Cashew Turtle

Caramel, Chocolate, Nuts, Cocoa
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “This week is a five-day series of sleep, starve/drink protein shakes while doing lab work until the wee hours of the morning, come home, eat, sleep, repeat. So no time for tea decisions, I'm...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “Hey, you guys? Guys? Guys! Guess what? I'm opening my very last pouch of my FAVOURITE 52teas flavour for a very special reason... I got a seasonal position at LUSH! eeee~! Caramel &...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “So ladies and gents, I was able to wrangle a small sample of this one from the lovely *Kittenna* who is hanging on to the last of her bag for dear life :) I have to say that I'm really glad I...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4830 tasting notes
  • “Snuck a quick cup of this in before heading out to the dentist yesterday morning. It also happened to be the last cup I had of this from last year's Xmas sampler. This was one of the teas that I...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes

From 52teas

After getting behind last week, only to find my office flooded via some plumbing mishap at the end of the week, I went in to work this weekend and decided that we really needed a special treat for our tea of the week this week. Something rich and decadent and sinful. Something to ease a troubled and harried mind…

So here we are: I started with a bold blend of Assam teas; none of those lighter crisper teas for this blend, this is to be a full, rich experience. Into that blend of Assam teas, I’ve added organic cacao nibs for a rich, chocolatey experience and real cashew pieces along with all natural chocolate, caramel and cashew flavors.

If you can open a pouch of this tea and your mouth doesn’t instantly start to water, you might want to check your pulse. This folks, is a Dessert tea with a capital “D”. Enjoy it, and don’t miss out. It’s not going to last long!

Our Tea of the Week for the Week of August 1st, 2011

About 52teas View company

Wow! I really like this one. It’s a dessert tea, sweet, with a base of black tea and a thread of caramel. I don’t really get a nutty flavor to this, but the overall idea of a chocolate turtle is definitely there. I’ll be trying milk with this soon to see how it tastes.

Thanks to LiberTea for passing on a sample!

Wow. If you want a tea that tastes exactly like what it says, this is a good one to try. You can taste the nutty overtones very strongly, and there’s a hint of chocolatey caramel that mixes distinctively with the cashews. If I chew on my ice cubes it’s like I’ve eaten a little sweet treat without the guilt. I am on an iced tea kick, as usual in the summer, and this one is brilliant over ice. I use a splash of half & half to up the creaminess, and I sweeten with splenda. I’m sure it would be just as lovely with other sweeteners, especially honey (I imagine it taking on a honey nut cheerio flavor) — overall I think this tea is really wonderful for a hot summer day, or as an after dinner tea. Really, it’s great any time of day, but I don’t really place time restrictions on tea with the exception of chamomile (bedtime). Love it, love it!!

What a perfect christmas tea! Unfortunately I didn’t read any of the caveats about oversteeping until after I committed the same sin. I typically like my flavored black teas a little stronger, and disregard steeping instructions, but this delicate blend would have none of that! Despite the bitterness, there was excellent deep, dark chocolately flavor mixed with caramel and a hint of nuttiness that made for a decadent indulgence, which helped get through today at work! After all, isn’t that what the holidays are all about?

Not a bad cup of tea by any means, but not particularly noteworthy either. I taste more caramel than chocolate, and the cashew adds just a hint of nuttiness.

Thanks to Sil for a sample of this.
Like most of the flavored teas I’ve tried, it’s ok, but not nearly as exciting to me as it is to so many other people here.
Sipdown

TheTeaFairy

Boo for me, I have no love for 52teas…

Terri HarpLady

I relate :)

Same…. Esp when you look at teas vs price

This is the sort of black tea that I love – one where a 2 minute steep is sufficient. I don’t have a lot of time in the mornings, so teas like this one are perfect for making in a travel mug to bring to work. I made this in the Timolino with rock sugar.

It is so good. This tea has a thick mouthfeel and the aftertaste is pure caramel. I don’t taste chocolate, per se, but the thickness of this tea makes me think I’m biting into a sweet treat.

Delicious. And well worth the wait for this to be reblended.

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

It always surprises me when I’ve got an idea stuck in my head about a tea, try it anyway, and it surprises me. I grabbed this in the re-blend extravaganza, thinking I’d probably like it enough to drink a bag of it, and then be quite happy passing on by after that.

I was wrong. I may need to order more if there’s still some available. Ack. Of course, it’s gone already. :(

Yes, this is good. Very, very good. The strongest note is caramel, then chocolate, then definitely a salty cashew-type flavor. I eat a lot of cashews, so I’m thinking the flavoring is a bit off from what I’m used to, however it’s still very, very VERY tasty. I may need to try making this as a chai next.

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate, Nuts

I have some of this i can share with you if you need a quick fix :)

Additional notes: Trying this one again a few weeks later like I said I would (well, according to my tasting notes, it has been two months and a week. Whoops.) Really, this one still has the same flavor as the last cup from the new batch did. I made sure my infuser had a cashew and plenty of chocolate nibs. The scent from the cup does still smell a bit like alcohol, but it might be better now. I’m getting hints of chocolate and cashew in the flavor, but not really any caramel unless that is what that hint of sweetness is. These flavors make the base black tea better than other flavors might. Even with the second steep, with the flavors decreased, the black base is more bearable. I see 52Teas is using all other bases than this one, like keemun, or even just honeybush, oolong, genmaicha… I love ALL of their other bases. Who even sells flavored honeybush?! Honestly, I think I’d avoid buying or even drinking this base in the future. But maybe that’s just my tastes… I see on the site they have four more pouches available for sale, if anyone wants to try it for themselves! I wish I could buy ALL of the other 52Teas right now. Monies though.
Steep #1 // 10 minutes after boiling // 2 min steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 min

Oh my gosh, I just discovered graze.com! Use this code to get FREE SNACKS. Get your first and fifth box for FREE and cancel any time, otherwise they are only $5-$6 delivered. That is eight free snacks and they all look delicious! https://www.graze.com/us/p/2X3PWJ7CU
Also, I get $1 off future boxes if you use that code, so please use that code to keep my broke butt fed. :D

Stephanie

I got a graze box! Why not, since it’s free :)

Tea Sipper

Cool! thank you! I hope you find some tasty things you like in it. :D

Kat_Maria

I ordered, too! I am glad there was an option of receiving it every 2 weeks because weekly just seemed way too frequent for me :)

Tea Sipper

Yeah, I changed it to every two weeks too. Just to be kinder to my postal people. haha. Three people signed up with my code! thanks everyone! I at least wanted to get $1 off each box until the fifth box, to see if I want to continue with it. Goal met!