Boo-Berry Cotton Candy

Green Tea
Freeze Dried Blueberries, Gunpowder Green Tea, Organic Flavours, Young Hyson Green Tea
Blueberry, Cotton Candy, Berries
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

From 52teas

Just in time for Halloween! We’ve blended Young Hyson and Gunpowder green teas, freeze-dried blueberries and organic flavors to create the most amazing blueberry cotton candy flavored green tea EVER. I will NOT be able to reblend this one right now, as this used up the last of my green teas for the moment, so don’t miss out!

Our Tea of the Week for the week of October 8, 2012

About 52teas View company

At, you will find unique, hand-blended artisan loose leaf teas: a new limited edition creation every week of the year. We pride ourselves on offering truly unique, one-of-a-kind tea blends that you won’t find anywhere else.

Kind of can’t believe someone would give up this tea…. SO GOOD. I loved the black cotton candy tea (when I brewed it correctly), and mixed with blueberry? Heavenly. I think I like this even better than when I got it in the 12 Teas of Christmas. Very happy to have a sizeable amount to finish off now. So much sweet blueberry deliciousness. This one’s certainly heavier on the cotton candy sweetness than the blueberry, but it’s a nice mix that quite accurately mimics blue cotton candy (which I haven’t had in aaaaages….)

I think I steeped this just a tad too long, so I can taste the green tea trying to be all astringent on me.

I seriously can still smell blueberry and sugar despite the fact I finished most of the cup before letting it cool. When it was hot, I mostly tasted blueberry. Have I ever told you how much I love 52teas’ blueberry everything? A lot. That reminds me I have blueberry zabaglione I have yet to try.

Now it’s kind of cold, and I can smell the cotton candy flavor in there. I can taste it more too. So sweet and tasty. I’m sure in no time it’ll be all warm again so I can cold steep it. Usually I’ll drink iced tea wherever but today just makes me feel like meh, no. Probably the gloominess of it. But blueberry cotton candy….how can you go wrong with the superior cotton candy. Although, I do prefer the black cotton candy flavor from earlier this year.

I knew this was going to be good, that’s why I made a blueberry cotton candy lip balm before every even tasting it, haha!

This is funny because I am on a blueberry craze that literally came out of the blue. I want to try blueberry everything! I even had to go out and buy tazo.

cotton candy in French is Barbe à papa (means Daddy’s barb)
I love the blue barbe à papa on the packaging and would love to taste a blueberry one !I think I should try as well in tea

Ysaurella, if you would ever like to swap I have both this one and one that tastes like the pink type!

Mmm missed this one. Sounds great!

Do u have to sweeten this one?

I may have just ordered some blueberry cotton candy lip balm from you (and pumpkin cheesecake…). I really adore this blend, the blueberry is so fresh tasting.

How long did you steep it for? I’ve had good luck with 2 minutes which I bump to 2.5 for resteeps.

I don’t sweeten it at all and find it perfect as is.

It was supposed to be 2 minutes but it went over a bit. I didn’t sweeten it either. And thank you Alphakitty! I will mail them tomorrow!

I got the seasonal cereals just before Halloween. =) Don’t think I went for this blend, as at the time I wasn’t interested in trying berry anything, tea-wise. Now that I’ve tried a strawberry blend that I really liked, all of a sudden I’m interested in trying strawberry and blueberry teas. As if my tea wish list really needed me to get interested in yet another category/flavour profile.

Hm. Much less amazing than the last time I made this. There’s a hint of sourness to it as well, which surprises me… although it fits the flavor profile. It’s just not as sweet, blue cotton candy-ish as before… only vaguely so. Methinks I didn’t give it enough time to steep, and wasn’t watching the clock to be sure.

Yummy! I think it may even taste better than last time? It’s probably because my little 12 days of tea sample is all done now. :(

I got 2 solid steeps out of the leaves, but the second one tasted a little less of blueberries than the first one, still very good though.

Slurp! As a hot or cold tea, it’s blueberry goodness, down to the last drop!

How have I let this one sit in my cupboard for so long without trying it??! Have I lost my mind? I do love 52teas’ Boo-berry black tea, and I LOVE their Cotton Candy black tea. So, here’s hoping the two combined in a green tea will be just as good!

The dry leaf aroma is recognizably blueberry and cotton candy. Yum! The brewed aroma is blueberry green tea with a hint of smoke. Uh oh. I’ve never liked smokey teas, so here’s hoping that gunpowder calms down a bit.

First sip is equally green tea and blueberry flavors. The aftertaste is where the cotton candy and smoke come out to play. Oddly enough, those two polar opposites seem to go well together. Now I’m not saying that it’s a pairing made in heaven, but it’s not horrible.

The more I sip, the more the blueberry floats to the background and the green tea becomes the most prominent flavor. That’s a little disappointing. I then added a teeny tiny bit of sweetener. That helped bring more cotton candy to the forefront, but I wonder what the second steep will be like…Two and a half minutes later, I’m sitting with a nice cup of green tea. Sadly, there’s no blueberry or cotton candy flavor left. But it is a nice high quality green tea!

So, the verdict on this crazy flavor pairing tea? Eh, if I had to take it or leave it, I guess I’d leave it. :( Sorry 52teas. I’m just not a fan of the smokey gunpowder. I’m sure as a black tea this would be drop dead incredible! Alas, this was not meant to be a favorite of mine.

I have this tea and kinda.. was underwhelmed. But I really feel like maybe I need to give it a proper cold brew.

Hmm, I don’t know how I feel about the cold brew idea. I have a feeling that the smokey element would be really unpleasant in an iced tea. Blech. Makes me ooky just thinking about it.

Additional notes: ICED! Have I mentioned this is my favorite image on a tea package? I LOVE it. This one is delightful iced. I was afraid the green tea would be bitter but it isn’t at all! Two teaspoons in a mason jar for two days. The blueberry cotton candy flavor is as present as it could be! I think even more that it was hot unless I didn’t steep it perfect. And I love the two giant blueberries floating the mason jar. So good!

Happy Halloween! :)

I am enjoying this aptly timed blend thanks to my awesome sis-in-law Sare – thank you! I wish I had purchased this one. So delicious. I taste blueberries in one sip and mouth-watering cotton candy in another.

Wish this could be made available year round. I’d stock this permanently – one here at work, and one at home. Blissful boo berry!

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween

Right back at ya! I love Halloween! :) Any candy consumed this day is completely fat-free. And calorie-free. And totally good for you. ;)

The original 52teas Cotton Candy is one of those blends I hoard and store up for special occasions. I mean, it’s not every day that you get to drink a glass of pure cotton candy goodness! I’ve been keeping an eye out for similarly flavored teas, but the Red Leaf matcha is the only one that comes close. So of course I had to snag their new cotton candy tea! I mean, I love cotton candy, blueberries, Halloween-themed things AND 52teas so nothing could really go wrong.

I cold brewed this (because who wants to drink hot cotton candy?!) and holy WOW. At first sip I thought the blueberry was too strong and kind of dominated. And in a way it does—while you are drinking, it’s pure juicy and very authentic blueberry (not surprising since there are so many dried berries in the mix), followed by a mellow green tea taste. A little vegetal, a little sweet, but nothing to write home about. Then, BAM, at the end of the sip my mouth was filled with delicious cotton candy taste!

This is the perfect blend of cotton candy and blueberries—both are dominant flavors, and indeed both get a chance to “overwhelm” the cup, but you get them both in equal and delicious amount. Definitely a tea to be savored, I think you’d miss a lot of you chugged this one down. Another winner from 52teas! They’ve really been on a roll recently, between them and Red Leaf I feel like all my recent tealogs have had scores in the 90’s haha

I purchased this and I’m anxiously awaiting it. Glad to know its good!

I also received this one from alphakitty

As I was sipping this I kinda forgot it was suppose to be cotton candy flavored. It was a nice, light, refreshing blueberry green ( but more generic berry flavour). I found as it cooled I tasted more blueberry. I really enjoyed this, but then got kind of sad after reading the other reviews and seeing everyone got the cotton candy flavour :(

I don’t get much cotton candy either when this is hot, I think it’s best iced like the reg cotton candy blend

I have enough for another mug.
Do you cold brew, or pour over ice?

I usually cold brew, I find that sometimes the over ice method comes out a little bitter.

how long do you generally cold brew something. I lack the patience to wait for my tea & never remember to do it the night before

Usually 12 hours, I do it the night before so it goes while I am sleeping. But I think you could do a shorter steep, you can usually tell when it is done by the color.

I think you steeped it too long! In my notes, after I waited for the water to cool a while, the flavor after 30 seconds was great but I put the infuser back in for 15 more seconds and much of the flavor was lost. I’ll go for 35 seconds total next time.

Backlog! Pretty tasty! I really like this one. I’ll be sad when it’s gone. The flavors are spot on and delicious.