you, this tea is 100% vegan. All of the ingredients are properly listed on the label as required by law.

52teas

I think I see what you might be referring to. The same information is actually on our website, but when I say, “the essences of butter, brown sugar and cream cheese frosting” I am refering to natural flavors with are actually 100% vegan. I know it sounds strange to have a natural butter flavor that is vegan, but I assure you, it is.

Rumpus Parable

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

I had this last night before bed. I really like it quite a bit. I can’t imagine you could get a more true cinnamon roll flavor in a tea. This would be something I would reorder.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 5 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

Thanks to the mahvelous MissB for noticing that this was on my wishlist and including some in my order.

All I’m getting out of this is cinnamon. Just… cinnamon. Not unpleasant, but one-note. I tried adding brown rock sugar to coax out some creaminess. It didn’t work. This is a nice basic cinnamon tea but nothing special for me.

sipdown

Eeeeee! I got so many awesome teas in the mail today from jessiwrites! http://instagram.com/p/YJMDSOOZAf/

This is my first official honeybush tea! Well, not counting Lemon Chiffon which is rooibos and honeybush. It smells quite cinnamon-y and spicy. I’m intrigued. I have a love/hate relationship with 52Teas blends – not because they aren’t good. The ones I’ve tried have been delicious. But I almost don’t want to try them and love them and then not be able to get them.

Just from the name I was expecting a tea that may have been too sweet for my liking but I’m pleasantly surprised here. This tea is not at all sweet, the cinnamon is there but I’m not getting too much of a baked “roll” type taste. There’s another foreign, but not bad, taste in there I’m guessing is the honeybush. Another pleasant surprise since I really wasn’t sure what to expect, I was just hoping it didn’t have the same medicinal taste as rooibos.

I’m happy I got to try this tea out :)

ooh those are some good ones!

whatshesaid

Nice haul!!

jessiwrites

I felt exactly the same way about this.

Experience buying from @Ashley: I bought this tea from Ashley when she was selling all of her tea. I received the tea quickly through the mail and my package was filled with many surprises. Thank you Ashley!

Packaging: 52Teas packaging is very professional: small silver zip locked bags with a clear front that has a 3” X 3” label on it which has the name of the tea, an ingredient list, and an expertly created picture of the food item that the tea replicates.

Appearance and aroma of dry leaf: strong smell, almost overwhelming, but somewhat like cinnamon rolls.

Brewing guidelines: I used a metal basket strainer inside a ceramic 16 oz. cup, such that I put a lid over the top to keep the heat in. Cup was warmed before steeping. Stevia added.
…………….1st: near boiling, 2’
…………….2nd: nearer to boiling, 4’
…………….3rd: spot on boiling, 6’
…………….4th: even more spot on boiling, 10’

Color and aroma of tea liquor: Ruddy brown, very mild aroma.

Flavor of tea liquor: Somewhat like cinnamon rolls, but something tastes a little off (some as with the smell of the dry leaf): possibly too tart. The second and later steepings had no odd flavor, and so tasted a little better to me.

Overall: After all of the hype about this tea, I was initially disappointed with the first steeping. The second steeping was a little better, and it had good flavor up through the third (the forth had little flavor). I like to get multiple steepings out of any tea; I imagine this would taste differently if steeped only once for a longer period of time—but that’s not how I prepare my tea. Unfortunately I read all of the glowing reviews before trying this tea and got my hopes up about it. I have learned my lesson. With the remainder of Frank’s teas—-or any other, for that matter—-I plan to read only the data in the review first regarding how to steep it. Then, later, I can compare notes. Oh well. Maybe over time I will like this one more .

Ninavampi

Certain flavors aren’t always going to make everyone happy… But I really really hope that it will make me happy! I am soooo excited that it just got revived! : ) Yay! I get to try it!

SimpliciTEA

I also hope it makes you happy. Franks teas certainly are fun!

Yum! Finally tried this one tonight. It’s really nice but I prefer the piña colada honeybush slightly. I DO want to try this one as a latte! I bet it’d be fab :)

Marcel Duchamp

This one sounds awesome. yum.

I haven’t had a cinnamon roll in ages because I overdid it during the numerous trips I made to Ikea when I was moving (yeah I know, no one forced me to get one every time). So I figured I’d try one in guilt-free tea format. I must admit that I was a little skeptical that it would end up being just another cinnamon tea (though this was my first tea from 52teas, so I didn’t know what I was in for!)

This actually tastes like a cinnamon roll! The cinnamon is not overpowering at all, and is equally balanced with the bready taste of the roll. I barely noticed the honeybush, except for the last couple of sips when it started to taste a little sour. But the rest of it was buttery cinnamon pastry goodness. I don’t know if I’ll ever have a real cinnamon roll again! (instead I’ll save my calories for cake and chocolate ;) )

Okay, this is extremely good.
I was a bit wary of the honeybush because I’ve never had it before but don’t really love rooibos that much. In this tea, the base isn’t all that apparent and what is there just adds a nice sweetness and depth.
The aroma of the dry leaf had me a little nervous. It smelled good, but more like ginger ale (sweet and gingery) than cinnamon rolls. Once I brewed it up it smelled more like one would expect a cinnamon roll tea to smell. It also had a really pretty clear liquor.
I had this sweetened and it was a very warm tea. There really are all the components of a cinnamon bun here! I didn’t expect frosting, but I got it! I also got sweet dough and cinnamon.
It’s got real warmth to it. The mister, who isn’t really big on tea but agreed to a mug of this, loved it as well. His comment was “this tastes like it’s meant to have a bit of whiskey in it”. He’s right, I actually got a somewhat boozy vibe from it too. It would likely be fantastic with a bit of alcohol, but we don’t really drink.
It tastes like sitting next to the fire in a big blanket. It’s very warm and comforting and I would repurchase this.

Who even needs real cinnamon rolls? Oh man. When I first smelled this tea, I was like, “I want an IKEA cinnamon roll.” (to which my boyfriend responded, “the difference between you and me is that I wake up every day wanting one.”)

This is just perfect. It’s not too spicy, it’s not too sweet. It’s just right, and it tastes like a cinnamon roll without all the eating. And in the case of IKEA cinnamon rolls, not having to go there.

I wish I could get cinnamon-addicted boyfriend to try it but I’m sure he’ll tell me it smells like fake cinnamon. Of course he also thinks anytime someone tries to get him to drink tea, they’re trying to convert him away from coffee. But I am pretty sure he’d like this…but it’s fine, I don’t have to share then!

TeaBrat

this is one of my favorite herbal teas!

Ninavampi

I can’t wait for mine to arrive! : )

momo

after seeing so many posts raving about it, I had to get it!