Mango Papaya Bai Mu Dan

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Southern Boy Teas

From 52teas

Here’s a little tropical escape from the winter doldrums: our amazing bai mu dan white tea blended with freeze-dried mango, dried papaya and natural flavors. A little pick-me-up and reminder of warmer times. Enjoy!

Our Tea of the Week for the week of January 23, 2012

About 52teas View company

At, you will find unique, hand-blended artisan loose leaf teas: a new limited edition creation every week of the year. We pride ourselves on offering truly unique, one-of-a-kind tea blends that you won’t find anywhere else.

I took this to work today and made iced tea with it, I like it this way. Very refreshing for my afternoon beverage. See previous notes for more info.

Scott B

I’d love to see a Mango-Chili tea.

Scott B

Yeah, but I think I’m through with artificial flavoring in my tea after Davids Cranberry Pear. Like the name, though.

I think that’s why I tend not to drink too many flavored teas-artificial tasting. :-//

Regarding flavored teas, I find that some are better than others but I find myself drinking more plain tea lately.

ScottB- Have you tried the chili spiced dried mangoes at Trader Joes?

Scott B

SimplyJen-Sadly not. No Trader Joe’s anywhere around here. They sound delicious, though.

Many thanks to Amanda for this sample. Sorry it took me so long to review it. I lost it….lol….oops!

Anyway, I love white tea, so I was looking forward to the cold brewing of this tea. Mango is a stellar fruit, so this must be good.

It is pretty lightly flavoured but it is tasty and natural tasting. I don’t think I even knew that 52teas existed when this tea was available! If I knew about it, I probably would have ordered it!

It makes an awesome tropical smoothie FYI!

This sounds great!

I’m not feeling very poetic today, so this will be a short, straightforward review.

Hmm, I’m not sure I like papaya. No way to know until I tried it though! The Bai Mu Dan is quiet and lingers in the background. The mango is fairly quiet as well, overshadowed by the papaya. I’ve never wanted to add sweetener to a white tea before, but that changed with this cup. Then again, I don’t want to ruin a good thing. Thanks to Kittenna for the sample!

On a happy note, I’m in the 6th week of P90X and I can actually do real push-ups now!!! I couldn’t even begin to bend my arms before I started the program. But now I can go really low and still push myself back up!! And I can do more than one!!! EEEEEEHH!!!

I hate papaya! I didn’t know until I picked up some one day on sale and ick… I’m glad you like the tea though :)

Yeah, it’s not terrible. Probably wouldn’t go buy one from the supermarket though. :)

Congrats on the push ups! I remember when I graduated to real push ups! Yoga really helps! I’ve since lost my arm muscles but gained some leg ones. Gotta work on a balance. ;)

I’d take leg muscles over arm muscles any day. Still, it is fun to see a measurable improvement. I’ve gotten a lot better at yoga too! One day I just woke up and could do the vinyasas without flaring my elbows out to the sides!

Yay!!! Congrats!!! Working out and seeing how your body becomes stronger is such a great joy! I love to see what cool things I can get my body to do!

Full pushups still elude me, sigh! One day…

I like this one. The flavors are sweet and a little tart, and the Bai Mu Dan gives it a nutty, fresh and even a creamy flavor. I am drinking it hot, but, I’m betting this is awesome iced, so I will probably save some of this for when the weather gets warmer (we had snow earlier this week, so right now, iced tea just doesn’t sound too appealing).

I stepped away from my cup for a while, and now that I’ve returned to it, it is cold … and it tastes amazing cold! This is good hot…but even better when its cold.

It’s fun to encounter that phenomenon, isn’t it? I found that just today with Teavana’s Himalayan Splendor: it was good, but possibly even better at room temp. I think that’s a hallmark of a good tea.

Ooh, I think I like this better hot.

I started writing this 90 minutes ago and ended up on the phone for an hour with my mom so I have no idea what else I was going to say.

I like this better because I think the white tea gets to shine through more, I get a bit of a nutty taste in with the fruits.

So I think next time, I will take the best of both worlds and make some hot and let it cool down for iced tea and see how that goes.

Another sample from LiberTEAS!

Quick note because I should really get to sleep…

The brewed tea smells just slightly fruity, although I’ve let it cool so perhaps it was stronger before.

Definitely not missing out on tasting the white tea here! I’m not tasting as much fruit as I would have liked though. There’s some astringency, but I can handle it with a white tea.

Probably not going to be my favourite fruit/white blend, but nice to try just the same. I’ll hold off rating until I try it again warm.

The dry leaves smell so fruity and delicious! Mango and papaya made this an easy one to pick out of my sample pack (thanks again Anne from Liberteas – still working through the samples!).

This tea seems very light to me, but in a good way. I really love the fruity aspect. It’s not too overpowering. This is a good one to curl up on the couch with a nice book after a long day. This confims my need to subscribe to 52 teas – subscribing now actually.

Made this one iced today and it is pretty tasty. I instantly thought that it tastes like a mango with a velvety creaminess feel to it. Very well done. The mango provides the right amount of sweetness and fruitiness. Just a simple tea.

I know it is an oldie but it is a goody. One of the issues with 52Teas is that once a flavor is gone, it is gone. I could see myself re-ordering this one. Oh well. I’m sure I could find something similar.

Flavors: Mango

One of the things that Amethyst and I have discussed at length is that once we get 52Teas going and we feel pretty comfortable with it, we might have a ‘side’ brand called “D’s Teas” that would carry our most popular brands and keep those in stock on a regular basis.

Awesome! That would be fantastic!

We of course couldn’t do that with every tea because that would be insanity. But, we’re thinking maybe the best sellers and the most requested teas – around 10 teas.