All Citrus

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

2 Images

• “Backlog: OK, so I'm getting there ... slowly ... I'll get caught up eventually, I tell you! I wasn't all that excited over this citrus blend from 52Teas, I mean, who doesn't have a citrus...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4231 tasting notes
  • “Really? I've not logged a tasting note for this? I am doing a slight cleanout of teas (since I am now WAY too far above my 75 teas or less rule) and found that this one has zero notes. I drink...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 770 tasting notes
  • “The dry and brewed tea smell very similar to Mountain Dew. On first taste of the hot tea, it is very blah. It is a black tea with some kind of lemoney, orange-y taste but there is not much black...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 709 tasting notes
  • “I was in need of an extra boost this morning and this tea was just calling to me. Given all of the citrus flavors I was surprised at how well they all worked together. At first sip the lemon and...” Read full tasting note
    Jenniferkovacs 65 tasting notes

From 52teas

So, hopefully our email system works this week. Last week seems to have been plagued with technical difficulties, but I think all is well now.

Of course, a big icy tumbler of this Tea of the Week is enough to take the edge off a lot of stress, at least it is for me. This week’s blend has our premium black teas with lemon and orange peels, lemon balm, lemon verbena, lemon myrtle, freeze-dried orange, freeze-dried pineapple, lemongrass and all organic flavors including: lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit and pineapple.

What’s that? pineapple isn’t a citrus fruit? Humbug. Call it an exercise of my tea blending poetic license. Pineapple counts as citrus fruit for this blend, and it adds just the right touch of sweetness to the other citrus flavors.

Get yours today at Zoomdweebies.com!
Just $8.99 including shipping to the US!

Find all of our currently available inventory HERE:

About 52teas View company

Backlog:

OK, so I’m getting there … slowly … I’ll get caught up eventually, I tell you!

I wasn’t all that excited over this citrus blend from 52Teas, I mean, who doesn’t have a citrus tea, right? but, even though this is no ordinary citrus blend, I still kind of felt “meh” about the idea of a citrus tea from 52Teas. Where’s the excitement, Frank?

But I changed my mind about this tea after I tasted it because it’s really quite lovely. The fruit notes are sweet, tart, and I really like the pineapple in this. It adds a really interesting note to the cup. The black tea is smooth and stands up well to the flavors.

Another great one to serve iced!

Really? I’ve not logged a tasting note for this?

I am doing a slight cleanout of teas (since I am now WAY too far above my 75 teas or less rule) and found that this one has zero notes. I drink it exclusively iced, using my typical iced tea brewing parameters and sugar ratio (1/4 cup sugar to 1/2 gallon of tea).

The citrus is a nice addition to a black tea, but these flavorings do fall a little artificial to me. Especially now that I’m drinking all the orange Dammann flavorings, which manage to seem so natural. It’s not as bad iced but I could see it maybe being a tad too fake if I tried it hot.

So, iced it is, for the duration of the pouch. Back to cleaning out the tea drawers and figuring out what I can send along, and what I need to throw out…

The dry and brewed tea smell very similar to Mountain Dew. On first taste of the hot tea, it is very blah. It is a black tea with some kind of lemoney, orange-y taste but there is not much black tea or citrus flavour taste. I added a few pieces of brown rock sugar and VOILA! It tastes just like Mountain Dew but without all the sugar. I love Mountain Dew, so I think this tea is going to be a good substitute. Can’t wait to try it iced!

Edit: Made this one iced. Brewed double strength for 3 minutes, added brown rock sugar, then chilled. It actually was not as good iced as I had expected. It still has a bit of Mountain Dew taste but it is very blunted. I would say it is more specifically citrus when iced. I am getting lots of lime and orange, there is some sweetness but it also has a tart finish. Kind of like Sweet Tarts candy. The black base is much more prominent when iced. It adds a bit of spice to the citrus flavours. Still good, but I think I prefer this one hot.

I was in need of an extra boost this morning and this tea was just calling to me. Given all of the citrus flavors I was surprised at how well they all worked together. At first sip the lemon and lime were at the forefront with the orange and pineapple coming through at the back of the palate. With each sip more of the orange flavoring came through and really melded with the lemon. It was an especially busy morning so my tea ended up getting cold on me but wow, the flavor really popped once cooled. This leads me to think that this tea would be incredible iced and I just can’t wait to give it a try. :)

I like this one a lot! I admit, it was the last of my 52teas shipment that I tried, probably because it didn’t have anything catchy about it. But, it’s a great morning tea for me. Nice strong black tea base flavor with citrus aroma/taste/aftertaste. I am already planning another cup.

I can’t pick out individual citrus favors, but I think that’s the point, right? I could see this being really nice iced. Ask me again in July. There might be some left. Or maybe not.

I brewed this for four minutes at boiling, 2t to 11oz. Next time I might try 3.5 minutes to cut the astringency.

52teas

It’s funny to me, but we have the worst sales record with some of our best teas, just because they are not something outrageous like some baked good or breakfast cereal. LOL. Every once in a while someone asks me why we don’t have just a raspberry tea or a peach tea, and I always laugh at the idea of it. I know we could make awesome teas like that, but very few of our regular customers would buy them because they are too simple.

Marzipan

I think the crazy tea thing is just your niche. I am very quickly becoming a big fan!

I unfortunately made the mistake of putting honey in this tea without tasting it plain first. Lesson learned: honey in black tea does not suit my taste. I will not be rating this tea at this time, nor will I describe the taste. I do, however, love the strong citrus smell of the dry leaves, a good combination of lemon and lime overtones with an orange undertone. The lemongrass adds a very nice touch. While each scent is strong in their own right, none is overpowering.