Lemon Meringue Chai

Black Chai Fruit Blend
Cardamon, Cinnamon, Cream, Ginger, Lemon, Meringue, Vanilla, Lemon Zest, Cloves, Nutmeg
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

2 Images

From 52teas

Big week this week at Zoomdweebie’s. I’m making up for some lost time last month with tax season and all of that yuckiness. We’ve got this awesome new Tea of the Week and a number of reblends/inventory corrections and later this week TWO new VIT blends!

As for this blend, well, it’s just a bit of heaven in a cup. Our house blended masala chai with lemon myrtle, lemon peel, marshmallow root and all organic flavors. It’s chai with a sweet pucker.

Anybody who thinks chai is just for wintertime hasn’t had a chai like this before. I’m pretty sure this will be a major crowd pleaser. Make it as an iced tea latte for a real special treat.

Get yours today at zoomdweebies.com!

Our Tea of the Week for the Week of April 29, 2013

About 52teas View company

This is very good. It would be just amazing with some soy milk and sweetener. The lemon zest flavor is pretty strong, which I happen to really like. The chai spices are relatively subtle. I don’t know what else to say about this one.

Flavors: Lemon Zest

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

So I’m going to put it out there and say this is a 12 days of Christmas worthy blend. Frank wasn’t lying when he said this was going to be a major crowd pleaser. I think the lemon pairs perfectly with the chai, and this blend could be drinkable on any sunny day at any time of year.

The black base is rich, and the spices mingle well with it. And then, mid-sip, you get a shot of light, delicious, sunny lemon. Which really is highlighted by the cardamom in the tea. I’m sure those who missed out of this one (because it went fast!) will be disappointed because it is one of the best new black 52teas blends that has been released in a while. All the more reason for a reblend in the future.

Aimee Popovacki

this one sounds so interesting… i’m pretty picky about my lemon teas, but it sounds so cool! …. 52 teas is always hit or miss for me lol, they have some really cool sounding blends but the couple I have had from there really came up short!

Fiddling

I wish I could have gotten my hands on a package of this. It sounds so heavenly!

I am more than partial to Chai blends and when I saw this new creation I knew it would be a winner. The initial dry leaves have a wonderful crisp and creamy lemon scent with the aromatic spice blend in the background. Once brewed, the Chai spice is at the forefront with an incredible creamy lemon finish at the back of the palate. The pairing of the savory, spicy Chai against the bright lemon flavor works incredibly well and makes for an indulgent cup. With every sip the flavors seemed to bloom and develop even more layers came through. It’s fortunate that I snapped up a few pouches of this one when it came out as I am already half way through my first pouch. :) In short, if you are a fan of Chai or spice teas you then you can’t go wrong with this tea.

CHAroma

Does this have the same strong Assam base as the recent re-blend of Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish?

Jenniferkovacs

Not to my to my taste buds … but I could be mistaken. I do agree that the base for the Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish was rather strong/bold choice.

After reading the reviews, I opted for a short steep and was careful on how much leaf I used. I didn’t find it too lemony or tart at all. The milk may have dulled that. I did taste the chai part though. I’m interested to see how it steeps up in the future. I got a nice size sample from CrowKettle from the Vancouver meetup earlier in the week. I may see how this one is without milk, though I tend to like chai with milk, so maybe I’ll try the stovetop method also.

Backlogging this from the other day. This is so good! I knew it would be. When I saw the post that this was the tea of the week I had to have it. I love lemon flavored desserts and I love chai. Frank combined the two and voila! Deliciousness ensues! The lemon meringue is perfect compliment to the chai. It balances it out with a really creamy flavor. I haven’t tried it iced yet but I feel this will definitely be a winner iced. :-)

Backlogging:
I’m tasting cloves, cardamom and lemon in this tea. It’s pretty good on it’s own, but since it is a chai I’m going to try it with some milk. I think the milk tones down the spices a little, but doesn’t take the tea to the next level of yum that I was hoping for. I tried playing around with it a few more times, but it just didn’t grow on me any more than the initial cup. I wouldn’t turn my nose up at it, but it isn’t one I’d get again.

I bought this one in my last 52teas order on the advice of a friend since I love chai tea. I really like this blend – the chai spices are really nice (I had yet to try a 52Teas chai, so this was a nice introduction). What makes this blend special is the punch of lemon midway to the end of the sip. It’s not overpowering by any means, but it is certainly present. It’s like dessert in a cup!

One word: WOW!

I love Chai´s and the name of the tea made me buy it. Im so glad I did! Drinking it without any sugar is sweet, I can taste the chai, the lemon and the chiffon meringue on top of it. One of my favorite teas!

I love this tea! It’s lemon-y and marshmallow-y. I actually went and ordered a new package yesterday. Frank re-blended this tea, and I had to wait until payday to order it. It’s one of my favorites, and I’ll be very sad when it is gone.

Flavors: Lemon Zest

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Yum, I somehow managed to make the perfect cup of lemon meringue chai this morning. My previous attempts with it have been alright, at best. I usually wind up with a quite bitter, overly spiced, lemon candy scented brew that somehow lacks body. I was always disappointed with how the super sweet lemon played with the bitter black tea, even with a short steep. It smelled fantastic and complex in the packet, but I couldn’t seem to get a similar flavour out of the actual brew.

This morning, though, it’s tasting exactly how I had hoped it would all along. When I bought it I was thrilled at the prospect of a blend with three of my favourite flavours; lemon meringue, chai spices, and black tea. Pleased to report that those are the exact flavours I’m tasting now, in perfect balance! The lemon is present & creamy-sweet without being overwhelming, the spices are subtle & on point, and the black tea base shines through without a hint of bitterness. This cup also seems less ‘thin’ or watery than my previous ones as well.

I’m suspecting that the culprit in my previous underwhelming experiences with this blend might be due to over leafing, which would explain the bitterness & the overpowering, almost artificial lemon candy vibe I was getting. This time I just put a scant teaspoon at the bottom of my infuser, and steeped for 3 min. I’ll have to try and replicate this to determine whether it was a fluke. Either way, I was pleasantly surprised by the perfection in my mug this morning :)