Candy Corn Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

From 52teas

Our Tea of the Week for the Week of
September 23, 2013

We’re a little late this week, but with good reason. Every once in a while we get a suggestion from a customer that’s just so full of awesome that I have to kind of put aside some of my other plans and work up a suggested blend. This is one of those weeks.

Our friend Sweet Canadian on Steepster recently started a thread about how cool it would be to have a Candy Corn flavored tea. Well, Sweet Canadian, I agree, and I think it’s important that we make it available NOW so our friends up north can get this tea in time for Halloween. So, this week’s tea combines our amazing premium black teas with real candy corns and organic flavors. I had to work at it a bit, but found just the right mix of marshmallow, caramel and honey flavors, and it tastes JUST LIKE candy corn.

I made a bit extra of this blend because I know there is already some interest for it on Steepster and I thought some of you might want to give some out to select trick-or-treaters or steep it up for your Halloween parties, but don’t drag your feet. This one is going to go fast. Get yours today at www.zoomdweebies.com

About 52teas View company

Backlog:

Yum! I loved this. This tastes like candy corn! All that’s missing is the waxy sort of texture and taste that you get from the candy when you bite into it. But since I’m sipping … I don’t really miss that. I’d much rather drink the tea than eat the candy, I think! I don’t really like how that wax feels against my teeth after I’ve eaten a few candy corns! I can usually eat like a handful, but after that, I have to stop because that waxy thing gets to me. But this … this is YUM!

Sweet and perfect for Halloween. Frank hit the nail on the head with this one.

9/12 teas of Christmas, 2013

I knew this one was in the box from the clue dropped on the thread a while back. Vanilla, caramel candy corn tea, with a nippy and syrupy sweet finish. I like these types of candy in small doses, which makes it easier to resist plucking all five pieces from the dry blend (I only took one).

I’ll try to write something more interesting later.

Traveling Tea Box C #8
I have to say I’m not a fan of candy corn whatsoever. I know I know… How’s that possible, but since I was little just the smell made me gag. But I actually really enjoyed this teA. It was a naturally sweet tea:) the candy corn disintegrated right away which is probably what made it sweet. It was a nice touch for dessert:)

TeaKlutz

I don’t think you’re alone; I love candy corn, but I know some people who can’t stand it! There’s a comedian named Lewis Black who does a segment about candy corn and how nasty it is.

Stephanie

I’m with ya. Candy corn BLEH!

TeaBrat

I hate candy corn so I would not be a good candidate for this tea!

BrewTEAlly Sweet

Yay I’m not alone!!!

I’m not necessarily keen on candy corn, but Fiance is. I had to hide this package from him so he wouldn’t eat the pieces out of it!

1.5 tsp/8 oz water, 2 oz milk, frothed, 1 tsp sugar.

Another one perfect for milk and sugar. The candy corn melts right into the cup, making a really honey-vanilla-sweet cup. But being that candy corn, is, well, super sweet I think it takes a little extra sugar to make it candy corn instead of a wild honey flavored cup. I wish I had dug into it before Halloween, but now that I have, I don’t think it’s going to last too long.

Hmm….I wasn’t expecting so many black teas in this box, I thought there would be more variety. There has only been one honeybush, and all the rest have been blacks. Oh well, I am liking the surprise of scratching the bag to find out what the tea of the day is!

I didn’t expect this tea to have such large candy corn candies. I don’t mind candy corn, but I don’t think that I would go out of my way to find it or anything. This tea though, is pretty good. It is sweet and fun. Too bad I didn’t have this on Halloween. I don’t think I would order a bag though.

Let me tell you, Frank got my idea spot on. I think this is up there as one of my favorite teas of all time. Its great iced, its great as a latte, its great straight. Its smooth and sweet. I love it so much I am ordering a second pouch :) Because I couldn’t bear it if he ran out.

ashmanra

Hooray! I am so glad you like it! It is great, isn’t it? :)

52teas

So happy you are enjoying it. Thanks for the idea!

Sweet Canadian

No problem Frank! I just put in an order for more because I was worried you’d sell out before I could get my hands on some. And I also ordered a ton of Southern Boy Iced teas, two of which I will be sending to my best friend in Australia :)

Lucky tea #13 from Traveling Tea Box C

This is a fun and very sweet way to kick off another day of tea box sampling! I get the candy corn flavor in a mild way – it’s not in your face, but it does make its presence known.

This was offered as a freebie with my last 52teas order. I don’t like candy corn to begin with because I find them to be too sickeningly sweet, but I thought I might like this one anyway. I didn’t find this to be as true to flavor as other 52teas blends, but it wasn’t bad. I discovered that the candy corn had melted when the tea was brewed, and the last cup in the pot was sweet because of this. If you don’t want sugar in your tea, remove the candy corn pieces prior to brewing…! I didn’t give this a rating because I horribly over-leafed it, so I’ll rate it once I properly brew a cup or pot of it.

TTBC

This is literally candy corn in a cup its so good. And I am obsessed with candy corn, my mom sent me a care package with a 5 pound bag of candy corn. if 52teas is having any kind of black friday/cyber monday deal i will deff be ordering some of this from them…. who am i kidding i will probably end up ordering some anyway :)

Backlog! Had this at our tea party and everyone loved it. Sweet with a nice black base. :)