Cucumber Mango Shou Mei

Fruit White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

2 Images

• “This was Tre's evening tea while there was company over. He also wanted fruit, and since I was making a low temp. tea for Kristina, I pulled this one out for him (half because it was in the kitchen...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1179 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Finished this one at work a couple of days ago, but never seemed to get around to logging it. It's been a lovely tea for summer, and I'll miss it, but I guess it's time to start thinking...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 682 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: My last backlog for this evening. Hopefully, I'll find some time tomorrow to add some more. The dry leaf of this tea smells amazing. Definitely a worthy addition to the Cucumber...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4227 tasting notes
  • “This sort of tastes like a fruity soda, or maybe even limeade. I'm not sure if I can separate the cucumber and mango flavors, but they are pleasant together. The base is smooth, with just a little...” Read full tasting note
    bluebelle 381 tasting notes

From 52teas

Yeah, I’m guilty. I got a little mango crazy this month, but this is the last one (for now). I kept thinking about those yummy cucumber mango salsas and it occurred to me that a nice white tea with some mango and cucumber would make a super refreshing iced tea.

I do tend to think in terms of iced teas most of the time, but I know I’m not alone now that the weather is getting warmer.

I’ve been spending some time lately researching a new project. I don’t want to get ahead of myself or anything, but I was wondering what our faithful followers might think of some cold-brew single-serve teabags that could be slipped into a 20-ounce water bottle? While you think about that, stop on by our website and get some of this awesome tea of the week. Oh, and we’ve got Neapolitan Ice Cream iced tea from Southern Boy Teas back in stock.

Get yours today at Zoomdweebies.com!
Just $8.99 including shipping to the US!

About 52teas View company

This was Tre’s evening tea while there was company over. He also wanted fruit, and since I was making a low temp. tea for Kristina, I pulled this one out for him (half because it was in the kitchen already and half so I could steal the resteep).

I did the same thing with the shotglass for the first cup full (and then loaded it with sugar for him) and mostly I tasted a very clear/crisp mango with some other citrus notes/aspects. Later in the evening I resteeped the leaves and found that there was practically no flavour deterioration. The main difference was that this was a little more vegetal – but in a good, refreshing and “airy” kind of way that definitely strengthened the feel of the cucumber in the tea. The mango/citrus stayed strong as well.

I think I may like this better hot than I liked it cold brewed.

Sipdown! Finished this one at work a couple of days ago, but never seemed to get around to logging it. It’s been a lovely tea for summer, and I’ll miss it, but I guess it’s time to start thinking about autumn/winter teas now. Hopefully there are some equally nice teas ahead!

yay for sipdowns!

Backlog:

My last backlog for this evening. Hopefully, I’ll find some time tomorrow to add some more.

The dry leaf of this tea smells amazing. Definitely a worthy addition to the Cucumber “collection” that 52Teas has. (I still think about the Cucumber Strawberry.)

A very refreshing, delicious, unique blend. Those are words I use often when describing 52Teas blends … and for good reason. No, I don’t love everything they create, but, most of the blends, if nothing else, I really appreciate the uniqueness of them because you aren’t going to find teas like them anywhere.

This sort of tastes like a fruity soda, or maybe even limeade. I’m not sure if I can separate the cucumber and mango flavors, but they are pleasant together. The base is smooth, with just a little bit of a hay note. There’s not much aftertaste; this is a very clean-feeling tea. I don’t think it’s a restock but I’ll have no trouble finishing the sample. Maybe I’ll ice some of it.

TeaTiff

This is one I have been leery to try. This tasting note makes it sound pretty light and enjoyable. By the name I immediately thought hot summer day tea.

bluebelle

It does seem very summery! I’d say it’s worth a try if you can.

I wouldn’t have thought to combine cucumber and mango but boy does it work! This clever pairing is supported by a wonderful Shou Mei base that adds a strong but smooth profile to the blend. Both the cucumber and mango notes are definitely apparent but the mango is at the forefront with the cucumber lingering at the end to entwine all the layers. This tea is absolutely outstanding both warm and over ice – but I give the edge to warm brewed. All in all, if you are looking for a nice refreshing blend for the summer is this one tea you will want to check out!