Apple Cardamom Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “This has been neglected on my shelf at work for a long time, so I pulled the bag out on friday and gave it another try. I like this one with soy milk -- it adds a nice creaminess, and tones down...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1052 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: I'm not usually all that excited when 52Teas announces a rooibos blend ... although many of them that Frank has created I've really enjoyed. I guess there's just some sort of automatic...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4550 tasting notes
  • “SO! This one came in the mail today, along with two others, and even though it's a red rooibos, I just had to tear it open and have a go at it. I'm currently on a very brief but very strict diet...” Read full tasting note
    teataku 194 tasting notes
  • “I wanted so much to like this one, but I just don't. If I'm being completely honest, it's because I don't care for rooibos unless the taste of rooibos is almost 100% masked. Otherwise it just...” Read full tasting note
    dischord 104 tasting notes

From 52teas

Well, I’m in Fort Worth, Texas tonight, hanging out at my dad’s place. I’m attending a 2-day restaurant marketing seminar here and crashing on my dad’s sofa. I was hoping to get more answers to my concerns about re-opening the tea bar. The truth is I’m probably going to come away with more questions than answers, but that’s the way it goes.

Fortunately for you guys, I already blended up this week’s Tea of the Week. It’s a caffeine-free African rooibos with freeze-dried apple, cardamom, and organic flavors.

It’s been a while since we did a rooibos blend, but I think the sweet apple and uniquely spicy cardamom go well with the caffeine-free redbush. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, and I hope you order a bunch of it, so I’ll have gas money to get back from Ft. Worth. (Just kidding! …sort of.)

Get yours today at Zoomdweebies.com!
Just $8.99 including shipping to the US!

About 52teas View company

This has been neglected on my shelf at work for a long time, so I pulled the bag out on friday and gave it another try. I like this one with soy milk — it adds a nice creaminess, and tones down the cardamom enough so that I can actually taste the apple. Without any additions, I find it much too overpowering. Milk and sugar are the way to go here. I do like a nice apple tea, so this is one I’ll have to try not to forget about so much in future.

teataku

Glad to hear that tip about adding milk, since I ordered this one a few days ago. :)

Backlog:

I’m not usually all that excited when 52Teas announces a rooibos blend … although many of them that Frank has created I’ve really enjoyed. I guess there’s just some sort of automatic response to rooibos.

That said, this was a really tasty blend. The apple and cardamom make great flavoring for the nutty taste of the rooibos. A really good autumnal blend.

SO! This one came in the mail today, along with two others, and even though it’s a red rooibos, I just had to tear it open and have a go at it. I’m currently on a very brief but very strict diet that does not allow caffeine, so I’ll have to set the other teas aside until it’s over, but I can have this one! The diet’s working splendidly, so I’d hate to cheat, much as it pains me every time I pass my tea shelf. I need to take some time to separate out the teas I can have, so I won’t have to peruse the whole lot every time I want a cuppa.

Anyhow, the initial brew smells very much of rooibos, with a great deal of enticing apple scent, which is good! There’s maybe a hint of cardamom, but not a whole lot. Surprising, since there were two pods in my steeper. Oh well.

I didn’t sweeten this one, because after the first few sips, I didn’t feel it really needed it. The apple is coming through just fine. I don’t find the red rooibos flavor as offensive as I normally do. I took the advice of a fellow Steepster and added some almond milk, but it doesn’t seem to have made much of a difference. Maybe it would have if I had sweetened it? Dunno. I will have to play around with this one. However, my first impression is very complimentary!

I wanted so much to like this one, but I just don’t. If I’m being completely honest, it’s because I don’t care for rooibos unless the taste of rooibos is almost 100% masked. Otherwise it just tastes like sticks at the end of the my cuppa which is extremely unpleasant. The best part about this tea, in my opinion, was the strong apple flavour. That I could get behind – it was delicious. However, the cardamom and the rooibos… I don’t know how to explain, but it just didn’t work for me. Next time, gadget!