Weeping Angel Tea

Caramel
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 9 oz / 266 ml

• “First impression: this tastes much like Pot O' Gold. Kinda caramelly-sweet, and all that. I think I may have accidentally diluted it a bit too much, so the flavour's a bit weaker than I'd like, but...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes
  • “I am the first? Yippee! I made this tea for a little afternoon tea and cookies time with my hubby and a friend. The friend is fairly new to good tea - he told me a few weeks ago that all he...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1828 tasting notes
  • “Another one I thought was gone! This really is the last cup now, though. I'm in a sweet mood today, so I'm drinking this with milk and sugar. I brewed it while I was faffing with the photocopier,...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 987 tasting notes
  • “So i've discovered...that i can only drink this if i add sugar, which i generally never do. Without the added sweetness to bring the flavours out, this is a like a very boring, bland, icky cup of...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4942 tasting notes

From 52teas

So, yesterday was Steven Moffat’s birthday. For my customers who don’t know who he is, I feel for you. For those of you who don’t care, please forgive my self-indulgent nerd fest this week; this week’s tea will probably “not compute” if you are not a Dr. Who fan.

If you happen to be someone from the BBC’s legal department, please don’t sue me. As cool as it would be to be sued for my Dr. Who fandom, I really don’t have any money, and it would be a shame to “Exterminate” 52teas. We’re mostly harmless (to mix nerd references).

So, I’m sure you are wondering, what exactly is a Weeping Angel tea? Well, what else could it be, but a tea flavored like my favorite Dr. Who snack? It’s a buttered toffee caramel corn flavored black tea, and it’s heavenly–amazing enough to make a weeping angel smile.

But… Don’t Blink! This one will be gone before you know it.

Our Tea of the Week for the week of November 19, 2012

About 52teas View company

I received this in a swap from DeleriumFrogs. Thank you for sharing this with me.

I am hit or miss with 52 Teas black tea. I think I finally figured out the trick. A much shorter steep time. This one was a hit with me. It was a decent caramel tea that was a delicious morning cup!

2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

thanks so much Janelle for a bit of this one! Always happy to try ANY tea. Unfortunately, I’ve tried enough of these 52Teas blends with this base.. and with this one I’m just getting the base I really don’t like. No other flavors. Caramel butter toffee popcorn? Nope. So I’m just going to now reveal what this particular base tastes like to me (since maybe they will stop using it): cardboard. I think someone else said construction paper and I nodded my head in agreement. 52Teas puts amazing work in their teas, and I wish they wouldn’t waste it on this black tea base. I think I’m going to stop trying with this particular base, BUT there are some other black tea bases that 52 uses, like their assam that I still love. I don’t even feel nice posting this tasting note, since maybe it tastes better to everyone else and just not my tastebuds. When it’s the nice flavors and the black tea base I don’t like, it’s manageable, but not if it’s just the black tea base I can taste.

First off let me say that the Weeping Angels are the most terrifying Doctor Who creation ever. They also have nothing to do with caramel popcorn – they’d be less freaky if they did.

I’ve not been particularly interested in purchasing this tea – I like actual caramel popcorn but as a tea flavour it doesn’t hold as much of an appeal. And maybe I’m justified in that – the flavour of the tea strikes me as a little bit wussy although it might just need a longer steep, or as some people have suggested added sweetener. I am getting something that’s sort of popcorn-like in taste along with a vague sweetness that might be caramel, but the flavours don’t really seem to pop.

So overall I’m underwhelmed but I’ve got enough left in the pouch to experiment with. The rating may or may not go up. And before I forget….

DON’T BLINK

Ok, this tea for sure deserves high praise, it’s sweet yet not too sweet. I mean it’s the perfect flavoured black tea.