Citrus PILEDRIVER

Guayusa Herbal Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “This is all brand new to me, and I couldn't resist not giving it a shot because of the name alone. I've never had yerba mate before. Or guayusa. So this is all entirely new but today I really...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *momo* for this one (yes, I have a trend going, haha). This is another tea where I was curious enough to want to try it, but suspected I wouldn't enjoy it, so really didn't want an...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “As this was a blend for my b-day week, I had to give it a shot. Frank, please consider adding this one to your permanent collection too! I love this bright-eyed cuppa! Citrus and lemon flavors mix...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “Wow! This is fantastic! It tastes smooth and sweet and yummy, but all the while I can feel it invigorating me! It doesn't taste bitter or astringent, just sweet and citrus-y, but not too tangy...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4221 tasting notes

From 52teas

For those times when you need more kick than citrus PUNCH, here’s Citrus PILEDRIVER. It’s a wake up and take the day by the horns and teach it who’s boss blend of highly caffeinated Ecuadorian Guayusa, green yerba mate, roasted yerba mate, orange peel, lemongrass, lemon verbena, lemon balm, lemon myrtle and natural citrus and other fruit flavors like lemon, orange, pineapple and peach.

The aroma of this tea is an amazing, eye-opening, “GOOD MORNING TO YOU” and that’s before you even take a sip. We don’t want to say it’s going to make you run like Kenyans*, but yeah, it should get your motor going. Get some today and tell me: Am I right, or am I right?

Our Tea of the Week for the Week of March 26, 2012

Aftertaste: dirty grass
Liquor: translucent dark yellow-green

do not want, blah

Rating: 1/4 leaves

Blog: http://amazonv.teatra.de/2013/01/13/52teas-loose-leaf-herbal-tisane-citrus-piledriver/

Been drinking this on night shifts lately, and while it does have an energy kick, I taste little to no citrus. Mostly tastes like green yerba mate to me. Oh well, as long as it keeps me up I’m happy!

This tea is such a lovely surprise. I didn’t expect to like it nearly as much as I do. I am gulping it down hot. I use boiling water with this and have generally been steeping it about 5 minutes, but there is no bitterness or astringency, so I could probably steep it longer. At 5 minutes I’m getting 3-4 steeps with the same leaves. The first 3 steeps taste very similar. The fourth steep has much less citrus flavor, but still tastes good. I use 1 tsp leaves per 1 cup water.

I’m not sure how to describe this. It smells like sweet citrus and tastes like sweet citrus. The base is foresty. It’s not peaty, but more woody or leafy. There is a slight citric sourness to it as you would expect with citrus flavoring. The foresty taste is on the forefront with the main body being sweet citrus. There is little to no aftertaste. Just delicious.

If the guayusa, green yerba mate, and roasted yerba mate don’t get you going, the harmonious mix of orange peel, lemon peel, lemon myrtle, and lemongrass will definitely give you a much needed jolt.

I’d say it’s more of a morning tea, but I had a cup iced this afternoon for an after-lunch pick-me-up. It’s great hot also, but iced, it really shines as a sweet refreshing beverage. It’s good straight, but try it with a touch of agave nectar to boost the flavors.

I’m in a mega citrus mood, particularly orange or lime. It could be a result of the bright sunshine we’ve had for the last few days which have the start of summer written all over them (despite the smog).

I can smell lemongrass once it’s steeped but it’s a little thicker than just lemongrass. Still it’s lemony above all else.

In terms of flavour the lemongrass and lemon verbana are also the strongest citrus in this tea. It’s not very strong which is what I was expecting with a name like piledriver, but I’m thankful that the yerba mate is at minimal flavour. The after taste is pleasant and creamy yet also herbal and with a touch of orange.

It’s nice but just not what I was hoping, not strong enough for my current citrus needs, though this would be very nice to have outside in the sun later in the year.

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 20 OZ / 600 ML
MissLena

I know what you mean by craving citrus from the sun! I am feeling the same right now as it’s finally warm here :)