Rootbeer Float Black Tea

Marshmallow Root, Organic Flavours, Premium Black Teas
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

2 Images

• “I have to give this credit for being one of the most accurate to smell teas I've ever had. It smells like root beer down to the carbonation. I made this extra strong due to not thinking...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 812 tasting notes
  • “Day 2 of 52 teas 12 days of Christmas. I should have known this would happen but I didn't think it all the way through before I purchased this set of teas. I have had this tea before and ...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 783 tasting notes
  • “and just as quickly as this tea arrives in my mail box it is gone with our youngest. sigh. truth be told i mostly got it for him anyway... i was snooping to see what 52teas was releasing this week...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 379 tasting notes
  • “Out of all the Christmas samples I received from 52 teas, this was the one I was most excited to try. Actually no, I take that back-I was most excited about banana pudding, and that excitement was...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes

From 52teas

There is nothing like a rootbeer float, especially one made with some real draft rootbeer like they have at A&W. I really hope they don’t sue me for using their image, but when I think of rootbeer floats, that’s all I can think of. If you’ve never had draft rootbeer from an A&W restaurant, you’ve never really had rootbeer. And a rootbeer float from A&W… well, let’s just say there’s a reason I really need to go on a diet.

This special blend of premium black teas, marshmallow root and organic flavors comes close enough to the real thing that for zero calories, I’ll be drinking this all day when I’m not saving calories for the real thing.

About 52teas View company

I received this one from the mystery bag split Marzipan, Mandy and I did. Thanks! The dry leaves here actually smell exactly like root beer. No idea how! There is also some marshmallow root that I also love to see, though for a root beer float tea, there probably should have been more. The flavor is definitely root beer, though it is paired with the black tea I’m not fond of. With some flavors, it’s more tolerable though! I’m surprised there isn’t ginger or sarsaparilla in this blend though. There isn’t too much flavor from the mallow root. I don’t mind this one hot like some others, but it would probably be even better cold. I’ll definitely be drinking this tea with dinner or something, when I don’t want to crack open a soda. :D
Steep #1 // just boiled // 45 second steep
Steep #2 // half mug // just boiled // 2-3 min

TTBC2 #7

I have never been a fan of rootbeer as I have always found it to taste just awfully artificial. I thought it was because it’s soda. But I guess not. I guess the rootbeer taste is just that because I noticed the same “artificial” note in this tea.

Needless to say, I wasn’t too happy with it. I was hoping for something more gingery, spicy even. But, man, this sure is freakin’ rootbeer soda. Oh, and the “float” part, which I assume should be the ice cream part? I haven’t noticed it.

It has to be said, however, that the base tea tasted really good and was just the right amount of strong. It’s just that the flavoring is not exactly up my alley. I can see someone who is a great rootbeer fan loving this tea to pieces.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
TeaBrat

I know I should stay away from this one too. Root beer = bleh.

Kat_Maria

I would still like to try some other rootbeer blends in the future to see if they can taste a little… different.

The first of the reblends for…. a while now… that I juts plain love. Or, maybe it’s a new tea? I’m having mind melt. Anyway. It’s very good, just like a root beer float, and so much so i think i may need to try this with the Soda Stream.

Fjellrev

Nice to hear. In your opinion, how does it compare to Butiki’s honeybush?

MissB

I thought this one was fuller, probably from the difference in the base. Butiki’s I love too, however this hit it better for me. Well, this time around anyway!

Fjellrev

Ah, I’m impressed to hear that the base shines through here!

I’m enjoying this one while listening to the Rushmore soundtrack. I was hoping that this would be a little bit sweeter and with more minty bite, but it’s pretty good as is. The flavoring is at a good level for fast consumption.

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 5 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

I tried this from Travelling Tea Box C. It was a bit sweeter than I prefer, but it delivered a root beer taste as promised.