French Toast

Cinnamon, Baked Bread
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “ugh - so behind on my tasting notes! I had this yesterday prepped at the parameters I normally use for Frank's black teas. It was slightly better this time - I think because I added some milk...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 829 tasting notes
  • “First cup of the morning, from my freshly opened sachet from the 12 Teas of Christmas box. I finished off my full pouch not so long ago, so I can safely say that this is as good as I remember it....” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1088 tasting notes
  • “First off, thank god I am alone in my home because I am pretty sure I look like a psycho. I literally cannot stop smiling as I go through all the surprise teas *MissB* sent my way. There are so...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2080 tasting notes
  • “OK, here's my - man Dex are you ever strange - thought for the day. I don't understand most peoples thoughts on French Toast. I don't get the powered sugar, syrup, heaven forbid whipped cream...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 752 tasting notes

From 52teas

Look ma: No mango this week! Instead, be prepared to be blown away by this new black tea blend. If you love our Pancake Breakfast blend, you’re going to LOVE this. It’s similar to Pancake breakfast, but a little sweeter with some cinnamon, brown sugar, maple syrup and yes, even a touch of butter flavors.

This is like French toast in a cup without the 600 calories you’d expect from some hot French toast drowning in maple syrup and butter. This is a brand new comfort tea and I imagine it’s going to go FAST.

Get yours today at Zoomdweebies.com!
Just $8.99 including shipping to the US!

Our Tea of the Week for the Week of
May 27, 2013

About 52teas View company

This morning I had to decide which of my new teas to have with breakfast, so why not one that already sounds like breakfast itself?

The dry blend smells like maple syrup, cinnamon, and sugar. It does remind me of a slice of French toast with all the trimmings! After brewing, I could already smell a strong, clear black tea base, which was a good sign. The flavor of the tea leans more heavily toward cinnamon and brown sugar, more like a snickerdoodle cookie than French toast, but I’m not complaining. The tea base is quite nice—with a bit of peachy sweetness and a strong, malty-bready undertone, giving it more of a toast-like quality. Thanks beelicious for the opportunity to sample some of 52teas’ creative blends!

I think I need to try some of these teas, particularly black blends, with milk…I’m not a big milk drinker but maybe almond milk could be nice!

Fourth tea today. Because I’ve come to the realization that I have too much tea in my stash now, I’m trying to try at least 4 teas a day. More if I start early enough or it’s something that I end up not being able to drink because of reasons. Lol.

Dry I get a cinnamon, spicy, vaguely reminds of french toast. But since I only put sugar and cinnamon on my french toast, I don’t associate maple with it. My Mom puts maple syrup on her’s though. Lol.

So maybe my palate is broken. Or just had it with all the tea I’ve had today because I don’t get french toast out of this at all. All I get is a cinnamon-y, maybe some other spice, tea. No bready/eggy/maple/whatever sort of flavors. I added some brown rock sugar since I felt it might’ve gone better than my usual Truvia and all it did was make it a bit sweeter cinnamon tea. Lol!
I don’t know what to think about this. /frowns/ I’ll probly end up tossing this in my swap/sell bin since I just don’t think this tea is for me.
Thanks Cavocorax for tossing this in for me to try.

(1.5tsp used)

Sarsonator

That’s a shame! I think this is a great concept for a tea. I wonder if anyone else makes something similar! I’d love a good french toast tea!

Shadowfall

It definitely seemed like a good idea for a tea. Still does really and maybe this tea is the best example of it. I’m thinking it’s just me though since everyone else who’s tried this tea seems to get french toast out of it. Lol.

Sarsonator

We’ll I’m definitely with your Mom on the maple syrup & FT. Maybe we should trade :)

Teas, not Moms.

Shadowfall

Lol. You couldn’t have my Mom even if you did want to trade. She’s too awesome. XD
I’d be up for a tea swap if you wanted. Shoot me a message if you want. I’m already following you.

Very nice black tea. I do find it similar to 52 tea’s Cinnamon roll but seeing as they are both cinnamon that isnt too strange I guess :) I has a nice cinnamon and vanilla taste, I cant really taste the toast though. I had mine with milk and rock sugar.

Flavors: Cinnamon

This is another tea I’ve had the pleasure of trying thanks to cavocorax and my wife. I love the concept of this tea, and it comes so close, so close. The cinnamon comes through well, not too strong but it is the dominate note. I do taste bread in the aftertaste but I don’t know if it’s wishful thinking on my part as I don’t know what black tea base was used. With a littl organic sugar I think it would be just about there but otherwise it falls kind of short for me.

Many thanks to cavocorax for the sample! I love pancakes and/or french toast, so when I saw this in the swap bag I was over the moon!!! I can’t wait to compare this to “Pancake Breakfast” from Roswell Strange!

This is a super yummy tea! I don’t get much of the eggy/bread notes other people have mentioned, but I do get some yummy cinnamon right up front! The lingering taste kicks in a more well-rounded french toast vibe.

It makes me want to have breakfast for dinner. But we don’t have eggs or appropriate bread in the house. Guess I’ll go for a resteep instead. I think I might be adventurous and try the maple syrup idea on the resteep!

Wish me luck!

hahaha was this from the vast quantity i gave you cavo? (here’s hoping she reads this)

Sipdown! Yay!

I had to get up at stupid o’clock this morning to take hubby to the airport. He’s off to San Fran covering Macworld for work…but he is back on Saturday, so not too long. Anyway…on to the tea.

So I had a mediocre experience with this one the first time I tried it, but had read that some people found it better with milk, so I said that next time I would do it with milk too…

So, it worked! It is MUCH BETTER with milk. I could actually taste more french toast flavours. Hoorah! So I’m upping the rating, since it is way better with milk.

Thanks to VariaTEA for letting me try this one! It’s a nice morning tea, with milk.

VariaTEA

Glad you found a way to enjoy it :)

Amariel

Yes, thanks! It was really tasty with the milk. It was transformed!

I love when Tre leaves for the evening; it gives me the laptop so I don’t get backlogged and is the only time I can get away with making copious amounts of breakfast food in nothing but my underwear.

So, tonight’s meal is maple syrup sweetened scrambled eggs and waffles with French Toast tea, Pumpkin Milkshake tea, and some orange punch with club soda! Maybe some hashbrowns and cheese later on…

It might be because I’m in a huge breakfast mood, but this tea is hitting the spot perfectly for me right now! It’s eggy, with nutmeg and a breadiness to it, and even some maple sweetness – which really compliments the 52Teas black base. I like it a lot better than Pancake Breakfast (which I sadly have a lot more of). The next cup of this one is a sipdown…

Thanks Lala for the sample so I could compare the two!

Also, Frank’s killing me with these new blends! Passion Fruit Banana with a white base? Gimme! Ugh. The tribulations of being broke.

Courtney

Haha! We just made eggs, taters, and sausage for supper.

Hmm. This has a lot of black tea flavor and brewed up quite dark in just two minutes. There is some french toast flavor in there—cinnamon, bread, and even some eggy tang—but it’s overshadowed by the base. Maybe a lower temperature would do it some good. Not a bad cup, but I’ll need to play with it some more.