Cashew Turtle

Caramel, Chocolate, Nuts, Cocoa
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “This week is a five-day series of sleep, starve/drink protein shakes while doing lab work until the wee hours of the morning, come home, eat, sleep, repeat. So no time for tea decisions, I'm...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “Hey, you guys? Guys? Guys! Guess what? I'm opening my very last pouch of my FAVOURITE 52teas flavour for a very special reason... I got a seasonal position at LUSH! eeee~! Caramel &...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “So ladies and gents, I was able to wrangle a small sample of this one from the lovely *Kittenna* who is hanging on to the last of her bag for dear life :) I have to say that I'm really glad I...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4026 tasting notes
  • “Snuck a quick cup of this in before heading out to the dentist yesterday morning. It also happened to be the last cup I had of this from last year's Xmas sampler. This was one of the teas that I...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes

From 52teas

After getting behind last week, only to find my office flooded via some plumbing mishap at the end of the week, I went in to work this weekend and decided that we really needed a special treat for our tea of the week this week. Something rich and decadent and sinful. Something to ease a troubled and harried mind…

So here we are: I started with a bold blend of Assam teas; none of those lighter crisper teas for this blend, this is to be a full, rich experience. Into that blend of Assam teas, I’ve added organic cacao nibs for a rich, chocolatey experience and real cashew pieces along with all natural chocolate, caramel and cashew flavors.

If you can open a pouch of this tea and your mouth doesn’t instantly start to water, you might want to check your pulse. This folks, is a Dessert tea with a capital “D”. Enjoy it, and don’t miss out. It’s not going to last long!

Our Tea of the Week for the Week of August 1st, 2011

About 52teas View company

Wow! I really like this one. It’s a dessert tea, sweet, with a base of black tea and a thread of caramel. I don’t really get a nutty flavor to this, but the overall idea of a chocolate turtle is definitely there. I’ll be trying milk with this soon to see how it tastes.

Thanks to LiberTea for passing on a sample!

Wow. If you want a tea that tastes exactly like what it says, this is a good one to try. You can taste the nutty overtones very strongly, and there’s a hint of chocolatey caramel that mixes distinctively with the cashews. If I chew on my ice cubes it’s like I’ve eaten a little sweet treat without the guilt. I am on an iced tea kick, as usual in the summer, and this one is brilliant over ice. I use a splash of half & half to up the creaminess, and I sweeten with splenda. I’m sure it would be just as lovely with other sweeteners, especially honey (I imagine it taking on a honey nut cheerio flavor) — overall I think this tea is really wonderful for a hot summer day, or as an after dinner tea. Really, it’s great any time of day, but I don’t really place time restrictions on tea with the exception of chamomile (bedtime). Love it, love it!!

What a perfect christmas tea! Unfortunately I didn’t read any of the caveats about oversteeping until after I committed the same sin. I typically like my flavored black teas a little stronger, and disregard steeping instructions, but this delicate blend would have none of that! Despite the bitterness, there was excellent deep, dark chocolately flavor mixed with caramel and a hint of nuttiness that made for a decadent indulgence, which helped get through today at work! After all, isn’t that what the holidays are all about?

Not a bad cup of tea by any means, but not particularly noteworthy either. I taste more caramel than chocolate, and the cashew adds just a hint of nuttiness.

It always surprises me when I’ve got an idea stuck in my head about a tea, try it anyway, and it surprises me. I grabbed this in the re-blend extravaganza, thinking I’d probably like it enough to drink a bag of it, and then be quite happy passing on by after that.

I was wrong. I may need to order more if there’s still some available. Ack. Of course, it’s gone already. :(

Yes, this is good. Very, very good. The strongest note is caramel, then chocolate, then definitely a salty cashew-type flavor. I eat a lot of cashews, so I’m thinking the flavoring is a bit off from what I’m used to, however it’s still very, very VERY tasty. I may need to try making this as a chai next.

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate, Nuts

I have some of this i can share with you if you need a quick fix :)

52Teas reblended three of the blends I wanted reblended the most… so I had to place my first order! This was the only one I wasn’t sure if I loved because I hadn’t had it before. But caramelwalnutchocolate. Immediately upon opening the pouch though, there is that chemical chocolate scent. I’ve had a pouch of chocolate tea from 52Teas that did this before, but it seemed like it had less of that as time went on. This is a new blend, maybe it just needs time to meld. I will definitely try it again in a few weeks. For now, it’s a bit disappointing. I even has a chunk of walnut in the infuser I couldn’t really taste. Just some of the chocolate, maybe a hint of nuttiness and a sweet taste that if you think real long could be caramel. But like I said, I’ll try it again in a few weeks!

hmm… I’m sipping cold now and it does taste better/ actually like a turtle! I can always wait until it’s cold if I don’t LOVE it hot.. the black tea doesn’t get astringent anyway.