Butterbeer

Root Beer
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From 52teas

I got my recipe directly from The Three Broomsticks: Premium black teas blended with a bit of essence of rootbeer, a bit of butter vapors, some licorice root, chichory root and a touch of magic. Our Butterbeer tea is the beverage of choice for wizards of all ages, and if you have no idea what I’m referring to, please go on about your muggle life, this blend is for Harry Potter fans only. Well, okay, I guess muggles could enjoy it too. It is truly unique and delicious. A blend worthy of the 52teas brand of creative flavored teas. Enjoy!

Our Tea of the Week for the week of June 18, 2012

About 52teas View company

Well this tea is a big old NOPE for me. It’s probably not this tea’s fault… I hate root beer. It’s a shame because all of a sudden, I was like “I’m going to watch Harry Potter and drink this tea.” Also, I’ve had “real” butterbeer at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and it was sooooo delicious. It was cream soda based; no root beer. That’s more of what I was expecting. I won’t rate it because of my aversion to root beer. Anyway, I love all things Potter and was very happy to be able to try this courtesy of Miss B. Thanks!

Flavors: Root Beer

whatshesaid

Aw, too bad. I thought it was decent! I enjoy root beer though :)
Man we are going back to Orlando in the fall and you better believe I will be drinking my share of Butterbeer!!

Boo. I am so disappointed. I was expecting so much more out of this. I bought the SBT Butterbeer pouch and it was epic: tasted exactly like I expected it to. Butterscotch, malt and butter$. This one tastes similar, but toned way down. Maybe it’s lost some of it’s flavour over time? I really don’t know.

Thank you so much MissB for sending this :)

mj

I hate it when that happens! If you really need some butterbeer, try this recipe:
It’s a total pain but it tastes pretty much exactly like the one they sell at Harry Potter World.

Virginia

Wait. What is Harry Potter World?
I feel like that’s where I want to live for the rest of my life.

mj

OMG girl!! Only the best theme park there ever was:
I can’t believe you’ve never heard of it!!

All of the tasting notes that I see for this tea are from the original blend, and I know what I’ve got is a reblend… so I’m curious if anyone else has had a similar experience with this one. Because, one sip and I had to dump it. Tasted – literally – like cardboard.

whatshesaid

I’ve had that problem with 52teas before….

Dustin

I had that experience with that tea. I think mine may have been a reblend too.

Miss B gave this to me along with her day #6 tea for the 12 Days of Christmas 2014. I was sooo excited when I opened this!!! I LOVE Harry Potter! I saved this tea for just the right day, and today was that, relaxing day with my Hubby. The black tea with the note of butter sweetness was good indeed with the buttery taste being the main thing I tasted. It was a sweet butter taste with a tad artificial aftertaste, but still good all the same. Thanks again Miss B, You Rock!

Oddly, I got away from using Steepster, during my business trip last week. But I am back! This morning, I kicked it off with a pot of Butterbeer, which did not get finished, before leaving for work, so half of the pot awaits my return in the fridge. Should make a tasty, cool beverage, this evening.