Cinnamon Roll Honeybush

Honeybush Tea
Cinnamon, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

2 Images

• “Thanks again *Emilie* for the generous sample so I could play around with it. I also got this in my grab bag, so I am happy. This was a cold brewing. DaisyChubb was right, the cream cheese...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 767 tasting notes
  • “SIPDOWN! oh yeah baby! One of the first 52 teas i ordered and i'm finally finished the bag. While i thoroughly enjoyed this one, i find that i like the balance the strawberry pie gives to the...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4026 tasting notes
  • “My initial thought when opening this package (first one I'm reviewing from the grab bag sale), was that it seems to have the same sort of spicing as Strawberry Pie honeybush! That's exciting, since...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “Started this last night/this morning, and just finishing it now. Whatever was bugging my stomach last night has now moved lower on down, and while I feel better, I'm still a bit off. Going to take...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 928 tasting notes

From 52teas

Yeah, we went there. And I’m going to warn you guys now, I DO not have all of the ingredients I need to reblend this one right now–though I imagine I will be ordering them soon–so don’t drag your feet or you’re going to miss out on something incredible.

We took our caffeine-free African honeybush and blended it with organic cinnamon chips and natural flavors (including the essences of butter, brown sugar and cream cheese frosting to name a few). This is the real deal: You’ll swear someone just baked a batch of ooey-gooey cinnamon rolls.

Our Tea of the Week for the Week of July 18th

About 52teas View company

How did he get the cinnamon roll in my cup? Does he roll the tea leaves in the icing and cinnamon ooey gooey goodness? What ever magic he uses I am a fan. I took it black and loved it.

Cinnamon roll honey bush

Upon opening the package, the texture and color of the tea itself reminded me of a very fine gardening mulch, like what you would hand pick for your favorite orchid. Of course the aroma is not resembling at all of a garden variety anything, but it does have an interesting sweet earthy cinnamon quality.
I brewed this tea with my bodum press, at 200 for 4 minutes. It’s aroma does remind me of opening an oven full of cinnamon rolls that haven’t been iced. This blend has a very balanced spice from cinnamon and a light frothy smell similar to a yeast dough. There are two things I really appreciate in this tea, one being that the taste isn’t as strong as the aroma of the loose tea and that the honey bush is the strongest flavor, secondly the cinnamon isn’t too strong as to be overpowering like I feel it typically is in a cinnamon tea. You do get the appropriate suggestive notes of flavor that bring you to a gooey baked good like sweet and buttery. I don’t taste an icing flavor that I wish I did, but it might be plenty sweet as is. I truly love the tangy honey bush flavor that is the base of this tea and I’m going to try it cold next time, and perhaps a longer infusion after that. My only disappointment with the tea is that I can not get a caffeinated variety to make this my breakfast tea replacement ;)
Thanks Frank for this delicious tea!!!

Teasuce

I just wanted to follow up with my other brewings, adding a minute to the brew time ( 5 min total) and letting it cool then chilling it in the fridge got the best taste out of this for me. I swear you can taste cream cheese icing when you brew/serve it like that. Try it! So good :)

Cinnamon Roll Honeybush came in the mail today … dipping my little toe into the 52teas world for the first time. This one I should like, if any. The package did not have steeping instructions, so had to read through all the prior notes and strike a happy medium … 1-1/2 tsp./8 oz./195 for 7 minutes is how I prepared this.

Ok, so the tea … hmmmm, it smells really good. Can smell the cinnamon and a faint yeast factor. First sip, I’m getting the cinnamon for sure … not as strong as I had imagined it to be. Not getting any vanilla/icing, well maybe a little tiny bit in the background. I’m starting to think this may need steeped longer, because it’s a bit weak for my tastes. Hmmm ~ponders~

Mercuryhime

I find that many 52teas taste best once it’s cooled. :)

Cheryl

Will try that…thanks :)

You know that very particular smell of a cinnamon roll, that combination of hot caramelized cinnamon over freshly baked bread? That is exactly what this tea smells like, both in the bag and in the cup. The taste isn’t quite as strong as the smell, but definitely gets across that baked cinnamon taste. Towards the bottom of the cup a faint note of icing even comes into play – brilliant. This is a dessert tea that I’ll be reaching for at every hour of the day.

Thanks to Amanda and the traveling tea box for this Delight! I picked this tea cues my husband loves Cinnamon buns, Im glad i did. I figured this would make a good first cup in the morning :) of course you smell the cinnamon Right away! and that basically what this tea is Cinnamon, its quite good and I am Enjoying it immensely with my oatmeal :) this is Not one that i would have to have in my cupboard at all times but it is very good!!

Apparently I haven’t logged this yet! I guess I’ve been too busy enjoying it?

All I have to say is: can we get a permanent status for this one? It’s quickly become one of my caffeine-free faves and my go-to for all sorts of occasions. I’m tempted to buy another pouch while there are some but don’t want to be ridiculous!

Ashley Bain

Everyone’s begggging Frank for this to be permanent!

The smell of both the dry and brewed leaves are warm and intoxicating! I smell lots of cinnamon and a little something gooey underneath. Once brewed the cinnamon came through sharp and in front. For half that cup it kind of just tasted like cinnamon water but after it cooled down some more I can taste something doughy underneath. I can’t really taste any sweetness (brown sugar or cream cheese) though which is a little disappointing. Overall it tastes pretty good though. Perhaps I should try adding some sweetener to it? Although I don’t like doing that because the teas should speak for themselves:)

52teas

Might try a little more leaf with the honeybush blends. Teaspoon and a half or so per 8oz cup. Just in case you hadn’t already…

GiggleGoddess

Okie dokie! I was looking for a steeping/amount guideline on your website but couldn’t find any, lol! My next cup shall be better!

52teas

I keep thinking about posting guidelines, but really everyone is unique. I think that’s part of the experience of tea is finding that sweet spot for YOU. And everyone kind of has to find it for themselves.

GiggleGoddess

I understand:) Every person has a unique setup…different boiling temps(determined by elevation), hard/soft water, electric kettle/stove/microwave…there’s endless variables!

OMG! I’m drinking a cinnamon roll, and I’m in heaven :-)

There’s a bit of a saga around my first order from Frank; you can read about it on my blog at http://missmylin.wordpress.com/2012/04/04/the-tea-saga/

This tea was one that Frank sent me in the replacement package. I wouldn’t have thought to order it myself, but I’m sooooo glad I got the chance to try it. I’ve never tried honeybush before; I love rooibos though so it’s a perfect fit for me. And this really is like drinking a cinnamon roll. I tried it plain first which is great. Then I added a little bit of sugar which was like putting icing on the cinnamon roll vs. eating it plain.

I am definitely a 52teas convert, and I can’t wait to try the rest of the teas in my shipment!

Teasuce gave me a sample of this today. Really great dessert tea. I put a little almond milk in it and enjoyed. Next I will try it iced.

I gave this one a try yesterday evening before we had to leave for dinner plans. I often don’t try something new when I know I won’t have a lot of time to linger and enjoy something new and to really take the time to evaluate it. This one came from the generous MissB and was calling my name to try it.

This is a nice cup of creamy cinnamon. Not too strong, but not to subtle… I love me some cinnamon and I was tempted to stir a little sugar in with a cinnamon stick to just add a little more to the cinnamon, but I didn’t have time to dig one out of the cabinet… I did add just a touch of raw sugar to help bring out the creamy icing flavor that I think was there, but could be brought out a bit more. Maybe I’ll add a splash of milk next time to try and bring out the icing flavor a bit more.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cream