Strawberry Pancake Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “So today was another disgustingly hot day (although not as hot in Guelph as Toronto, lucky me!), and the brief time I spent outside spurred me to attempt seven.... yes, *seven* cold-brewing...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2244 tasting notes
  • “When I was little, my grandparents used to always take my brother and I to IHOP. My grandpa would get pancakes with strawberries, and would always convince me to look somewhere else then put one on...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1196 tasting notes
  • “Finishing off the last that I have of this tea. It is yummy... perhaps more today than my previous cups! I don't know if that is because I used a little more leaf, or what... but I can taste all...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes
  • “So after my last tea-mare, I really needed something light and refreshing. Well, this certainly did the trick!! Thank you so much to *Kristaleyn* for the sample! I really like this one. It's so...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1297 tasting notes

From 52teas

What’s better than our Pancake Breakfast black tea? Maybe this Strawberry Pancake green tea with our sweet, buttery Chinese sencha and freeze-dried strawberries. With just a touch of maple syrup flavor (without the calories of actual maple syrup!) this is a tea you can really sink your teeth into.

Our Tea of the Week for the Week of October 24, 2011

Flavor: sweet strawberry, vegetal
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: bread, astringent
Liquor: translucent yellow-green

Delicious sweet green tea, slightly gritty mouthfeel. The pancake seems to be in the end / after the sip with the sweet strawberry upfront, and a strong vegetal flavor in the middle.

Rating: 3/4 leaves

Blog: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2011/12/52teas-loose-leaf-green-tea-strawberry.html

Thanks to momo for this one!

Really enjoyed this tea as I’m a fiend for strawberries. The strawberry taste was the most bold with a hint of maple syrup coming up the rear. I added some agave to this one and it brought out the flavours more. Can’t wait to fiddle around with this one more. I really want to try adding maple syrup to it to bring out the pancake flavour.

JustJames

i am concluding that i will be trying 52teas….. but not until the middle of july! lol.

Cavocorax

JustJames – they have some really great blends, but you’ll be spending about $11-12 for 2oz with the extra in shipping. That can get a little expensive, but some of the blends make it worthwhile! Sometimes it’s just better to swap for samples. :)

I think this is the last tea I haven’t written a tasting note for that Momo sent me a loonngg time ago. thanks! I went for a 40 second steep with this one. I know sencha is buttery, so there is your buttery pancake flavor already (if 52Teas wants to cheat!) This is a very nice sencha, and that makes it worth while on its own. I could taste a bit of strawberry flavor. It reminds me of the strawberries they put on pancakes in restaurants — goopy rather than crisp and covered in a sugary sauce (well.. like the picture for the tea I guess). Otherwise, this isn’t too special. Maybe it has just been mingling with my other 52Teas samples for too long. I just wanted a sencha anyway.

I got a sample of this from Charoma—also, backlogging from yesterday morning, since I was too lazy to write. I enjoyed this tea, the smell of it especially, as with all 52teas. The strawberry taste is rather lost to me on the drink, but it did seem to be a decent green tea base. I’m glad I had the opportunity to try something new!

My first “green” from 52teas and it hits high marks. It’s exactly what the description says. I really enjoy tasting all flavors here..the green tea, the clean strawberry flavor..and right at the end I taste some maple.
Nothing overpowers you here-you know you are drinking a green tea. I’ve had similar teas that included Sencha and strawberries, but this is an extra special treat.

It has a really strong strawberry smell before and after steeping. I’m content just holding it up to my nose and smelling it in. The taste was sweet and light and it didn’t have a bitter taste to it at all. Definitely one I want to keep stocked in my cabinet