OYGFIB?*

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “Backlog: OK, I'm seldom "excited" to try a rooibos blend, and even though Frank is a genius when it comes to blending I can't say that even his rooibos blends are something that elicits...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes
  • “Yeah, this blend does seem a little bananas. Orange, banana, rooibos? Eh... I won't say no to a banana blend from 52Teas anyway! But they have so many banana blends I wouldn't necessarily go...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1340 tasting notes

From 52teas

*Orange you glad Frank is bananas?

It’s true, I might be a little crazy. That twinkle in my eyes could very well be the sun shining in through my ears. But hey, my insanity might just be a great gift to the tea-drinking world. Like this week, in which I’ve created this awesome blend of caffeine-free African Rooibos with freeze-dried oranges and bananas and organic flavors. It’s a lip-smacking, tongue-tickling, tangy sweet treat. So again, I’ll ask, orange you glad Frank is bananas? Get yours today.

See everything we currently have in stock at http://www.zoomdweebies.com/Available-NOW_c_32.html

About 52teas View company

Backlog:

OK, I’m seldom “excited” to try a rooibos blend, and even though Frank is a genius when it comes to blending I can’t say that even his rooibos blends are something that elicits excitement from me.

That said, I still received this tea as part of my subscription, so I gave it a try. And it’s not bad. It tastes a lot like a smoothie. If you drink it warm, it tastes like a warm smoothie which is a little weird, so this is one that I think tastes better iced, if for no other reason than the smoothie aspect of it.

The orange dominates, the banana is a little less distinguished. A casual sip gives off a flavor that is kind of creamy like a banana but not a definite banana taste. When I slurp, the banana is stronger. I think that this blend would benefit with a little vanilla, just to enhance that smoothie thing.

Good … I enjoyed it.

Yeah, this blend does seem a little bananas. Orange, banana, rooibos? Eh… I won’t say no to a banana blend from 52Teas anyway! But they have so many banana blends I wouldn’t necessarily go for this one. The dry leaf is super strong scented. It’s mostly rooibos but one fruit piece went into a T-Sac. It’s supposed to have both oranges and banana pieces. The flavor isn’t bad… equal parts sweet orange and sweet banana… I think the orange should at least be tangy to counteract the sweet banana. Maybe this one would be interesting iced.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 tsp // couple min after boiling // 1 1/2 min steep