Maple Cheesecake Ti Kwan Yin

Oolong Tea
Calendula Petals, Natural Flavours, Oolong Tea
Maple Syrup, Vegetal, Maple, Butter, Cream, Flowers, Orchid, Smooth, Tangy, Floral, Green
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

2 Images

• “Over the holidays, I went to Connecticut to spend Christmas with my boyfriend and his family. I didn’t take any of my tea, and I haven’t had many cups since my return. Work is dead. There’s no...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 631 tasting notes
  • “Yay! I am finally getting around to trying this one. And it is so good. The Ti Kwan Yin is toasty and creamy and compliments the flavors of Maple and Cheesecake very well. The Oolong is the...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4837 tasting notes
  • “I am a big maple freak and I love this tea. When I opened the bag it smelled like those maple leaf shaped cookies. I was worried it was going to be too much. But, it’s awesome. Once...” Read full tasting note
    kristinthomas 302 tasting notes
  • “I am on a big oolong kick and this tea is lovely, it did not disappoint me at all. This is a highly fragrant tea – my nose went into the bag and I was all smiles. Picked up lots of maple and...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2816 tasting notes

From 52teas

Here’s another extremely limited edition bonus blend. We have enough for exactly 24 1.5oz. pouches of this incredible blend, and when it’s gone, it’s GONE.

We started with a competition grade Ti Kwan Yin oolong for this blend and infused it with the flavors of sweet maple and tangy cheesecake. This is not going to last long, so get yours before it sells out.

REBOOT VERSION:
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Given the popularity of this blend, we decided not to alter the original recipe, which was Tie Guan Yin Oolong, marigold petals and organic flavors.

We went with an top-notch, organic Tie Guan Yin for this blend! Enjoy! The Large Size is 1.5 ounce. The Taster Size is 0.5 ounce.

Ingredients: Organic Tie Guan Yin, organic marigold petals and all-natural, organic flavors.

About 52teas View company

I got this sample at the meet at Sil’s, and it came via the ever-lovely and extremely likeable indigobloom. Thank you, my dear!

I had enough for a large cup, and was pretty excited, as the scent of the dry leaf is unadulterated maple. After it’s brewed, in my case for three minutes, you can definitely still smell the maple, but also smell the oolong base underneath. No cheesecake, but that’s fine by me. Taste-wise, it’s exactly as the scent profile would suggest—a lot of maple and an oolong base, and I’m starting to realize that I don’t think I really like the maple-oolong combination. I also didn’t really manage to get into Stacey’s maple oolong, which was likewise sad because it also smelled divine. it’s honestly ok though, as I really really loved the lemon bar oolong, and am glad that I’m not lusting after everything uncontrollably, which I’m prone to do.

I had a great night tonight. Mr. Keychange and I spent the evening with a friend, and Mr. keychange got to play on her new piano and we drank wine and sang songs and talked for hours. I love nights like that. You all collectively realize that you should do things like this more often. Just reminds you that there’s so much more to life than the stuff that gets you down.

Goodnight, all of you!

0 OZ / 0 ML
Fjellrev

That sounds like a lot of fun!

keychange

It sure was! :)

Sipdown! This review is for the new 52teas 2015 reblend, courtesy of Indigobloom (thanks!!)

Was very excited to brew this up, especially after OMGsrsly’s review… and it does not disappoint. Sweet and mapley, wonderful oolong (excellent choice on the base). No cheesecake to speak of, but I do not particularly care. This is one step away from my perfect banana oolong. Just needs… banana… haha.

I think/hope/should check that I have some of this en route… if not, I need some. Now.

i finished this one and now i’m sad. But i needed it today – super migraine courtesy of that time of the month while working from home = need some good tea. while i have no issues with 52 teas, through no fault of their own, the dollar has tanked and shipping sucks, so this is one of the few teas i can see myself reordering someday if things work out. Most of the other teas are good, but not worthy enough of dealing with shitty currency exchanges :( maybe this year i could win the lottery. anyway…this tea – sublime. I adore the maple cheesecake oolongyness of this tea. Even the second steeps, is still pretty tasty. win!

Evol Ving Ness

Today the dollar was 69 cents. A very sad day for our cross-border tea lustings.

we haven’t crossed the 70 cent mark yet – not sure where you saw 69 cents. lowest it’s been in the month is 71 cents

BOC…er bank of canada has said the following: we would look for the Canadian dollar to only bottom out in late spring at around the 70 cent level, before making a mild recovery to around 73 cents by late-2016. And, that’s assuming oil prices steady and edge higher in the second half of next year.

Evol Ving Ness

I was about to go through a purchase in US funds on paypal and that is the exchange rate that was being given today on card purchases.

Evol Ving Ness

I did not end up making that purchase.

aaaah paypal – that makes sense, their rates are typically not in our favor.

on the upside, more incentive NOT to buy tea? :)

Or teaware.

Evol Ving Ness

No.more. tea.shopping. This month has already been outrageous.

tigress_al

:(. So sad and not cool

OMGsrsly

You can be on the not-buying-tea-savings-plan as well then, Evol. :) It was indeed terrible through Paypal. :/

Evol Ving Ness

I am on the not-buying-tea-savings-plan, with the exception of my subscriptions. I predict that my savings will finance a trip to allow the Canadian dollar to suffer pitted against the Euro.

Evol Ving Ness

Oh wait—that sounds like a tea-buying trip.

OMGsrsly

I think what I’ll do, instead of pressing that “buy” button on the carts, is transfer the money into savings and see what kind of trouble I can get myself into. :D

OMGsrsly

Lol. But it’ll be a fancy tea buying trip. And imagine what you’ll be able to eat and drink while you’re there. :D

mmm like my trip to paris…. so nice

Evol Ving Ness

We have just managed to turn the weak Canadian dollar and the poor and sad state of cross-border tea shopping into a bright and happy story. Hurray!

Oh dear.

OH DEAR.

I may have just placed a huge group order for the new 52Teas, after trying them at the tea meetup at Sil ’s house! (It was so great to meet you all! Christina at the zoo (hehe!), keychange, Kittenna, IndigoBloom! Of course I already knew Sil and Cavocorax, and it was great seeing you too!)

I took a sample of this one, and ordered it without trying because, duh, it’s maple and cheesecake and tieguanyin. Even if I didn’t love it, it smells so amazing I’d be happy to spend the $4 on a sample pack and sit there sniffing it.

But the tea delivers. It’s really quite delicious. Steeped at 175F for 3 minutes, just because. The leaves mostly unravelled and the tea is gentle and buttery with a huge kick of maple flavour. I think it’d be fantastic with a little maple syrup or sugar added, and even with milk.

So I’m sitting here at home, drinking a friends tea out of my new Niagara starbucks mug, wishing that I didn’t have to go back to work tomorrow. That I had more time to explore Toronto. That none of us got sick.

Thanks so much for having me over, Sil!

1.5 tsp in 12 oz.

Flavors: Maple

was nice having you here :) was great you got to meet a few more of the gang as well!

Indigobloom

It was SO much fun having the group of us together. Even though some key tea peeps were missing! and that I got to meet some of ya for the first time! :)
wish I knew why this tea was kinda odd for me. Not terrible but really not great either!

OMGsrsly

It’s totally fake maple and butter. :) I can see how it wouldn’t work for people but I love it. So good. It was great meeting you as well! Thanks so much for sharing.

Indigobloom

yeah I think that might be it. Growing up we had a friend who always gave us real maple syrup from the farm so I may be a bit biased haha. Sharing tea is awesome. One day I will get back into swaps!

Erm, I was trying to save enough of my sample for both OMGsrsly and Sil, but the flavouring kept “confusing” me.. shifting from maple to butter, then cream to floral oolong leaf, so delicious..

If I’m being completely honest, there wasn’t much in the sample packet to begin with. There’s about a serving left, but the temptation to taste test the rest is strong. Drinking more would clearly be for the benefit of the tea community.

This tea hit me at all my weak spots.

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Flowers, Maple Syrup

This is the 52Teas rebo.ot blend

The dry tea smells like sweet maple syrup. And so does the steeped tea. Mmmmm….

Made this batch without milk and sugar, and I steeped them in a Zervo tea infuser (hadn’t use it in awhile because the last time… I left my tea leaves in there way too long)

On the first sip, I get flowers touched with maple syrup. Mmmmm…. I’m not getting any cheesecake, but the flowers and maple go really nicely together.

I generally don’t seem to be able to get the cheesecake from these tea flavors very often, which is to bad, but I’m not really missing it here. I usually figure I might try it with some milk and sugar to see if that brings it out more, but I don’t really want to here. I feel like that would muddle the TieGuanYin flavor a little too much.

Second steeping: 180 degrees, about 3 minutes.

This one is a little more bitter, a little stronger on the flowers. The maple is a little more subtle this steep. It gets a little lost in the flowers. Still nice, but I think I enjoyed the first steep a little more.

Flavors: Flowers, Maple Syrup

Okay, how do I write this review?
I’d rather just preform an interpretive dance…

So here’s the thing. This is a great maple oolong, but as far as cheesecake goes it must be a diet cheesecake because it’s not there!
I’m really liking the mapleness that takes over like syrup does on a pancake. Smother that oolong you delicious sweet stuff that makes my tongue happy.

P.S. I’m in a great mood which means I’m OUT THERE
(to go over 90 I would need a cheesecake taste in it or a renaming of the tea :P)

Roswell Strange

I’m curious if this one holds up to true, Canadian maple syrup. It doesn’t surprise me the cheesecake is lacking; I’m kind of at a point where I don’t understand why companies attempt it – it always seems to miss the mark.

CHAroma

Red Leaf Tea’s Cheesecake Matcha actually does taste like cheesecake!

Our reblend of the Maple Cheesecake is finally ready to be tasted and packaged! Yay! I’ve been looking forward to this all week.

Mmm! So good! Rich and maple-y! I adjusted the recipe just a bit to increase the maple just a bit because … maple. (Hopefully that requires no additional explanation.)

I went back to recheck my notes on the first batch of Maple Cheesecake Ti Kwan Yin and I think that this batch is very similar to my experience back then: a sweet, full-flavored Oolong base with nutty notes that complement the tangy cheesecake flavor and a really lovely maple-y flavor. I really am happy with this one!

It was pretty much a requirement for me as a Canadian to give this tea a try – actually Frank didn’t have to twist my arm that much – I love his cheesecake-flavoured blends. Ti Kwan Yin was a good choice for the base because the tea’s natural sweetness really brings out the maple flavours and its smoothness compliments the creamy cheesecake flavours. This tea is well-worth the few dollars extra it cost as a ‘V.I.T.’.

2056 tasting notes

Thank you KimQuat for the sale! I always wanted to try this one. The maple or cheesecake flavors aren’t very noticeable but the oolong itself is delicious. I’d say the ‘maple’ just adds a bit of sweetness. Very tasty but it could definitely use more maple cheesecake flavor. I’d love to see more dessert oolongs though… not too many of those! I’m pretty sure this is the first oolong blend I’ve tried from 52Teas, though I do have some Picnic in the Park patiently waiting…
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 tsp. // 10 min after boiling // 2 min