Butter Rum

Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

2 Images

From 52teas

Butter Rum was always my favorite flavor of Lifesavers. I’m not really a fan of rum itself, but butter rum candy is the stuff dreams are made out of, and so is this tea.

It’s a blend of our premium black teas, marigold petals and organic rum, butter and (just a hint of) vanilla flavors. The vanilla is just a teeny bit to smooth out the other flavors. And smooth is exactly what this tea is. It’s delicious hot or iced. I hope you agree.

About 52teas View company

I tried this yesterday for the first time and I’m drinking it again tonight. It has a nice butterscotch flavor that I am really enjoying, but it does not obliterate the underlying malty black tea (not too strong). And how does Frank get a subtle hint of rum flavor in there? Wow! I’m hoping this one will get me through all the work I have to do tonight. It’s making me crave a Werther’s.

Catching up on the 12 Days of Christmas (um…after Valentine’s Day, I guess. Lol.). Anyway, I’m trying the Butter Rum today. The other reviews of this tea mentioned it tasting like a Butterscotch Lifesaver, and that’s pretty on the mark with this.

4 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Backlog from yesterday
This tea is quite enjoyable, I like the addition of the vanilla to add that smoothness. It does taste like rum candy, but not that sweet. As much as I did enjoy this tea, I think I enjoy DavidsTea version of the Buttered Rum better.

I think this is the last blend to try from the 52Teas blends I received in January from Lala; putting this one off for last wasn’t a super conscious decision, but I think that primarily it boiled down my already having a Butter Rum tea in stock and not being as inclined to try this immediately just because of that fact.

Dry, this sadly doesn’t smell anything like Buttered Rum; mostly it just smells like Frank’s black base. Now that it’s steeping, there is a little more flavour and aroma to the liquor, but nothing terribly distinct or “wowing”.

And now that I’m trying it I have to say that really all I’m getting is the black base and maybe just the teeniest hint of rum in the end sip/aftertaste. Whah, whah, whaaaah

That’s alright; you can’t love ’em all. I guess I had my 52Teas “Fireworks moment” for the week last night with the Pineapple Bacon Rooibos I made.

EDIT: Now that it’s cooled significantly I am getting slightly more rum taste in the aftertaste – though it’s still milk, and it reminds me of artificial rum extract you use in baking. Meh.

Day 8- 12 Teas of XMAS

I agree with other reviews on this when I say that this tastes more like candy than actual rum. And I would even agree that it comes through a lot like butterscotch. Very meh.

So we’re on day….eight of the 12 Days of X-mas sampler, I think?

Yum, I’m really enjoying this blend. It has a really smooth and distinctly buttery flavour with very distinct notes of rum. Drinking it actually makes me think of butterscotch lifesavers. The flavour of this tea strikes me as being somewhat similar to the Brandy Butter Cake but with less of a cakey component. I’m one of those uneducated drinkers who can’t really tell brandy and rum apart – though apparently they both work very well with butter.