Lime Jello Salad Green Tea

Green Tea
Marshmallow, Pineapple
Edit tea info Last updated by Southern Boy Teas

From 52teas

This is for the under-appreciated hero of the Thanksgiving dinner: Every year, it sits there quivering, unassuming, bright and cheerful and fruity… and mostly neglected for the likes of turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes.

It’s not your fault, Lime Jello Salad, that your deliciousness is overlooked on such an occasion. Don’t look at me with those pouty marshmallows, condemning me for my turkey lust. Here, I will make a tea inspired by you, and maybe then I will get to enjoy some of your delicious flavors—AFTER I have some turkey!

My wife makes a lime jello salad with lime jello, pineapple, and marshmallow every Thanksgiving. I’m pretty sure I still haven’t tasted it, but it sounded like a great group of flavors to combine with our awesome Chinese sencha green tea. Enjoy! And happy Thanksgiving!

About 52teas View company

At, you will find unique, hand-blended artisan loose leaf teas: a new limited edition creation every week of the year. We pride ourselves on offering truly unique, one-of-a-kind tea blends that you won’t find anywhere else.

Lime? Yep. Jello? Yep. Creamy? Yes!
Not quite as tart as I’d hoped but very satisfying :)
One day I’ll make it iced. I’m undecided on a rating as yet but I’m leaning towards high.
Also seriously crashing from my days away at camp.

On another note I kinda wish these notes were separated into before 52teas was sold and after. I never tried the original so I’m not sure how it compares, and it can be a pain trying to find the “new” notes since I haven’t been around for awhile to see them as they pass through my feed. I wonder if I’m the only one that feels that way…

Nope. I feel that way too. I just drank some old 52Teas Birthday Cake Blend and was thinking the exact same thing.

Oh phew I’m in good company then :)
I bet its been mentioned before. Wonder what Ann says.

I agree!

Right?! would it be so hard to figure out how to make them show in order of posting…

This is the reblend from the 52 Tea kickstarter, made by Liberteas (Anne)! I never had a chance to drink the original, but I always wanted to as this blend just sounds wild enough for my liking.

This tea indeed works – it’s fruity citrus. There’s some pineapple and lime flavor, with a grassy lime finish. The sencha is smooth, probably from the marshmallow root. This tea is really good iced as well. A super fun tea!

Full review on Oolong Owl

Omg OolongOwl…subtitle the blog “going where no tea drinker has ever gone before.”

Reblend: I just brewed up a cup of this. I had to test the batch!

It’s quite yummy (if I do say so myself). The marshmallow and pineapple notes are prominent throughout the sip and the lime pops toward the finish and lingers in the aftertaste. As the tea continues to cool, the lime becomes stronger and I start to pick up on barely there hints of maraschino cherry.

I don’t know if it tastes as good as I remember that very first batch tasting way back when it first was released. But it’s really, really good. I’m quite happy with it.

I’m on the fence with this tea, it smells like floor cleaner yuck.However brewed it has a light lime flavor. I’m going to try this as an iced tea in which I think it’ll work much better.

The scent of the tea leaves is exactly what the name implies… Very sweet lime and pineapple, and quite impressive! I had high hopes. However, the brewed scent worried me a bit… It smelled almost like Lime Perrier… that very fizzy, almost salty, unsweetened carbonated water. So its really a toss-up of which way this tea will go!

Sadly, it went the Perrier route, and a tea that tastes carbonated with no bubbles is just strange. I might have to tea swap this.