Banana Pudding Black Tea

Black Fruit Blend
Freeze Dried Banana Slices, Organic Coconut, Organic Natural Flavors (Vegan), Premium Black Teas
Baked Bread, banana, Coconut, Cream
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

3 Images

From 52teas

I was happy to have the opportunity to reblend this – mostly because I love banana teas and I’ll take up just about any excuse to make a banana tea. I find it a little funny, I’m not a big fan of bananas – I mean – I like them alright but if I’m in a produce market shopping for fruit, bananas are not usually the first fruit in my cart. But I love banana flavored stuff – banana ice cream and ice pops, banana bread, banana desserts, banana pancakes … you get the idea. And that adoration for banana flavored stuff extends into banana teas – and perhaps especially banana teas! Banana and tea just really does it for me.

So, here it is, the reblend of Banana Pudding Black Tea. The original description says:

You want to hear about pudding. Did you know that pudding was created using techniques for making Haggis and blood sausage? Eww. That’s not very appetizing…

Changing gears… Bananas are very yummy, what’s more, they are yellow and shaped funny.

Our Banana pudding flavored tea also has coconut, which some people dislike in pudding because pudding is supposed to be smooth and creamy and who wants shavings of coconut in there? But hey, it’s better in the tea. And I’m feeling a little loopy tonight and rushing to get this posted since it’s already late, but I think you’re all really going to enjoy this blend–mentions of Haggis and coconut aside.

I stuck pretty close to the recipe on this one because as I mentioned in my review of the original blend, I was pretty satisfied with it. One obvious difference is that the black tea base will be somewhat different because I’m using different teas.

And I’m really happy with the result of this blend – after a short cool time, I find the flavor to be very banana-y with nice coconut notes. As the tea cools a little more, the creamy pudding-like notes emerge – so definitely give this tea time to cool a little and your patience will be rewarded!

organic ingredients: black teas, freeze-dried bananas, coconut and natural flavors.

Get yours today at Zoomdweebies.com!

Just $8.99 including shipping to the US!

About 52teas View company

Thanks to KallieBoo! for this sample!

Yummy! I have put off trying teas from 52teas other than through swap because it’s so much tea to get if you wind up hating it! This, however, I could use some more of. I love banana and this tastes creamy and banana-y. The black base is far from overpowering or bitter. I wound up using my full sample in my mug plus some sweetener (just over 2 tsp – 16oz steeping mug). I hope it lasts another round because I want another cup!

This tastes like creamy banana and coconut. It has a distinctive black tea backdrop. I really like it, but I think I will brew it a little longer next time to get a little more flavor.

I brewed this hot using 200°F water and then chilled it overnight. Unfortunately I forgot to set my timer. When I realized this I panicked a little and removed the tea bag to prevent it from becoming bitter. Well, I have no idea how long it brewed for, but I should have let it brew longer because I think the flavors are just a little weak and there is no bitterness.

200 °F / 93 °C

I love banana teas! I would say, next to pumpkin, banana is my favourite tea flavour. This banana tea is good, not my favourite, but good. I found I had to add more agave than normal to get the flavour right for me. I will easily finish my 50g pouch of this, but I don’t know that I would buy it again as there are better banana black teas out there. I think this is mostly due to the pairing with the coconut, which is very faint here. I prefer my banana paired with nuts ;)

It smells like dried banana slices! I like it. The brewed tea tastes like bananas and keeps the strong banana smell too, it’s slightly sweet and the coconut is pretty light. Makes me want pudding to eat too just to match up :)

Day 3- 12 Teas of XMAS

I wasn’t terribly excited about this one, as I’m not a huge fan of banana flavored things.. But it turned out to actually taste pretty decent. There’s a good, creamy banana taste that doesn’t seem artificial. Would I order more? No. But it was an enjoyable flavor.

I’ve had this twice now, and it’s certainly tasty (the banana flavor is noticeable), but it’s not a stand-out delicious tea. The second time I had it with the slightest pinch of sugar (I could see this getting syrupy easily), which helped but I felt like it could use more. I think there’s probably a very exact amount of sugar for this (and I don’t know what that is yet) to make it perfect.

(Sample from silentrequiem. Thanks!)

This tastes very similar to SBT’s monkey fart with a hint of cream….I don’t know why I got both. I guess I’m just a banana fanatic. Say that ten times fast.

It’s got that banana runts flavor, but that’s a good thing in my eyes (mouth?).

I was so excited when I scratched off the sticker for this tea, and when I opened it, BOOM coconut. so, while I did pick out the larger pieces of coconut (I’m not patient enough to get the smaller pieces) and tried this tea, it wasn’t something that I’d drink again. but I would like to try more banana-y teas in the future.

On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me… Banana Pudding Black Tea!
Sweet freezing jeebus, it has been so goddamn cold this last couple days. Yesterday was so cold, my fat Alaskan Malamute, Kuma didn’t even want to go outside. It dumped a ton of snow on our doorstep, and temperatures dropped to -5F during the middle of the day. And to think, it was in the upper 50’s not two days before. Thanks Denver. So grateful for a steaming cup of black tea today!

I have had a couple of banana blends from 52Teas before, and I have enjoyed each one. I was unaware before opening the package that there would also be coconut in this blend. I can see the flakes of coconut being useful in achieving that creamy pudding feel in the tea. I also like the combination of flavors, it reminds me of a blend from Etsy seller Ami Tea created that Muse Monthly had in their box one month.

I confess, I really do not like pudding. I know, I know. Many people are surprised when I say this. It’s all about the texture for me. It’s thick and ultra-creamy texture makes me gag every time I put it in my mouth. I feel as if I am swallowing Crisco. I am the same way about mayonnaise. Thankfully, drinking a tea inspired by pudding does not have the same effect. This deliciously desserty blend was a good balance of banana, malty black tea, with a hint of creamy coconut. I got more of a coconut sprinkled banana bread rather than pudding. An interesting choice to have two blends with coconut in a row, but they are varied enough for me not to care. Another delicious day counting down the days till Christmas! Am I getting a bit stressed out just thinking about it? Yes. They say tea calms you down, right? continually chugs tea

Check out the full review on my blog: http://itstheteamonster.blogspot.com/2016/12/12-days-of-christmas-day-5.html

Flavors: Baked Bread, banana, Coconut

I wasn’t wowed by this blend (or reblend), but it was a nice afternoon cuppa. I was a bit puzzled to see coconut in the sample bag, but, thankfully, I didn’t get a lot of coconut flavor in my cuppa. Even after cooling for ten-ish minutes, the “pudding” note wasn’t really present. I added a tiny bit of milk and that saved the cuppa for me. I love a good banana tea, and, while this one isn’t among my favorites, it was still a lovely little cuppa with good ripe banana flavor.

Flavors: banana

52Teas

I was a little surprised by the coconut – in the original batch of this tea. I didn’t really get the connection of coconut in a banana pudding BUT since the original blend was popular and what was voted on, I decided to keep the coconut in this. Maybe sometime, I’ll make a ‘banana custard’ which will be like this, only no coconut. :)

apieceofquiche

Banana custard sounds yummy. :)