Lemon-Lime Meringue Kukicha

Green Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “I brewed up a pitcher full of this last night for chilling in the fridge. It's an AWESOME iced tea. so good. So very very good. I think it's even better iced than hot. ” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4550 tasting notes
  • “I forgot that I still had some of this and just found it recently in my stash. I have had it for quite a few months and I think it is getting stale (my bad, I really need to do a moratorium on...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2536 tasting notes
  • “I decided to poke about in my sample box from *LiberTEAS* tonight, and ran across a few 52teas that I hadn't yet tried. Of course, since I'm trying to sample them all, I *had* to get...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2498 tasting notes
  • “I wanted something citrusy and sweet tonight while watching Wizard of Oz on TV. This fit the bill! I found my sample and brewed it up. This is absolutely delicious! The scent is like lemon...” Read full tasting note
    oOTeaOo 1598 tasting notes

From 52teas

This is an extremely limited edition blend. We have enough for twenty 2oz. pouches of this blend, then it’s gone. This is a Kukicha green tea blended with lemon myrtle and natural flavors.

We’ve managed to capture the essence of a slice of lemon-lime meringue pie, with a light touch of pastry-like crust, lemon and lime and of course, the meringue. Those of you who have the opportunity to try this are going to be blown away by it. Don’t delay, it’s not going to last long.

About 52teas View company

I brewed up a pitcher full of this last night for chilling in the fridge. It’s an AWESOME iced tea. so good. So very very good. I think it’s even better iced than hot.

I forgot that I still had some of this and just found it recently in my stash. I have had it for quite a few months and I think it is getting stale (my bad, I really need to do a moratorium on buying any more green tea).

This still tastes good to me though, definitely very meringue and dessert like, the lime and lemon flavors just seem to really pop. I put a bit of soymilk in there sometimes to enhance the creamy flavor. It’s also a good iced tea. I hope Frank does another lemon meringue tea someday. :)

Indigobloom

good luck on the tea ban, I just bought more today… sighs…

CHAroma

Tea is just too wonderful to resist!!

TeaBrat

well green tea tends to spoil so fast, if anything I can only buy stuff with a longer shelf life. ;)

Charisma

You tempted me to try this tea! :)

TeaBrat

ha! Is this one of the ones I sent you, I don’t recall…

I decided to poke about in my sample box from LiberTEAS tonight, and ran across a few 52teas that I hadn’t yet tried. Of course, since I’m trying to sample them all, I had to get started!

Steeped, this smells delicious, creamy and limey and amazing. Exactly like key lime pie!! The dry tea smells similar, but not as strong. How on earth did I wait so long to try this??!

Mmmm, and it’s pretty tasty. Smooth and creamy with tangy lime. I feel like it tastes just a touch oversteeped, so I’ll reduce the time for the next attempt (I think there’s enough for two more cups!!!) This is really quite tasty though. If it was still around, I’m 95% certain I’d be purchasing a packet for myself! Mmmmmmm… On second thought regarding the apparent oversteeping, I’m wondering if the touch of bitterness is actually from the lemon/lime flavouring? Lemon/lime peel kind of have that same flavour, so that could be it. Hard to tell; I haven’t ever had kukicha before to know if it oversteeps quickly or not. I feel like this would be fabulous cold, but don’t think I want to try it like that, since flavours get muted and there’s no re-steeping.

Another thought just occurred to me – this reminds me of DavidsTea’s Lime Gelato. I should brew some up to compare; it would be nice to have a substitute!

ETA: Second infusion is mellower and creamy (3 min, 175F). Quite enjoyable.

I wanted something citrusy and sweet tonight while watching Wizard of Oz on TV. This fit the bill! I found my sample and brewed it up. This is absolutely delicious! The scent is like lemon pledge mixed with sweet, almost-burnt sugar. The beginning of the sip is a bit tart… more of a lime tartness to it and then it leaves me with an astringency in my mouth. This THEN evolves into the lemon-lime meringue pie! So delicious! The aftertaste is fantastic. The sweetness lingers and this tastes exactly like the pie! The tartness and sweetness mixed with creaminess that the kukicha imparts. This is great! The crust is in there as well, and this is all in the aftertaste as well. As I continue to drink this awesome beverage, I have this continual dessert in my mouth. Great tea! Genius! It doesn’t need any sugar either. Though, I’m rather curious as to what it would taste like with sugar.

Lemon-Lime Meringue Kukicha is a VIT (Very Important Tea) indeed! The aroma is intoxicating and the liquor is tangy, sweet, and creamy all at once. This tea is very refreshing and satisfying with a bit of agave as a dessert tea. Yum!

I have to run but I wanted to check in with my Steepster friends. I hope you’re all well :))

SimplyJenW

Glad you checked in! I have been wondering about you!

DaisyChubb

Wow you got your VIT so quickly :D
Good to see you Jenn :)

Jenn

SimplyJenW & DaisyChubb, you guys make me smile! I’m going through a crazy time, but I’m just beginning to see that light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you for not forgetting about me ☺

Thanks to KittyLovesTea for yet another awesome sample :)

I can smell the lemon lime as it steeps away. Yum!

I’m loving it. More and more green teas are growing on me. This one is pretty delicious. A perfect balance of lemon, lime, and meringue.

jessiwrites

I was just looking at this one today! Sounds delightful.

Courtney

I was running out the door to class with it in my travel mug so not much of a review but it was pretty yummy :)

Another tea from my sampler from iHeartTeas.

The loose tea doesn’t have much of a fragrance other than a gentle citrus breeze. Once brewed this tea is yellow in colour with the same gentle citrus fragrance.

This reminds me very much of warm lime/lemon cordial that I had warm as a child when I was ill. It’s got the zesty and slight waxy citrus blend that is not lip puckeringly sour but for a brief second very close to it. Despite that one second of sourness it’s a mellow blend that’s very easy to drink and enjoy. As for the meringue there might be a slight toasty charm lingering in the depth of the blend.

Overall I like this very much, it’s something that really grows on you as you drink it. It remains consistent throughout the cup in terms of strength and flavour.

I was so glad I got this tea. My order kept crashing when I bought it and Frank was so helpful in making sure it got through.

I was able to get three steeps out of this. Generally I prepare a pot so I used two teaspoons to approximately 16 oz. of water. I haven’t gotten to using a thermometer yet, so what I do on a first steep of green or white is just allow my water to boil, open the water kettle and let it cool down for seven minutes, then pour the water and steep for 1:30 minutes. The first steep was a wonderful blend of lemon, lime, and meringue. The green tea was a really nice base for this. No sugar needed. I noticed as it cooled down the flavors sweetened a little more, this would make a fabulous iced tea. The second brew was (water boil, open kettle for five minutes) steeped for 2:15, still wonderful but not as creamy. The third brew (water boil) steeped for 3 minutes, still had some citrus notes with the green tea. I probably could have gone for a fourth steep, but didn’t.

Just in case my full review doesn’t show up, here is a screenshot! (http://i55.tinypic.com/egtzkp.png)

My first review on here, for my favorite tea ever! I have a massive collection of over 100 loose leaf teas, and I have NEVER had something so wonderful. I’m in love. I need to order another pack stat! Frank, you really are so wonderful. t think that was possible! :)