Butterbeer

Root Beer
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From 52teas

I got my recipe directly from The Three Broomsticks: Premium black teas blended with a bit of essence of rootbeer, a bit of butter vapors, some licorice root, chichory root and a touch of magic. Our Butterbeer tea is the beverage of choice for wizards of all ages, and if you have no idea what I’m referring to, please go on about your muggle life, this blend is for Harry Potter fans only. Well, okay, I guess muggles could enjoy it too. It is truly unique and delicious. A blend worthy of the 52teas brand of creative flavored teas. Enjoy!

Our Tea of the Week for the week of June 18, 2012

About 52teas View company

This was interesting… I’m not sure what I was imagining when I read the Harry Potter books and they’re drinking butterbeer, but this was not it. This was pretty much root beer in tea form. Since I’m not a big root beer fan, this tea didn’t do much for me. It was an experience; I’m glad I tried it. But I’ll probably be passing this tea along.

Huh, I didn’t log this one either. This one I was so excited about but unfortunately I just couldn’t keep it. If I kept the taste of what it should taste like in my mind it did taste like it. It just wasn’t the treat I thought it would be. At the store, there was a butterbeer soda – very sweet, creamy and butterscotchy…. I think I thought it’d taste like that. Like someone said, the rootbeer is strong and not like the normal rootbeer you might normally drink but the real, crafted ones. The bite was too strong on this one so the rest after I tried it hot and cold went out for swaps. I do hate licorice so that may have contributed. Oh well, I had good swaps!

Well, gotta hand it to Frank, this does indeed taste like rootbeer. I can’t differentiate the butter so much because it’s been forever and a day since I’ve had an actual rootbeer but this brings back memories.

I don’t dislike it exactly. I can see myself drinking more of it. If I were constrained by my choices of tea. I’m not sure I like this enough to drink my whole pack up.

On the eleventh day of Christmas, 52 Teas gave to me…Butterbeer!

I used to be a big Harry Potter fan. Not so much in recent years, but enough that I’ve always wanted to try Butterbeer. Now, I’ve got my chance.

The dry leaves smell amazing. Really strongly buttery with a depth to it more like caramel, toffee, or maybe butterscotch. The scent reminds me a bit of werther’s originals. It’s pleasant (in small doses), but I can imagine it becoming a little sticky and cloying. I’m hoping the brewed tea won’t taste too much like that.

I let it brew for about three minutes, and I’m relieved to discover that it’s no longer overpoweringly sweet smelling. Some of the other flavours have started to develop, and now the scent reminds me more of a caramel rooibos (specifically Teapigs Rooibos Creme Caramel). Slightly earthy (maybe the chicory?), but still with a distinct butterscotch note.

To taste, this is divine. If this is what Butterbeer tastes like, then no wonder Harry and his cohorts drank so much of the stuff. It’s creamy, caramel-ly, buttery deliciousness. Thankfully not overpowering, as it could so easily have been.It’s the perfect, perfect dessert tea. Drinking this on Christmas Eve, I feel warm, cosy, and homey. A great end to a great day. Thank you, Frank!

Oh man this is delish! I just love that Frank can come up with these delicious crazy blends and actually do it successfully. This is so buttery and yummy. I really like the root beer flavor of it. I loved it hot but I think it is even better iced. Next I think I’ll have it iced with ice cream and make it a Butterbeer float! :-)

Peppermintplant shared this one with me. Out of the package it smelled something like a root beer float. Only better. Brewed, I found the scent to be heavenly, intriguing. I was so excited to taste this one I almost couldn’t sleep the night I got it. Why didn’t I try it the night before you say? I was afraid the caffeine would keep me up. That was an awesome plan.

Oh, the tea! It tastes like childhood memories of rootbeer floats on a hot summer night. It is a tricky tea, first fooling you into thinking it is a mere black tea. Until the magic starts. The sharp rootbeer flavor took me by surprise until the subtle vanilla notes made the entire experience worth the sleepless night. All of that was from the first sip! This tea is going to be fun to try iced and sweetened.

Boiling

Yum! I have only had a few of the 52 Tea’s sampler pack, but this is by far my favorite. I love root-beer and this is like drinking hot root-beer. I am going to have to chill a cup and try it cold. Who would have thought, tea that taste like root-beer.

Ooh la la!

I’m starting to think this tea probably wasn’t the best choice before bed (due to the chicory), but I just got my 52Teas order and couldn’t wait to brew a cuppa of this one! I’ll just start by mentioning that I’m not a Harry Potter fan by any stretch – in fact the first time I had heard about Butterbeer was at Universal Studios Orlando thanks to Harry Potter Land. So no bias there.

I do love root beer though, and that’s what attracted me to this tea. I never had a chance to try the root beer float tea from DT, so this is also my first root beer styled tea.

It’s actually pretty good! The root beer flavour is prominent and the underlying hints are quite buttery and mix well with the black tea base. I added a splash of milk, which has really enhanced the creaminess of the blend.

To me this is an oddly comforting blend. I dig.

Typically I tend to stay clear of black teas since I typically end up disappointed but this is a rare exception to this generality. Combining chichory and licorice root make for an enchanting brew. Interesting enough, I found that the subtle notes of this tea were best enjoyed as the tea cooled to slightly above room temperature and is likely even better chilled.

Just brewed my first ever cup of this. At first it’s very rootbeery. Like hot rootbeer…then a cream soda taste comes through. Then more flavors, but I don’t know what they are, good though. Probably not something I’d buy again, but still enjoyable. Another user mentioned butter schnapps in their review, I will be putting some in next time I have this tea. I think it will be a PERFECT addition to it.