Gooey Butter Cake

Black Teas, Lemon Myrtle, Marigold Petals, Natural Flavours, Organic Flavours
Edit tea info Last updated by Pyroxy

• “I am falling more and more in love with this tea. It’s such a wonderful lemon black, and the floral note just puts it over the top. I’m going to be hard pressed to find a lemon flavored tea I love...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 767 tasting notes
  • “So, I know I just posted about this tea but I decided to see if this tea could be re-steeped. I got more water and steeped it for four minutes. I put two and a half teaspoons of sugar in my mug....” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 526 tasting notes
  • “I think I'm going to let this one sit and meld a bit longer, as I am not getting much out of it beyond a touch of lemon zest. I added agave, but it didn't really change anything. It just tastes...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes
  • “Trying another tea from *ch3rryprincess*! Thank you! This has been on my "to try" list for a while, and it has been all I can do to keep myself from ordering it. Brewed up, the aroma is quite...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2361 tasting notes

From 52teas

Thanks to Azzrian for the idea for this blend. I actually think my wife is a little upset she didn’t think of it first. She makes an awesome gooey butter cake.

My wife is fond of telling people that she has no idea how I manage to make such amazing teas since my cooking skills are more or less limited to ramen noodles and microwave popcorn. Likewise, I have no idea what sort of magic she employs in creating a gooey butter cake. Yes, I could look at one of several recipes for gooey butter cake, but I prefer to believe it is magic, because a gooey butter cake (for those of you who have never had one), is one of those beautiful things that shouldn’t be discussed in such muggle terms as a recipe. It’s way better to have someone make one for you and assume they possess magical gifts.

So, this evening, I am here with a big tumbler full of iced gooey butter cake tea, and it is definitely, buttery, sweet, cakey, and just all around gooey-butter-cakey. It kind of reminds me of the Pancake Breakfast, it has the same depth of character, but of course it’s not pancakes, it’s gooey butter cake. Honestly, if I hadn’t just spent so long looking at images of gooey butter cake and writing about gooey butter cake, this might very well satisfy my craving for gooey butter cake, but the truth is, I’m seriously hoping my wife reads this and decides to make me a gooey butter cake. [I love you baby.]

Our Tea of the Week for the week of September 17, 2012

Flavor: sugar shortbread cookie
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: astringent
Liquor: Dark red brown

Weak for black, but not bad, not buttery?

Post-Steep Additives:
milk, sugar (1 tsp)

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Blog: http://amazonv.teatra.de/2013/01/18/52teas-loose-leaf-black-tea-gooey-butter-cake/

Drinking this right now and I love it. I love the way the butter flavor works with the black tea. When it comes to butter or cheescake flavors in teas Frank is always spot on! Really like this one. :-)

I love the creamy lemon flavor from this tea especially coming from a black tea base. Most teas pair lemon myrtle with the lighter greens and white teas. There was a slight bitterness/astringency- more than my palate prefers so I will adjust steep time to 3 min. Sometimes those 15 to 30 sec make all the difference.