Maple Cheesecake Ti Kwan Yin

Oolong Tea
Butter, Maple, Orchid, Smooth, Tangy, Floral, Green
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “Over the holidays, I went to Connecticut to spend Christmas with my boyfriend and his family. I didn’t take any of my tea, and I haven’t had many cups since my return. Work is dead. There’s no...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 509 tasting notes
  • “Yay! I am finally getting around to trying this one. And it is so good. The Ti Kwan Yin is toasty and creamy and compliments the flavors of Maple and Cheesecake very well. The Oolong is the...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4323 tasting notes
  • “I am a big maple freak and I love this tea. When I opened the bag it smelled like those maple leaf shaped cookies. I was worried it was going to be too much. But, it's awesome. Once brewed the...” Read full tasting note
    kristinthomas 302 tasting notes
  • “I am on a big oolong kick and this tea is lovely, it did not disappoint me at all. This is a highly fragrant tea - my nose went into the bag and I was all smiles. Picked up lots of maple and a bit...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2309 tasting notes

From 52teas

Here’s another extremely limited edition bonus blend. We have enough for exactly 24 1.5oz. pouches of this incredible blend, and when it’s gone, it’s GONE.

We started with a competition grade Ti Kwan Yin oolong for this blend and infused it with the flavors of sweet maple and tangy cheesecake. This is not going to last long, so get yours before it sells out.

About 52teas View company

My first oolong! I put to teaspoons into my French press, and added the hot water and instantly the little balled up tea leaves exploded and expanded and filled all 8 oz of water with leaves. My first time experiencing tea expand so much and it was endlessly amusing (I really am easily entertained, wow).
So I took a break from studying for my last final to make brunch. 2 eggs sunny side up with a drizzle of maple syrup in a pita pocket (don’t knock it till you try it), and I just knew I had to pair it with this. First thing I noticed when I opened it open was the intoxicating smell. Wow, I can smell it all day! Sweet maple, a hint of tangy ness and an almost caramelly smell. So so good. Bath and body works needs to recreate this smell so I can plug it in my kitchen wall flower (my pumpkin waffle one is almost empty).
Waiting the couple minutes for it to brew felt like forever. Finally, it was ready to drink. The maple isn’t as strong as it smells, it’s still there, but it isn’t overpowering. I’m actually glad of that because it allows me to taste the oolong. The second steeping, the maple had mellowed out some more and I think I even tasted a little tangy cream cheeseness, though that might be because I was looking for it. After a few sips, I did drizzle a little maple syrup in to sweeten. This heightened the maple flavor, but masked the tea flavor. A very interesting and satisfying blend, I now know I need to pick up the French Toast blend while it’s still back in stock. Maybe I can even get my boyfriend to try it

2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea smells like a lighter pancake breakfast with an oolong base. Pancake breakfast is one of my favorites, so I’m pretty excited to see what this tastes like! I also smell some cheesecake that’s hidden itself away behind everything else. I’ve found that the cheesecake tends to be in the back in most of the cheesecake blends I’ve had, so no surprise there!

Sipping… I taste a light maple note followed by the oolong and ending with a light cheesecake. It’s frustrating because this tea has so much potential.. oolong + maple + cheesecake = something delicious, but it’s so light that it’s really like a whisper of what it should be. The oolong is smooth and blends well with the other flavors. The maple is sweet and lacks that starchy character that the Pancake Breakfast blend has. The cheesecake note is very light and only contributes to that tangy bit.

I feel bad giving this blend a lower rating because it’s yummy, but the everything is so light and muted that it’s not really worth drinking. I’d like to reach for something stronger & more full of flavor instead.