Mai Tai Green Tea

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

2 Images

• “Backlog: I really was blown away by how strong this smells. I've had a few Mai Tai cocktails in my time ... you know how they say there's a time and place for everything and that time and place...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes
  • “Another delicious tea from 52teas. I found the blend of green teas used is what set this tea apart. The full bodied Young Hyson is balanced by the subtle sweetness from the Yun Wu which is paired...” Read full tasting note
    Jenniferkovacs 65 tasting notes
  • “Another sip down of the day. The dry leaves smells like cocktail lime juice. Prepared using 1tsp per 6 oz in 175F water for 1.5 mins brought about a medium brown liquid with a green and orange...” Read full tasting note
    rogersck 180 tasting notes
  • “This is a delightfully fruity, summer-y tea. You can't really taste the underlayer of green, but the overlay of pineapple and fruit is all kinds of wonderful (both hot and cold). With a little...” Read full tasting note
    Pyroxy 157 tasting notes

From 52teas

Our Tea of the Week for the Week of
April 1, 2013

The traditional Mai tai is made with rum, Curaçao liqueur, and lime juice. Curaçao is a liqueur made from the peel of the laraha citrus fruit, which was developed from the Valencia orange. The liqueur is naturally colorless but is often given artificial color, commonly blue. Our Mai Tai is a blend of Yun Wu, Chun Mee and Young Hyson green teas, orange peel and organic flavors. It’s sure to put you in mind of tropical breezes. See if you can drink it without wanting to put a little umbrella in it.

Get yours today at Zoomdweebies.com!

Just $8.99 including shipping to the US!

About 52teas View company

Backlog:

I really was blown away by how strong this smells. I’ve had a few Mai Tai cocktails in my time … you know how they say there’s a time and place for everything and that time and place is college? Yeah … so, I found Mai Tai cocktails to be a very refreshing beverage in college. And this … when I opened the pouch, it brought me back to those college days.

The brewed tea has a subdued fragrance, it is not quite as overpowering as the dry leaf. The flavor is really nice – the green tea is buttery and sweet, and it’s a really interesting dimension of flavor to this once familiar cocktail. Tangy, sweet, and delicious … and even better iced than it is hot.

Another delicious tea from 52teas. I found the blend of green teas used is what set this tea apart. The full bodied Young Hyson is balanced by the subtle sweetness from the Yun Wu which is paired perfectly with the slight plum notes from the Chun Mee. This combination of green teas would have made an outstanding tea all on their own but the addition of the citrus notes really makes a nice spring time tea. I have only tried this one brewed hot but I can imagine that it would make for a refreshing iced tea.

Another sip down of the day. The dry leaves smells like cocktail lime juice. Prepared using 1tsp per 6 oz in 175F water for 1.5 mins brought about a medium brown liquid with a green and orange tinge. Brewed, the lime smell still stands out. The greens on this tea melds well together. Without sweetener, the lime taste lingers. After adding a little bit of rock sugar, the lime became a bit milder, and it added a small hint of orange to the mix. I will have to try this iced next time.

Good when resteeped. Lime a tad bit milder, but the greens are still very good.

This is a delightfully fruity, summer-y tea.

You can’t really taste the underlayer of green, but the overlay of pineapple and fruit is all kinds of wonderful (both hot and cold). With a little sugar it’s a pleasant drink for a not-so-wintery day.

Tasty and pleasant…I’d recommend this one.