Cotton Candy White Tea

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “Huge thanks to *akgrowngirl* for sharing this with me! I'm missing something with this tea. What am I missing? I'm getting zero cotton candy anything, and I suspect there's some sort of...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1144 tasting notes
  • “Guys...I think I may have a problem. See, it all started with this tea. Frank just HAD to blend another cotton candy tea. Don’t you know I’m broke, Frank? But I allowed myself this one little...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 527 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: YUM! So good. I think I like this one better than black tea version and the iced tea version. The lighter base allows the cotton candy flavors to come through really...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4459 tasting notes
  • “I was excited to see 52 Teas came out with another cotton candy tea - this time in white tea, yay! I am quite fond of white tea. Drank hot, I found the cotton candy flavoring pretty subtle. I...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1056 tasting notes

From 52teas

Premium shou mei white tea with cornflowers and organic flavors.

About 52teas View company

Huge thanks to akgrowngirl for sharing this with me!

I’m missing something with this tea. What am I missing? I’m getting zero cotton candy anything, and I suspect there’s some sort of strawberry flavoring in here, because my lips are burning. Huh? I’ll wait for it to cool, since Steepsterites seem to think that’s the best way to drink this, however as it stands.. I’m about ready to dump it. :(

Fjellrev

I never really got the cotton candy hype.

OMGsrsly

To me, cotton candy just tastes like sugar. The black tea version… tastes like sugar, and therefore cotton candy. :)

Fjellrev

There’s more to cotton candy for me, like an extra strawberry-ish flavour. I should buy some sometime to refresh my memory!

MissB

I love cotton candy. It’s just spun sugar with some element of fruit added to it. So, partially carmelized sugar. I waited until it cooled and still got zero sugar anything out of this, which makes me sad.

OMGsrsly

Interesting… :) I feel a need to hunt down some cotton candy now!

Guys…I think I may have a problem.

See, it all started with this tea. Frank just HAD to blend another cotton candy tea. Don’t you know I’m broke, Frank? But I allowed myself this one little bag because I know it’s going to be awesome. Well, that’s how it starts right? Next thing I know, I’m buying two more packages of this one, three of the SBT iced teas, Turtle Cheesecake Black Tea, and the S’mores Chai re-blend. What have I done??! Oh jeez. I just can’t help myself!! Do they have a Teaophile Anonymous? ‘Cause I think I need to go.

Why did this tea have to be so good??? My initial reaction upon sniffing the dry leaf was, “Hmm, this is a weird chicken.” The dry leaf aroma is weird. The brewed tea aroma is weird. The taste? A little weird. LOL! The aftertaste is sweet, melt-in-your-mouth, spun sugar! But while the tea is on the tongue, it’s mostly white tea with some added component I can’t quite describe. The aftertaste is perfect cotton candy though.

The second steep for 3 minutes was really tasty too. The cornflower is more apparent, while the cotton candy flavor is softer. And the white base is simply beautiful! This is heaven in a cup. No bitterness or astringency at all! I probably do like the black base better, but not by much. Let’s face it, Frank could add cotton candy to just about anything and I’d drink it.

I also find that I can drink this tea like water. It goes down super smooth, and I can imagine this being divine iced. I’m really sad each pouch has only an ounce. It seems like very little tea. (Thus, the spontaneous shopping spree on the 52teas website to buy a couple more bags). Y’all better hurry up and purchase this before there’s none left! And at the rate I’m shopping…that’s very little time indeed.

haha i was really tempted by the turtle cheesecake and the smores chai….must. resist.

Ze_Teamaker

It’s ok. One does not simply resist buying a few of Franks teas; it really is hard to just get one flavor.

Backlog:

YUM! So good. I think I like this one better than black tea version and the iced tea version. The lighter base allows the cotton candy flavors to come through really deliciously.

It’s sweet and deliciously candy-like but I don’t find it cloying.

One of Frank’s best.

I was excited to see 52 Teas came out with another cotton candy tea – this time in white tea, yay! I am quite fond of white tea.

Drank hot, I found the cotton candy flavoring pretty subtle. I think if I had this tea without knowing what it was, I would of picked it as a white with a bit of sugar in it but not cotton candy. Adding additional sweetener helped pick out the sugaryness in the blend.

However, once I tried Cotton Candy White iced – I found it! Liquid, sugary spun sweet! Pretty cool! I like it, and it totally filled my sugar cravings. I wish there was a little more to it, maybe a berry flavoring or something, but overall a pretty neat blend that I will only drink iced.

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/2013/09/05/cotton-candy-white-tea-from-52-teas-tea-review/
(picture evidence of massive cotton candy)

Iced
OMGsrsly

Mmm, cotton candy. :) I completely forgot to get some when I went to the PNE.

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

Oooh I love the PNE! Ahh, miss Vancouver.

I steeped 1.5 tsp at 85 degrees for 3.5 minutes. It was really good, sweet kinda strawberry and a little hint of the white tea. I will have to try a shorter steep next time. I am going to hold off my rating until then

Steep Information:
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: berry, sweet, hint vegetal
Steeped Tea Smell:sweet berry, hints floral and vegetal
Flavor: vegetal, sweet, floral at the end of the sip
Body: Light
Aftertaste: sweet berries
Liquor: translucent light honey yellow brown

Post-Steep Additives:
raw sugar
slightly more berry

Rating: 2/4 leaves

blog http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2013/09/52teas-loose-leaf-white-tea-cotton.html

I had my parents over for the weekend and my dad chose this as the tea he wanted to try so I had some with him as I hadn’t tried it yet either. When I took my first sip sans sweetener I told my dad I had ruined it as there wasn’t much flavour and it was a tad vegetal. But he asked to try a sip and he said he liked it so I poured both our cups. I added agave to mine as I always do and that seemed to improve the flavour. But as the cup cooled, something magical happened. This tea is amazing. It’s a very subtle flavour, I usually like mine strong, but it totally works. It’s mostly sweet with a hint of cotton candy. Love it.

I am with Miss B…I am getting “0” cotton candy with this
just plain sweet..

TTBC Rd2

This is an interesting, subtle little tea. I’m not picking up the cotton candy flavours as thoroughly as I’d like, but it still took to sweetener rather nicely. My main complaint is just that it has a bit of an astringent aftertaste and leaves your mouth feeling dry.

Nice enough, but not something I’d want to drink again. Back in the TTB it goes.

Sadly this is almost gone :( I had a cup while catching up on Etsy orders. It’s sweet and light. Like cotton candy :P Very smooth flavor and I think it fits with the white tea base.