Stone Fruit White Tea

Fruit White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

2 Images

• “The dry leaf aroma is fruity heaven! Wow! It’s hard to discern a particular fruit, but to me it smells like peaches and cherries. Mmm! I brewed it up and when the water hit the leaves, there...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 509 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: This one is YUMMY iced. I think I prefer it iced versus hot (although it's good hot too, however, I didn't really like it when it was fresh from the teapot, piping hot. The flavors...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4322 tasting notes
  • “I am excited to be the first to review this new tea. I hope I can do it justice. First of all, the tea smells really fruity and has some large pieces of fruit in it. After one whiff, my daughter...” Read full tasting note
    Ellenkh27 74 tasting notes
  • “This is a perfect tea for this time of year. The moment I opened this tea I was instantly hit with a strong refreshing peach scent. Once brewed I found that the peach flavor continued to be the...” Read full tasting note
    Jenniferkovacs 65 tasting notes

From 52teas

Our Tea of the Week for the Week of
April 15, 2013

Stone fruits are so named because they have a large pit in their centers. They include peaches, plums, apricots, nectarines and cherries–in other words, a cornucopia of yumminess, all of which is represented in this blend.

Thanks to my very supportive wife for the idea for this blend. She’s something of a stone fruit herself–soft on the outside but with a solid core of stubbornness on the inside. I guess I’m kind of bristly on the outside and all mushy inside, so I suppose we’re a match. In the words of the immortal Blues Brothers, I’m “Crazy ’bout her / That hard headed woman of mine.”

Get yours today at Zoomdweebies.com!

Just $8.99 including shipping to the US!

About 52teas View company

I brewed it up and when the water hit the leaves, there was another whoosh of sweet, fruity aroma. But once infused, the aroma was muuuuch quieter. What happened? Did I not use enough leaf? I’ve always found Bai Mu Dan leaves difficult to measure correctly.

The taste will be the tie-breaker. Hmm, I probably could have used more leaf. LOL! Oh well. What I’m getting from this cup is still delicious! Just not as assertive as I’d like. The white base pairs perfectly with these fruits. The flavor profile is very different from the Forest Berry Silver Needle from a while back. The fruit here is perfectly representative of the fruits themselves. It doesn’t taste like I’m drinking a flavored tea. Instead it tastes like I’m drinking a white tea mixed with 100% real fruit juice!

This is absolutely delicious! Peach, cherry, and plum are the fruit that stand out the most for me. But that’s mostly because I’m not sure what a nectarine or apricot really tastes like. The fruits blend very well together and create a symphony in my mouth. There’s no bitterness or astringency to speak of.

This has instantly become a new favorite! I’m so glad I decided to give it a shot. Now if only I could sit around all day and enjoy this tea, but I’m off to work! In the travel mug it goes!

TeaBrat

sounds yummy!

CHAroma

There’s still plenty available on Zoomdweebies.com. I highly recommend it!

Backlog:

This one is YUMMY iced. I think I prefer it iced versus hot (although it’s good hot too, however, I didn’t really like it when it was fresh from the teapot, piping hot. The flavors need a few minutes cool time to develop.)

Once the flavors do develop, though, this is a very juicy, fruity, sweet tea. The white tea brings a nice earthiness to the cup. I like the different fruits in here. I taste the peach, nectarine and apricot strongest, and the cherry gives a nice tartness to the tea. The plum comes through too.

Nice.

I am excited to be the first to review this new tea. I hope I can do it justice. First of all, the tea smells really fruity and has some large pieces of fruit in it. After one whiff, my daughter proclaimed: “I want to try that one Mom” and she doesn’t want to try new things very often. When she tried it, she said it was yummy and asked if I would make an iced pitcher of it just for her. To me, it tastes like a juicy mouthful of plums and peaches that is well supported by the white tea base.

This is a perfect tea for this time of year. The moment I opened this tea I was instantly hit with a strong refreshing peach scent. Once brewed I found that the peach flavor continued to be the dominate flavor however at the back of the palate a sweet plum note came through as well. I tried my first cup hot which was absolutely scrumptious but given the blend and recent nice weather I HAD to try this over ice. In doing so I found that the overall flavor profile changed so that some of the more subtle notes in the background came through and were not as overshadowed by the peach when enjoyed hot. All in all, this is a delightful refreshing tea.

Heaping 1/2 tablespoon for ~8 oz water.

Dry leaf smells strongly of plums & fuzzy peaches (yes, the smell was fuzzy), maybe a little bit bubblegum-y. While steeping, white tea & cherry fragrances come forth. This is one of those teas that seems more aromatic than flavored to me, so I added a little glug of agave, which gave it a gentle sort of honeyed fruity taste. Withholding rating until I figure out the best way to steep this one.

1ST CUP:
Served: Hot
Amount: 1.5 tsp
Brewed In: 10 oz
Cup Size: 10.5 oz mug
Sweetener: stevia in the raw
Temp: 175
Steep Time: 3 min
Method: Finum paper tea filter

Notes:
Decided to steep this longer & lower to try to get more of the flavor from the pieces of dried fruit. Not sure if it worked since I can’t pick up any distinctive flavor – just a jumble of fruit.

I’ll have to try again with the normal 185 temp & shorter time & see if I get a better taste because right now it just seems bland to me without any one flavor noticeable over the other.

Of course this could all be because I’ve been fighting a head cold for 10 days now, but I’ll try again once I’m through with this bug.

- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -
UPDATE: As the cup sat a few more minutes, cooling off to probably around 140, suddenly the taste changed for me. It came across more mellow, less jumbled & more individually pronounced. Went from “meh” to “hmm”.

Signed,
Jane

CHAroma

Feel better soon!

Tea #5 from Another Traveling Tea Box?!?!?!

I’d buy this one. In a heartbeat. I know I under-leafed it (because that is all that was left), but I’m tasting all these fruits that I really like, on the delicate white tea base. I’m pretty sure that I like white tea a lot, and I love all the fruits, and this tea just marries everything together. Just a really fabulous, light tea.

3 min, 0 sec 0 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

TTB 11: This one smells very nice and fruity dry. However, I think I may have underleafed. I can taste the white tea some, but everything is very weak

This might be the first 52 white tea I have tried! It’s nice. It’s fruity. I can pick out a peach/apricot flavor. I tend to not be a huge fan of peach teas, so no rave reviews here, but I ’m glad to have tried it and can imagine enjoying it better cold brewed.

So I took this from the TTTTB and I totally forgot to add this to my cupboard, so I didn’t get the wonderful chance of pressing the “remove from cupboard” button! Aww darn.
Ahh well, this tea is good! I’ve never had legit stone fruit before, so all I smell from the package is the white tea with a bit of a fruity scent… wait. I’m not smart. I just googled it and is stone fruit just fruit with a nut inside like a peach or nectarine and cherries? WOW I’M SO SMART.
Yeah well this smells like a fruity white tea! Legit thought that stone fruit was an actual name for an actual fruit wow.

The grassy white tea does come out a bit more though, but there’s a background of the fruity bits :)

It’s good! Reminds me a bit of Thranduil? Gandalf? I think it’s Thranduil. Just less roasty and more tart. Ehh, it’s an okay tea. I think I only grabbed it because the sample was pretty small and it had enough for one cup, or two wee little baby cups :)

In other news, Disney is keeping me in the loop with the whole DCP thing! I love it so SO much. It’s getting me even more stoked to start! 35 more days till Disney!! But they sent me an email about how they do these “Vidnouncements” which is a fancy schmancy name for a Video Announcement haha. But it was just a video of a group of people having fun, roaming through a completely empty Disneyland, with just dates and news rolling through the bottom. It was so cute and I’m so so very excited!

And as I was making dinner, my roommate asked me if I can turn my music off so she can watch a movie called GBF and it was actually really cute and adorable. The people bothered me so much and I was literally yelling at the tv criticizing the costuming department (because high school students don’t wear freakin 6 inch heels to school) and people were just so rude with what they said.
But it was actually really cute okay.

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 2 g 5 OZ / 147 ML