Banana Pudding Black Tea

Black Fruit Blend
Coconut, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

2 Images

• “Backlog from 2 days ago.. This smelled so familiar when I opened it...and it just came to me what it reminds me of! It's like circus peanuts! Kind of a banana + marshmallow smell. There are...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 766 tasting notes
  • “And that's a sipdown for this one! (164) I oversteeped it so the base is a bit more pronounced, and the banana is more liquorish than I would like, but it is still a nice cup. I haven't ruined it!” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1392 tasting notes
  • “A big thank you to *Courtney* for sending me this tea as part of our swap. I'm so happy to have it back in my cupboard! I had a great big mug of this today, and it was excellent. Lots of banana...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 462 tasting notes
  • “Once I was making Butterscotch Banana, I decided it would be fun to compare my other 52 teas banana tea. Having the two side-by-side, I think I can confidently say I prefer this one. Both are good...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1338 tasting notes

From 52teas

My apologies for the late post this week. I haven’t had access to the Internet most of the week due to an outage. I won’t name names (AT&T), but somebody better get their stuff together, or I’m going to have to switch back to the other guys–who were more expensive but at least reliable. But you don’t want to hear about that…

You want to hear about pudding. Did you know that pudding was created using techniques for making Haggis and blood sausage? Eww. That’s not very appetizing…

Changing gears… Bananas are very yummy, what’s more, they are yellow and shaped funny.

Our Banana pudding flavored tea also has coconut, which some people dislike in pudding because pudding is supposed to be smooth and creamy and who wants shavings of coconut in there? But hey, it’s better in the tea. And I’m feeling a little loopy tonight and rushing to get this posted since it’s already late, but I think you’re all really going to enjoy this blend–mentions of Haggis and coconut aside.

Get yours today at Zoomdweebies.com!

Just $8.99 including shipping to the US!

About 52teas View company

Thanks to KallieBoo! for this sample!

Yummy! I have put off trying teas from 52teas other than through swap because it’s so much tea to get if you wind up hating it! This, however, I could use some more of. I love banana and this tastes creamy and banana-y. The black base is far from overpowering or bitter. I wound up using my full sample in my mug plus some sweetener (just over 2 tsp – 16oz steeping mug). I hope it lasts another round because I want another cup!

This tastes like creamy banana and coconut. It has a distinctive black tea backdrop. I really like it, but I think I will brew it a little longer next time to get a little more flavor.

I brewed this hot using 200°F water and then chilled it overnight. Unfortunately I forgot to set my timer. When I realized this I panicked a little and removed the tea bag to prevent it from becoming bitter. Well, I have no idea how long it brewed for, but I should have let it brew longer because I think the flavors are just a little weak and there is no bitterness.

200 °F / 93 °C

I love banana teas! I would say, next to pumpkin, banana is my favourite tea flavour. This banana tea is good, not my favourite, but good. I found I had to add more agave than normal to get the flavour right for me. I will easily finish my 50g pouch of this, but I don’t know that I would buy it again as there are better banana black teas out there. I think this is mostly due to the pairing with the coconut, which is very faint here. I prefer my banana paired with nuts ;)

It smells like dried banana slices! I like it. The brewed tea tastes like bananas and keeps the strong banana smell too, it’s slightly sweet and the coconut is pretty light. Makes me want pudding to eat too just to match up :)

Day 3- 12 Teas of XMAS

I wasn’t terribly excited about this one, as I’m not a huge fan of banana flavored things.. But it turned out to actually taste pretty decent. There’s a good, creamy banana taste that doesn’t seem artificial. Would I order more? No. But it was an enjoyable flavor.

I’ve had this twice now, and it’s certainly tasty (the banana flavor is noticeable), but it’s not a stand-out delicious tea. The second time I had it with the slightest pinch of sugar (I could see this getting syrupy easily), which helped but I felt like it could use more. I think there’s probably a very exact amount of sugar for this (and I don’t know what that is yet) to make it perfect.

(Sample from silentrequiem. Thanks!)

This tastes very similar to SBT’s monkey fart with a hint of cream….I don’t know why I got both. I guess I’m just a banana fanatic. Say that ten times fast.

It’s got that banana runts flavor, but that’s a good thing in my eyes (mouth?).

Thank you EvaGrimm for the cutest little sample. I was planning on saving it forever but since I’m thinking about getting Bananas Foster, I thought I should first see how 52teas does banana. This is yum, I bet it would be even better with the coconut creamer I learned about from OMGsrsly. This does not remind me of any banana pudding I have ever had, this is more creamy vanilla coconut with a little banana. I love coconut!

EvaGrimm

I’m glad that you like it!

This is a sample from wheezybee! Thank you. :)

It smells like the package says. Like banana pudding. I added some almond milk just to help the illusion.

I steeped almost-3-tsp in 16+ oz water. Yes, it’s a big mug, and it holds more than the advertised 16!

The tea feels kind of coconutty as well. Sweet coconut. Is that what those white pieces were? Coconut?

Surprisingly for me, I really like this tea. Normally fake banana flavours make me cringe, but this reminds me of a banana smoothie. All good. :)

Courtney

I also got coconut from this one!

Courtney

This just reminds me I have Banana & Cream matcha en route. Drool.

OMGsrsly

I checked after I posted, and it has coconut in it. :) So we’re not imagining things! I have matcha en route, but I have no idea what flavours. #excitement :D

Courtney

That is exciting! I may have broken down and ordered the 5+2 deal. It wasn’t really a difficult to convince myself either, more like I opened the website and the next thing I knew I had an email confirmation of the order. :P

OMGsrsly

These are Sil-samples. :) I don’t drink much at all, especially in the winter. I might consider a fruity summer order for breakfast smoothies though.

Courtney

I got Sil-samples in too last week. She is so awesome. That is what started my matcha madness. Combine that with just starting up drinking milk again and this is what happens.

Memily

Everyone* is drinking banana teas lately and I want them. I want them ALL.

*perhaps a slight exaggeration

Starting this Saturday off with a new tea. To me, this tea is more coconut flavored than banana. Thankfully, I got more of the banana to come out when I added a little milk. Still a good cup, just a little more lightly flavored and coconutty than expected. Thank you, VariaTEA for this sample! :)

-Dry blend has medium black tea leaves and twigs with pieces of coconut flakes and small pieces of dried bananas.
-Dry leaves smell lightly of coconut. Tea liquor aroma is of fresh coconut with a hint of sweet banana.
-Tea liquor is a clear medium yellow color.
-Very light fruity banana flavor and finish. Light nutty coconut aftertaste.
-Best with milk and sugar.
-Good tea. A lightly flavored cup. Faint banana flavor. Coconut is more prominent.