Cuba Libre Black Tea

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

2 Images

• “continuing my attempt to try and have at least one cup of 52 teas a day. I have had nothing to eat or drink all day...my work life is the suck at the moment. So now i'm home and i'm too tired to...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5241 tasting notes
  • “***Backlog*** I love sharing tea with my Dad whenever he comes over. I typically don’t add anything to my tea, but he likes a touch of sugar. Today when he took a sip, he said, hmmm...this tea...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 351 tasting notes
  • “I'm sad this doesn't have lime in it, I was expecting that and there aren't any here right now so I guess tomorrow I will go to the store for some. Sweetening is a necessity for me when it...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes
  • “Made the last of my sample as a cold brew. Not sure how long it brewed for because I didn't pay attention. But I put it in this morning and am now drinking it before supper. It is definitely...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 783 tasting notes

From 52teas

According to Bacardi:

The world’s second most popular drink was born in a collision between the United States and Spain. It happened during the Spanish-American War at the turn of the century when Teddy Roosevelt, the Rough Riders, and Americans in large numbers arrived in Cuba. One afternoon, a group of off-duty soldiers from the U.S. Signal Corps were gathered in a bar in Old Havana. Fausto Rodriguez, a young messenger, later recalled that Captain Russell came in and ordered Bacardi (Gold) rum and Coca-Cola on ice with a wedge of lime. The captain drank the concoction with such pleasure that it sparked the interest of the soldiers around him. They had the bartender prepare a round of the captain’s drink for them. The Bacardi rum and Coke was an instant hit. As it does to this day, the drink united the crowd in a spirit of fun and good fellowship. When they ordered another round, one soldier suggested that they toast ¡Por Cuba Libre! in celebration of the newly freed Cuba. The captain raised his glass and sang out the battle cry that had inspired Cuba’s victorious soldiers in the War of Independence.

Organic cola and rum flavors combine with our premium black tea base to create a sweet-tooth treat with a twist. I’m very happy with the way this came out. I’m more of a 7 and Ginger guy myself, but this is delicious. I hope you will agree.

Our Tea of the Week for the week of February 25,2013

About 52teas View company

Drank this the other day, and was very pleasantly surprised, after my expectations about 52teas had been lowered by Weeping Angel. Thanks for the tea, sil! I was both amused and intrigued by how very cola-ish the cola flavour is – it certainly predominates, but it’s not only that, it’s that it’s so true-cola that I almost felt a faint bit of the fizz of a fresh cola, even while drinking it hot. Didn’t get too much rum, and only the merest hint of lime, but it was still very tasty. Cara agreed, and we thought it’d be excellent iced, as others have said. On a whim, I tried resteeping a smallish cup, sweetening it a bit with brown sugar and sticking it in the fridge. I was surprised at how much flavour remained in the resteeped cup, and it was definitely good iced.

Kind of makes me wonder if it’s worth playing with the Weeping Angel… hmmm, that sounds very odd indeed! I didn’t make a note on that when first tried it, so might try different temps and times, to see if I can’t get it a bit better.

Helped with the tree cutting today and this was a great iced tea cuz it’s so very hot.

I didn’t try this hot. I hot steeped then tossed in the fridge to cool. It is MUCH better than Davids cherry cola. It is very cola ish, and I’m not sure it really rum, but maybe cane sugar ish. I wish there was some lime in here to – a little acidic to cut the sweetness. All in all I like this more than I thought I would.

Thank you JackieT for the sample.

The fragrance of this blend both dry leaf and brewed is extraordinary! There is a strong cola flavoring which is paired nicely with refreshing lime. I am not one to add sweetener to my teas and found that there is absolutely no need to do so here. Once more Frank has impressed me with his ability to create a perfectly balanced blend and has given me renewed appreciation for black teas. I don’t drink so I can’t say how close this is to the actual drink its named for … but does it really matter if it tastes this good? ;)

This is really cola like! So strange, tasting this flavor hot! The cola is so prominent that I really can’t pick out the tea base. I’m really not getting a rum taste that others have mentioned, but the cola is done really well.