Cherries Jubilee Bai Mu Dan

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Angrboda

• “mmmmmm this tea might be a bit old but I can see why this would have been pretty popular. I'm holding off rating this because i think it's been around a bit. However, this seems like it would be...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4942 tasting notes
  • “Danish tax people are on to my activities. 196 kr in customs fees they demanded in ransom for my 52teas order. The contents of which cost 50 kr LESS than that, shipping included. Greedy greedy...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1282 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! I had a good time with this tea - I'm sad to see it go, it was so sweet and cherry and delicate! Delicate but with a very distinctive flavour - creamy icecream aftertaste! YUM! I...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “I'm a cherry fanatic so this tea was a must-have when Frank came up with it. Most of the cherry flavoured teas I've tried from other companies have been disapointing, either too artifical-tasting...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1607 tasting notes

From 52teas

An amazingly harmonious blend of light, sweet bai mu dan white tea, dried cherries and natural flavors including cherry, brandy and just a bit of vanilla. I really think you’re going to like this one.

About 52teas View company

Mmm.. cherry vanilla. This is a light tea – very smooth and nice this cool afternoon. I drink it without sweetener, because it doesn’t need anything to help with the flavors. It’s one of the only whites I’ve ever had, but I’m thinking if I were to try more I wouldn’t be disappointed. :)

Jillian

I just got a pouch of this tea in today and I can’t wait to give it a try!

This is DELICIOUS! Bi mu dan always tastes slightly fruity to me anyway, so it goes perfectly with the cherry flavors. It’s not overwhelmingly cherry, but gently cherry, to match the gentle white, with a hint of vanilla. I can’t find the brandy, but that’s a good thing because I don’t like brandy.

I really like this.

Angrboda

I was interested in this, it came right after I had complained about cherry flavoured teas were so few and far between, but I was rather turned off by the brandy. I had the pina colada honeybush and found the alcoholic note in that one completely unacceptable. I don’t much like any kind of alcohol at all.. Now I don’t know… If the alcohol isn’t very strong… It does, in all other ways, sound like something I would like.

ssajami

That’s interesting, I never liked the pina colada honeybush either, but never could put my finger on what bothered me about it. Maybe it was the alcoholic note.
On the other hand, my palate isn’t very sensitive, so maybe that’s not it.

This one, however, is very good. Cherries and white. It’s already sold out, but I could send you some if you like.

Angrboda

I saw some more of it had become available so I ordered some myself. If you still want to swap, though, I’m game. :) I’ve followed you so you can PM me.

1908 tasting notes

I love cherry tea, but the last one I tried tasted like a cross between cough syrup and old plastic. This one, however, is delicious and everything I would want out of a cherry tea. It is a subtle cherry flavor that works well with the Bai Mu Dan and just a hint of vanilla. I’m not really picking up on the brandy, but I also know that my sample of tea is pretty old so the age may have affected the flavor a bit. I tried this hot this morning, but have been drinking it iced all day.

This was my first tea from 52teas and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The dry tea leaves smelled very cherry-like and not a fake cherry smell either. I brewed for 5 minutes and the aroma of the tea reminded me of juicy cherries.

However, upon tasting the cherry wasn’t overwhelming and instead really complimented the white tea. I didn’t get the vanilla notes that other tasters got, but I did get a bit of an almond/amaretto flavor (unfortunately I wasn’t a big fan of those notes in this tea). Though I do like this tea, the almond/amaretto flavor was enough that I wouldn’t order it again (though my husband wholeheartedly disagrees with me and says that he would definitely order this tea again).