Peach Cardamom

Cardamom, Dried Peaches, Sencha
Green, Peach, Apricot, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Pyroxy

2 Images

• “How does this have almost no notes after being released for a month?! I just got mine and I had to try it right away based on the smell! I love love LOVE cardamom in non-chai teas--I mean I like it...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Tried this out cold brew and it's alright as a cold brew with a little sugar added to it. I'm still more disappointed than excited by most of the recent blends from frank so it might be time for a...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4923 tasting notes
  • “Another tea Sil & I picked up and split... I'm hoping that this goes better than the other 52teas I've had lately. The aroma from the package, and of the brewed cup is kind of a fakey peach. I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes
  • “I prefer non-flavored green teas, but when I go to my parents I like to dink flavored green teas because their water is so terribly hard, even filtered. So, I decided to try this one since I know...” Read full tasting note
    feralanima 174 tasting notes

From 52teas

Yummm. Our buttery Chinese sencha blended with cardamom and freeze-dried peaches. A little tang, a little sweet, a lot of soothing refreshment.

Our Tea of the Week for the Week of February 18, 2013

About 52teas View company

Pass the Stash

I was hoping for a super juicy peachy flavor..but that is not what this tea is. The green tea base is the strongest flavor in the cup for me and the peach is very subtle. I do rather enjoy the creaminess that sneaks in near the end of the sip. I tend to like stronger fruity flavors but if you enjoy lighter fruity flavors, this tea would be absolutely awesome for you:]

Flavors: Green, Peach

180 °F / 82 °C 2 min, 30 sec 1 g 2 OZ / 59 ML

This blend smells sweet and fruity, rather a lot like peach/apricot but in a perfumed way (ie sweeter than natural).

Flavour wise this tastes like peach with sharp citrus behind it, like cardamom but also similar to a strong lemongrass. It has some sweetness but for the most part it’s sour. Reminds me of orange rind in a strange way. Very fragrant though and a nice combination, not sure this one is for me though.

Flavors: Apricot, Lemon Zest, Peach

I cold brewed this one because it just sounded like a tea that wanted to be cold brewed. I have to say, when I first opened up the bag, I was hit with this strong smell of maybe cardamom? I’ve only ever had a subtle cardamom flavored ice cream, so I don’t really know what to expect from it. Anyway, after cold brewing, that strong cardamom smell toned down just a tad but was still very overwhelming. I couldn’t even really taste anything other than that. It was also a perfume-y tea in taste, which put me off. So, in conclusion, this tea was really not the tea for me, but I will leave it unrated due to my limited knowledge of cardamom. Thanks to Pyroxy for sending me some to try out!

At 1st sip, I didn’t care for this one. I mean I thought “Well not a terrible cup, but not terribly inclined to make it again.”

But I kept sipping, I did like it better then the Watermelon from last night, so that’s something right? Nearing to the end of the cup, I found that I did like it, maybe not as much as the Madagascar Coconut White from last night, but enough that I wouldn’t mind having a bag of this hanging around, particularly for summer iced tea.

Flavors: Peach

Peach balances equally with green tea so it’s worth trying hot. Lower quality teas that are heavily fragranced I would use for iced tea but this is not so. However I imagine this would be refreshing cold and mixed with soda water. I want to do this cold steeped to see if I pick up more characteristics from the tea itself.