Custard-Filled Maple Long John Honeybush

Honeybush Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Nik

• “So, to sipdown this tea from *Azzrian* as well, I definitely may have overleafed my cup a bit (2 tsp/8oz.), and it's still pretty tasty. That's four samples successfully knocked out of my stash...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2410 tasting notes
  • “As it is now after midnight, I decided to have something without caffeine. I don't know that the caffeine in tea really affects me all that much with sleeping when I'm tired ... but, I don't like...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4461 tasting notes
  • “Paper writing and exam studying has been suspended until Amanda reforms after melting into a puddle after having only 4 ounces of this tea. When I opened the package, it really truly smelled...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1201 tasting notes
  • “Tasty! Yes...not overly maple or creamy or anything but just tasty. It's sweet - mostly from the Rooibos and a pinch of smoothness but not milky or creamy, per say. I do think I can tasty more...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes

From 52teas

Continuing our tradition of bringing you guilty-pleasure baked goods in tea form, here’s our take on a custard-filled maple long john (one of my personal guilty-pleasures). Sweet, caffeine-free honeybush blended with marigold petals and natural flavors. Sweet, maple-y, bake-y goodness in a guilt-free, caffeine-free and 100% vegan treat!

Our Tea of the Week for the week of April 9, 2012

About 52teas View company

Sipdown!
Received this in a swap a while back. It’s enjoyable. I’m getting the nice baked notes of a pastry and can catch hints of the custard. No maple though. It’s ok though, it’s still pretty good!

This is good. I’d forgotten what I’d taken in my thermos today and drank it, I tasted maple and pudding strongly :) easy to guess what tea it was.

I was really pleased to see this one pop back up again since I missed it when it was first blended. I love custard, pastries, maple and honeybush so this blend sounds like a dream!

Sipping… Yet again all I taste is honeybush with a very mild maple flavor and a bit of sweetness. I really don’t know where I am supposed to find the custard or long john.. but they’re definitely not in the cup. It’s not a bad cup of tea, but if I wanted plain honeybush, I’m sure that I could find it for less money.

As much as I love 52Teas blends, I really don’t think I’ll try their honeybush blends anymore since my tastebuds recognize them as plain honeybush. Disappointing.

VariaTEA

I have the same problem and it is always so frustrating because the blends sound so delicious and end up being blah.

Trying to backlog some today….This one I love love love. Maple is so delicious in tea. I love having this one in the evening when I am craving a sweet treat. (I have to say tea has definitely saved me some calories these days) Anyway I love Frank’s honeybush blends and this one is no exception. It is exactly what I have come to expect from him. If you let it cool just a little bit you really get the full maple longjohn flavor. Yum!