S'mores Genmaicha

Wood, Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Mandy

3 Images

From 52teas

So, you liked the Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha, and you liked the Browncoat (Chocolate) Genmaicha? Well, you’re going to LOVE the S’mores Genmaicha! Toasty genmaicha blended with marshmallow root, roasted cacao nibs and just a tiny touch of smoke from a bit of lapsang souchoung. This is a heavenly treat to warm your bones and soothe your sweet-tooth.

Our Tea of the Week for the week of March 4, 2013

About 52teas View company

Well there wasn’t any question that I would enjoy this one. I love Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha and Browncoat Genmaicha. This was pretty much a combination of the two and yum what a perfect combination it is. This is a very smokey yet sweet genmaicha. Definitely one I will purchase again when it gets reblended. :-)

Day 4- 12 Teas of XMAS

My first thought about this was, “WHY GENMAICHA?”. I love some genmaicha but I just don’t think the nutty, buttery taste I get from it pairs well with s’mores flavors. I get a little bit of chocolate and maybe even some graham cracker taste from this, but the nutty/buttery overpowers it and hides any mention of marshmallow. There’s also a very smoky quality about it…

Hmmmm…. after all the times I have had to put my name on the waiting list for this one (and finally getting in on a re-blend), I am quite disappointed. I do definitely taste the genmaicha, but I can barely taste the S’Mores are of this. You can smell the S’More part in the bag, but once the water hits the tea it’s genmaicha predominantly. Not that I don’t like genmaicha, it’s just that as a flavored tea I was hoping for a more “sweet”/choco/smoky/marshmallow experience. I wish I liked this tea more, because as I said I had to jump through a lot of hoops just to be able to order it.

I finally got around to giving this another go and I’m still not thrilled with it. It’s not an awful-tasting tea – though the scent is off-putting but it’s nothing at all like s’mores in my opinion. At most I get a bit of a bitter cocoa flavour underneath the malty genmaicha – and no marshmallow or graham cracker flavours. I’m glad I just got this as part of the sampler, not a as full pouch.

Disappointing :(
I’d okay with burnt Lucky Charm marshmallow taste… I think what I’m tasting is some genmaicha that sat on a wooden chair

Ubacat

I’ve never tried a lot of 52teas teas because they are flavoured. I love genmaicha and this one intrigued me but not anymore. Doesn’t sound very good.

Liquid Proust

I’ve had matcha and strawberry genmaicha as well, this is the worst I have had though. In Tokyo they have ground genmaicha at some resturants resturantsthat I tried… Rather weird to have powdered gemiacha. I am going to personally blend my own breakfast blueberry cobbler genmaicha sometime in July or August since I’m working on others right now.

Not that bad but not that amazingly tasty either – just a little too typically genmaicha and not quite s’mores’y enough in my humble opinion. Yes, its buttery, yes, its a little bit popcorn’y, but marshmallow and chocolatey? No afraid not. I’ll enjoy finishing this packet as a tasty genmaicha but unfortunately it missed the mark for me in s’mores’y goodness

Thanks to Arshness and polar opposite taste buds for this one!
I dd this one latte style as well (1/2 cup water 1/2 cup milk simmered for a bit), and added sugar and this is yummy. I’m mostly getting genmaicha from this but with the milk and sugar and the toasty rice, I do get a toasted marshmallow sense. I wouldn’t say s’more since I don’t notice any cocoa, but that might be because the milk overpowered it. Either way as a latte it’s a nice sweet creamy treat.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Arshness

I knew it. I knew it. I knew it.

Mandy

I really hope it works the other way around too! I sent you a few teas that I wasn’t too fond of, which hopefully means you will be!

Arshness

I’m pretty sure it’s guaranteed :)

TTBC Rd2

The internet ate my first – elegantly crafted – note, so I’m doing this one from memory.

This tea is reminiscent of Marshmallow Treat, but has a bit of added depth from the chocolate bits that I find really enticing. Overall I have to say that I like it a little better than the Marshmallow Treat and it’ll probably replace that blend in future orders.

TTB-C 2-R
I’ve never had a genmaicha before so I really don’t have anything to compare with. I read about the toasted brown rice taste but couldn’t really figure out what that would taste like. It’s a nice taste. I’m not so sure about the S’more flavor. Yes, I pick up a bit of chocolate and maybe a toasted marshmallow from the toasted rice; but not much. I’ll try more genmaicha but I don’t really need anymore of this.

Marzipan

It’s like Super Sugar Crisp or Honey Smacks.

Tea #3 from Traveling Tea Box C Round 2
I’ve never really had much luck with green teas. I generally don’t like them since they taste like stewed veggies/grass clippings/seaweed/etc. But I thought ‘what the heck it’s in the box’ when I grabbed this one out to try. It smelled pretty good in the package at least.
Brewed I was surprised how ‘dirty’ of a tea this was. Lots of dust at the bottom of my mug and even floating along the top. The smell was strongly toasted rice.
Taste wise this was unpleasant for me. Very grassy/veggie to me with an overlay of toasted rice. And the sip was sharp like or gritty from all the little floaties at the top of my cup. I didn’t get more than a few sips in before I had to dump the whole thing.
I guess I’m just a black/oolong type of girl. Lol.