Rootbeer Float Black Tea

Marshmallow Root, Organic Flavours, Premium Black Teas
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

2 Images

• “I have to give this credit for being one of the most accurate to smell teas I've ever had. It smells like root beer down to the carbonation. I made this extra strong due to not thinking...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 779 tasting notes
  • “Day 2 of 52 teas 12 days of Christmas. I should have known this would happen but I didn't think it all the way through before I purchased this set of teas. I have had this tea before and ...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 753 tasting notes
  • “and just as quickly as this tea arrives in my mail box it is gone with our youngest. sigh. truth be told i mostly got it for him anyway... i was snooping to see what 52teas was releasing this week...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 376 tasting notes
  • “Out of all the Christmas samples I received from 52 teas, this was the one I was most excited to try. Actually no, I take that back-I was most excited about banana pudding, and that excitement was...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 450 tasting notes

From 52teas

There is nothing like a rootbeer float, especially one made with some real draft rootbeer like they have at A&W. I really hope they don’t sue me for using their image, but when I think of rootbeer floats, that’s all I can think of. If you’ve never had draft rootbeer from an A&W restaurant, you’ve never really had rootbeer. And a rootbeer float from A&W… well, let’s just say there’s a reason I really need to go on a diet.

This special blend of premium black teas, marshmallow root and organic flavors comes close enough to the real thing that for zero calories, I’ll be drinking this all day when I’m not saving calories for the real thing.

About 52teas View company

Oh man this was worth the wait. As soon as the hot water hit the dry leaf the smell was AHHHMAZING.

I added just a little milk and had it iced. I think I’m gonna cut the time by 15-30 seconds next time though. The black tea got just a tad harsh for the delicious flavors of root beer. Maybe a touch of sugar too, to make it really decadent. But I guess doing that is more of an after dinner drink than one you have with dinner!

Lately the only root beer I have had has been “chai inspired” and it’s a nice change of pace to have a root beer tea, it’s actually very different. I also like how the marshmallow root gave the flavor and scent of ice cream to the tea.

I had tried to hold off on this one and I’m glad I failed even though again I am in this horrible I need money spot. I wish school would start already. Feels weird to say that. I also took too long to get stuff done and now I don’t even know when my school will approve my federal aid. I’m trying to see how much I get before I apply for my private loan but I already got turned down for one and I’m feeling really depressed about money.

Additionally I haven’t felt like tea lately because I get so much coffee at work. And I really want to narrow down my teas a lot, but this time I want to do it differently. For $27, I’ll fill up a priority mail medium flat rate box of teas for you. If you’re interested, send me a PM. It’d be easier if I just filled a box than go through everything making wishy washy decisions. It’ll only be in the US though because shipping that box to Canada is like $40 alone. And honestly I just don’t want to look at drinks anymore and I don’t want to waste this tea so I want it to go to a good home. I’m just not feeling much of anything anymore I guess, except oddly now I keep drinking coffee but I’m sure that’s the result of being in the midst of having more opening hours at work than even the manager! Ugh my body hurts.

momo

also I’m trying to clear out old stuff from my etsy store at 25% off if anyone is interested…I’ve been bothering people about it for 2 days and have had zero sales go figure. some of it’s coming up on being around since the start so I reeeeeally want to clear it out!

JustJames

mine says it’s been sorted at the post office…..IT’S NOT HERE YET THOUGH!!!!!!

RogersCK

I’m interested in getting some of your teas off your hands. Following you.

Day 2 of the 12 days of Christmas. I probably would not have ordered this for myself, so I am glad that I got to try it in this box!
It was ok hot, but cold is where this tea shines (who likes hot root beer anyway?). It tastes very much like root beer. There is also the ice cream with sweet vanilla. Delicious tea. I might pick some up in the summer as an iced tea if it’s available sometime.

On the second day of Christmas, 52 Teas gave to me…Rootbeer Float!

This is actually a new one on me, although I have a whole unopened pouch in my stash. I was saving it for next summer, but I guess now I get to try it anyway.

The dry leaf smells a little odd…it’s a pretty genuine rootbeer scent, I think, although there’s something a little musty about it. Hopefully that won’t translate into the taste!

Fortunately, it doesn’t. The root beer taste is actually really accurate, if hard to describe. Liquoricey? Chicory? The marshmallow root adds a lovely, thick creaminess that really does put me in mind of ice cream. The combination is wonderful — sweet creaminess, with the underlying root beer flavour. I drank it black, and I think it’s probably best like this, although I’d like to try it iced in the summer. Fortunately, there’s plenty in my stash to do just that! Probably one of my favourite 52 Teas in a while!

This is a little bit of a catch up, but I’ve been bad lately about writing up my teas. I’ve been going through a costuming craze, and my writing has fallen by the wayside a bit.

Teaware: 16oz glass mug with ForLife infuser
Measured dry: 2 teaspoons
Temperature: 212º F
Steeping Time: 3-1/2min
Additives: 4tsp raw sugar

This came in the 52Teas 12 Days of Christmas set, but we didn’t come close to following the suggested order. At this point we’re just making our way through some of the ones that didn’t spark with us originally.

Jake chose this one yesterday morning, and I think part of the reason I didn’t enjoy it as much as I could have is that I just don’t like the idea of soda in my tea. I think it’s just a personal preference thing, as this did taste a lot like a flat root beer. I didn’t get the creamy aspect as much, but the soda part came through very distinctly.

First tea from the Twelve Days of Christmas sampler. I actually already own this one, but this tea is so good I don’t mind having more. Frank has somehow managed to replicate both the scent and flavour of rootbeer almost perfectly. The tea also has the smooth, creamy flavour of ice cream – helped a bit, I think, by the milk I added.

Excellent tea – so much better than a partridge in a pear tree. ;)

Pleased to see this blend as I contemplated buying it when it was released. Root beer flavored things can be very tasty, but can go wrong if they’re not done right. I love root beer floats & I have a feeling that this one will be tasty! The scent of the dry leaf is of a creamy root beer. I’m always so amazed when a tea can be so accurate in terms of scent!

Sipping… I’m tasting a bit more of the ice cream than the root beer, which is actually just fine with me! It’s smooth, a little bit sweet and has that signature root beer bite. I am finding that shorter steep times with 52Teas seems to bring out a better cup. The tea base isn’t as present or astringent & I can focus on the unique flavors a bit more. Three minutes was my standard, but I’m enjoying these teas around 2 1/2 minutes or so.

This is a very tasty cup of tea. I’m not 100% sold on buying more in the future, but it is indeed very yummy. Twelve Teas of Christmas: Day Two

How does this magic tea not have a tasting yet?

Anyways I broke my tea hiatus and got some more Southern Boy ice teas, a couple of tea flavors (including this one), that swirly blue Ru Kiln cup, and that blue gaiwan that I have been eyeing for a couple of months now. I was planning on buying it after I got all my school stuff straiten out, but with it being on sale plus my $10 coupon I could not resist.

On to the tea flavor. This is pretty much what happens when you use a tea ray on a root beer float. The smell of the dry leaf is intoxicating. It smells like strong fresh root beer. After I brewed it, sweeten it, and put it on ice I was blown away. I wished though I didn’t sweeten it as much as I did. It has a pretty strong natural sweetness to it. The flavor was just so strong and vivid. When I added a touch of creamer it tasted even more like a root beer float; right after it has been a few minuets and the ice cream has melted a bit and formed this creamy bubble broth. I bet this would taste good with some club soda mixed in. I am so glad I sprang for this.

Water: 2 5oz batches combined
Leaf: 1.5 teaspoon
Time: 2:30; 3:00
Sweetener: 3 teaspoons of sugar; though one would probably do.
Cup: 16oz cup with ice

Second day of 12 Days of Christmas. Very nice tea…there are root beers that I don’t like (Barqs), but this tasted very root beer, without whatever flavor I don’t like. Nice tea…I would buy this one. My son, who loves root beer, might like to try this one.

TTBC2 #7

I have never been a fan of rootbeer as I have always found it to taste just awfully artificial. I thought it was because it’s soda. But I guess not. I guess the rootbeer taste is just that because I noticed the same “artificial” note in this tea.

Needless to say, I wasn’t too happy with it. I was hoping for something more gingery, spicy even. But, man, this sure is freakin’ rootbeer soda. Oh, and the “float” part, which I assume should be the ice cream part? I haven’t noticed it.

It has to be said, however, that the base tea tasted really good and was just the right amount of strong. It’s just that the flavoring is not exactly up my alley. I can see someone who is a great rootbeer fan loving this tea to pieces.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
TeaBrat

I know I should stay away from this one too. Root beer = bleh.

Kat_Maria

I would still like to try some other rootbeer blends in the future to see if they can taste a little… different.

The first of the reblends for…. a while now… that I juts plain love. Or, maybe it’s a new tea? I’m having mind melt. Anyway. It’s very good, just like a root beer float, and so much so i think i may need to try this with the Soda Stream.

Fjellrev

Nice to hear. In your opinion, how does it compare to Butiki’s honeybush?

MissB

I thought this one was fuller, probably from the difference in the base. Butiki’s I love too, however this hit it better for me. Well, this time around anyway!

Fjellrev

Ah, I’m impressed to hear that the base shines through here!