Maple Cheesecake Ti Kwan Yin

Oolong Tea
Calendula Petals, Natural Flavours, Oolong Tea
Maple, Butter, Cream, Flowers, Maple Syrup, Orchid, Smooth, Tangy, Floral, Green
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

2 Images

• “Over the holidays, I went to Connecticut to spend Christmas with my boyfriend and his family. I didn’t take any of my tea, and I haven’t had many cups since my return. Work is dead. There’s no...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 611 tasting notes
  • “Yay! I am finally getting around to trying this one. And it is so good. The Ti Kwan Yin is toasty and creamy and compliments the flavors of Maple and Cheesecake very well. The Oolong is the...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4833 tasting notes
  • “I am a big maple freak and I love this tea. When I opened the bag it smelled like those maple leaf shaped cookies. I was worried it was going to be too much. But, it’s awesome. Once...” Read full tasting note
    kristinthomas 302 tasting notes
  • “I am on a big oolong kick and this tea is lovely, it did not disappoint me at all. This is a highly fragrant tea – my nose went into the bag and I was all smiles. Picked up lots of maple and...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2792 tasting notes

From 52teas

Here’s another extremely limited edition bonus blend. We have enough for exactly 24 1.5oz. pouches of this incredible blend, and when it’s gone, it’s GONE.

We started with a competition grade Ti Kwan Yin oolong for this blend and infused it with the flavors of sweet maple and tangy cheesecake. This is not going to last long, so get yours before it sells out.

Given the popularity of this blend, we decided not to alter the original recipe, which was Tie Guan Yin Oolong, marigold petals and organic flavors.

We went with an top-notch, organic Tie Guan Yin for this blend! Enjoy! The Large Size is 1.5 ounce. The Taster Size is 0.5 ounce.

Ingredients: Organic Tie Guan Yin, organic marigold petals and all-natural, organic flavors.

About 52teas View company

At, you will find unique, hand-blended artisan loose leaf teas: a new limited edition creation every week of the year. We pride ourselves on offering truly unique, one-of-a-kind tea blends that you won’t find anywhere else.

1962 tasting notes

Oh dear.

I may have just placed a huge group order for the new 52Teas, after trying them at the tea meetup at Sil ’s house! (It was so great to meet you all! Christina at the zoo (hehe!), keychange, Kittenna, IndigoBloom! Of course I already knew Sil and Cavocorax, and it was great seeing you too!)

I took a sample of this one, and ordered it without trying because, duh, it’s maple and cheesecake and tieguanyin. Even if I didn’t love it, it smells so amazing I’d be happy to spend the $4 on a sample pack and sit there sniffing it.

But the tea delivers. It’s really quite delicious. Steeped at 175F for 3 minutes, just because. The leaves mostly unravelled and the tea is gentle and buttery with a huge kick of maple flavour. I think it’d be fantastic with a little maple syrup or sugar added, and even with milk.

So I’m sitting here at home, drinking a friends tea out of my new Niagara starbucks mug, wishing that I didn’t have to go back to work tomorrow. That I had more time to explore Toronto. That none of us got sick.

Thanks so much for having me over, Sil!

1.5 tsp in 12 oz.

Flavors: Maple

was nice having you here :) was great you got to meet a few more of the gang as well!

It was SO much fun having the group of us together. Even though some key tea peeps were missing! and that I got to meet some of ya for the first time! :)
wish I knew why this tea was kinda odd for me. Not terrible but really not great either!

It’s totally fake maple and butter. :) I can see how it wouldn’t work for people but I love it. So good. It was great meeting you as well! Thanks so much for sharing.

yeah I think that might be it. Growing up we had a friend who always gave us real maple syrup from the farm so I may be a bit biased haha. Sharing tea is awesome. One day I will get back into swaps!

Erm, I was trying to save enough of my sample for both OMGsrsly and Sil, but the flavouring kept “confusing” me.. shifting from maple to butter, then cream to floral oolong leaf, so delicious..

If I’m being completely honest, there wasn’t much in the sample packet to begin with. There’s about a serving left, but the temptation to taste test the rest is strong. Drinking more would clearly be for the benefit of the tea community.

This tea hit me at all my weak spots.

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Flowers, Maple Syrup

This is the 52Teas rebo.ot blend

The dry tea smells like sweet maple syrup. And so does the steeped tea. Mmmmm….

Made this batch without milk and sugar, and I steeped them in a Zervo tea infuser (hadn’t use it in awhile because the last time… I left my tea leaves in there way too long)

On the first sip, I get flowers touched with maple syrup. Mmmmm…. I’m not getting any cheesecake, but the flowers and maple go really nicely together.

I generally don’t seem to be able to get the cheesecake from these tea flavors very often, which is to bad, but I’m not really missing it here. I usually figure I might try it with some milk and sugar to see if that brings it out more, but I don’t really want to here. I feel like that would muddle the TieGuanYin flavor a little too much.

Second steeping: 180 degrees, about 3 minutes.

This one is a little more bitter, a little stronger on the flowers. The maple is a little more subtle this steep. It gets a little lost in the flowers. Still nice, but I think I enjoyed the first steep a little more.

Flavors: Flowers, Maple Syrup

Okay, how do I write this review?
I’d rather just preform an interpretive dance…

So here’s the thing. This is a great maple oolong, but as far as cheesecake goes it must be a diet cheesecake because it’s not there!
I’m really liking the mapleness that takes over like syrup does on a pancake. Smother that oolong you delicious sweet stuff that makes my tongue happy.

P.S. I’m in a great mood which means I’m OUT THERE
(to go over 90 I would need a cheesecake taste in it or a renaming of the tea :P)

Roswell Strange

I’m curious if this one holds up to true, Canadian maple syrup. It doesn’t surprise me the cheesecake is lacking; I’m kind of at a point where I don’t understand why companies attempt it – it always seems to miss the mark.

Red Leaf Tea’s Cheesecake Matcha actually does taste like cheesecake!

Our reblend of the Maple Cheesecake is finally ready to be tasted and packaged! Yay! I’ve been looking forward to this all week.

Mmm! So good! Rich and maple-y! I adjusted the recipe just a bit to increase the maple just a bit because … maple. (Hopefully that requires no additional explanation.)

I went back to recheck my notes on the first batch of Maple Cheesecake Ti Kwan Yin and I think that this batch is very similar to my experience back then: a sweet, full-flavored Oolong base with nutty notes that complement the tangy cheesecake flavor and a really lovely maple-y flavor. I really am happy with this one!

It was pretty much a requirement for me as a Canadian to give this tea a try – actually Frank didn’t have to twist my arm that much – I love his cheesecake-flavoured blends. Ti Kwan Yin was a good choice for the base because the tea’s natural sweetness really brings out the maple flavours and its smoothness compliments the creamy cheesecake flavours. This tea is well-worth the few dollars extra it cost as a ‘V.I.T.’.

Thank you KimQuat for the sale! I always wanted to try this one. The maple or cheesecake flavors aren’t very noticeable but the oolong itself is delicious. I’d say the ‘maple’ just adds a bit of sweetness. Very tasty but it could definitely use more maple cheesecake flavor. I’d love to see more dessert oolongs though… not too many of those! I’m pretty sure this is the first oolong blend I’ve tried from 52Teas, though I do have some Picnic in the Park patiently waiting…
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 tsp. // 10 min after boiling // 2 min
Steep #2 // few min after boiling // 3 min

I’ve wanted to try this tea ever since I first learned of it! Thanks to hapatite for the sample.

It smelled very maple-y and slightly alcoholic in the bag. SO. MUCH. MAPLE! That weird alcohol smell had me worried about brewing, but I went for it anyway. It tastes much milder than I expected it to. The TGY base is floral, buttery, and very “green” like fresh young plants. The maple is the next dominant flavor and it’s accurate. Probably my favorite part of this tea. I don’t taste any cheesecake, though. There’s a slight tangy flavor that I can’t identify. It’s like cream cheese, but it’s certainly not cheesecake. This tea isn’t vanilla enough or creamy enough to remind me of cheesecake, or even dessert. Darn. It does make a lovely maple TGY though!

Sadly I don’t drink oolong very often, and definitely not greener, lighter oolongs like this TGY. Into the swap box it goes.

Flavors: Butter, Floral, Green, Maple, Tangy

I’ve only tried one other 52teas tea than this and I hated it. Ever since I’ve been a bit skeptical of 52teas. But Mandy sent me this in a swap last week, so I had to give them another shot.
I’m so glad I did!
This tea smelled phenomenal! Maple Cheesecake. They got the smell straight on!
The first few sips of this tea tasted a bit bitter, and I thought I was going to have to add sugar (which I hate doing for teas because I always screw it up somehow).
But as I kept drinking the bitterness went away and it started tasting exactly how it smelled. 0_0 A great dessert tea!
So glad I gave 52teas another chance! Was a win! :D
Thanks, Mandy!

Glad you liked it! No adding sweetener to your teas? I don’t know how you do it! I always add sweetener, makes me feel guilty since most people on here don’t. But I feel like it enhances the flavors.

I always end up adding too much XD I hate ruining a good cup of tea. I would rather deal with bitter tea than just a cup of sugar water. xD

Cameron B.

Mandy, I almost always add sugar to my dessert teas. Straight teas, not so much.

Yeah, I’m learning that straight teas that I like, I don’t want to sweeten. Straight teas that are ok, I still sweeten because I’ve got a crazy sweet tooth and sweetened tea is the only thing that keeps me from eating ice cream for dinner!

There’s no need to feel guilty! You should drink your teas however you enjoy them. That’s the whole point :-)

Is it really that no one has been active on Steepster for the last 13 hrs? I think something’s not updating!

Guh. This tea is soo good. It’s really pretty true to it’s description the first brew. I’m using it grandpa style in a glass bottle. It’s even after a few steeps it’s yummy. The flavors aren’t as hard hitting and distinct anymore, but it’s still yum.

I wonder what the drinking version of Nomnomnom is. =D

I went to Lupicia today. Let’s see when I’ll be able to put up notes.

Steepster is so broken this week. I gotta stop checking!

Nom nom nom. Sounds delicious.

Haha, made that comment before reading your wondering about the drinking version of nom nom nom is… Google search! Suggested alternatives:

• glug glug glug
  • slurp slurp slurp
  • gulp gulp gulp
  • bloop bloop bloop (fish sounds, supposedly)
  • glop glop glop