Cotton Candy Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “I am having an increadibly tough month. I am one of the co-organizers of Ruta de las Iglesias. It is a 10km race that goes through the colonial down town of Quito. While I love doing it, it is a...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 160 tasting notes
  • “I really do quite like this one cold brewed with a little sweetner. After tonight's giant mugs i have just enough for one more cup of this before it's out of the cupboard. May not get to any...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5400 tasting notes
  • “Oh this is good. I cold steeped it overnight and I couldn't wait for later in the day to try it out. I love the new black tea base, I taste it first and foremost and I really like it. I'll have...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes
  • “12 Days of Tea #1! Also, 1000th tasting note! Wooooooooo!!!!!! Last time I tried this tea as a sample, it was not great. I couldn't really taste the cotton candy. This time however? WOAH!...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2606 tasting notes

From 52teas

This week’s tea of the week is a real gem. I am enjoying a big icy stein of it as I write this. I’m sure it’s good hot too, but as an iced tea, it’s amazing. A friend of the family is over visiting and he insists it’s “like a carnival in your mouth.”

I’m having a hard time trying to come up with words to describe the aroma and flavor, except that it tastes like cotton candy–which is basically spun sugar that has been a bit caramelized in the process.

This week, we are also testing a new black tea base which is a blend of Chinese, Assam, and Darjeeling black teas. I’m quite enjoying the depth of the blend even with the very strong and captivating cotton candy flavor dancing on my tastebuds, there is still a rich and complex black tea base that is definitely present.

This is a tea you’re not going to want to miss out on, particularly if you want an awesome iced tea that’s sure to garner appreciative remarks from whomever you serve it to.
Incidentally, we have more iced tea blends coming in the near future. I’m working out the final packaging details, but I believe we are going to be dividing it up into actual teabags that yield two-quarts of iced tea! Stay tuned for those.

Our Tea of the Week for the week of May 14, 2012

About 52teas View company

Very tasty blend. Sweet and sugary satisfying. I have yet to try it iced. I like it better than pancake breakfast. I feel that this one get bitter really fast with an oversteep.

4/10 in my Halloween Tea Marathon.

The rest of these notes won’t be very long, as Halloween was almost a week ago and I should probably get them out of the way. Plus I’m starting to forget the finer points of what I thought of the teas. I haven’t used my entire sample for any of them, so there will be a longer, more detailed review of them all at some point when I haven’t put as much pressure on myself to get a tonne done at once.

As far as I remember, this tea was pretty much indistinguishable to me from the Candy Corn one I had before it. I’m guessing Frank used the same base tea for both, and since they’re both sort of sugar flavoured, I’m fairly unsurprised. I did wonder before I drank it how he was going to translate the flavour, seeing as how candy floss is usually pretty flavourless. I don’t actually like candyfloss, so I haven’t had it for years, but I don’t think this tea reminded me of it. It was sort of sweet, though.

ETA: This was another sample from the secret pumpkin swap with KittyLovesTea!

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 5 OZ / 150 ML

’Here’s Hoping’ traveling teabox Round #2 // Tea #4

Steep #1 // 10 mins after boiling // 2 min steep
I’ve always wanted to try this one! It does actually smell and taste exactly like cotton candy! As a cotton candy tea, this is definitely accurate, unfortunately, I don’t love the black tea base. Sweet carnival cotton candy – oh how I wish I was at a carnival! I haven’t had cotton candy in ages. That’s what tea is for. :D I guess I should have known 52Teas knows cotton candy, since I’ve had their Booberry cotton candy, which I like more because it’s a different base. I think everyone just starting out with 52Teas should try at least one of each of their base teas, especially a honeybush blend. Personally, if I just tried the black tea (and with any other tea company, I might have), I would have been disappointed.

Two sipdowns in one! I had just a tiny bit of this left, so I dumped in with it a bit of cotton candy white that I had. Brewed them both up and made them into iced tea, because it’s gorgeous outside! It’s sweet and really tasty.

Other random thoughts:

- I am finally watching ep. 2 of Game of Thrones, so that I can not worry about the world spoiling it for me.
- I am looking for secret shoppers in Rochester MN, Houma LA, and Detroit Lakes MN if anyone is near there!
- My daughter picks up her cap and gown today. It is feeling very real :) :( :/

mj

The ending of ep.2…so satisfying!!

donkeytiara

I’m reading the books and leaving the show to my husband….. The differences are crazy!

Like VariaTEA the lovely gal who shared this with me, I’m getting little out of this. I have to wonder if what she’s sent me is a re-blend, and thus why the differentiation in experiences between her and I, and many others. It’s just a slightly astringent black tea, I’m not even getting anything sweet out of it. Boo.

VariaTEA

I think it might have been a reblend but I am not 100% sure. I picked it up in October, I think. I am sorry it wasn’t really anything. I had the same issue.