Candy Corn Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

From 52teas

Our Tea of the Week for the Week of
September 23, 2013

We’re a little late this week, but with good reason. Every once in a while we get a suggestion from a customer that’s just so full of awesome that I have to kind of put aside some of my other plans and work up a suggested blend. This is one of those weeks.

Our friend Sweet Canadian on Steepster recently started a thread about how cool it would be to have a Candy Corn flavored tea. Well, Sweet Canadian, I agree, and I think it’s important that we make it available NOW so our friends up north can get this tea in time for Halloween. So, this week’s tea combines our amazing premium black teas with real candy corns and organic flavors. I had to work at it a bit, but found just the right mix of marshmallow, caramel and honey flavors, and it tastes JUST LIKE candy corn.

I made a bit extra of this blend because I know there is already some interest for it on Steepster and I thought some of you might want to give some out to select trick-or-treaters or steep it up for your Halloween parties, but don’t drag your feet. This one is going to go fast. Get yours today at www.zoomdweebies.com

About 52teas View company

I’ve had this for a couple of months, but I was using it for the Secret Pumpkin swaps and didn’t try it myself.

I was a little put off by the smell of this dry, so I didn’t have high hopes. Steeped, it does remind me of candy corn. The bit of sweetness around the entire mouth is weird but so accurate. I’m not sure it’s something that I’ll want very often (similar to candy corn strangely enough), but I’m happy to say that it isn’t bad.

3 tsp + sweetener in 16oz steeping mug. I think maybe I overleafed actually. Will try again.

Maybe I’m wrong but it seems like there’s a greater proportion of black teas in the X-mas sampler this year than there was last year. Not that I’m complaining as I’m quite fond of most of Frank’s black tea blends. :D

I was a bit skeptical of this tea at first as I didn’t think candy corn was a flavour that could be replicated well or accurately. Good thing I was wrong. The tea really does taste like the candy – vanilla and sugary sweetness with a hint of caramel – no additional sweetener needed! The candy corn bits dissolved nicely – it’s a bit of a pet peeve when supposedly dissolvable candies and other additives don’t break down and end up thrown away in the bottom of your strainer.

I’ve already got quite a few candy-flavoured teas so I’m not sure I’d buy a whole pouch of this blend, but I wouldn’t say no to this tea if it was offered to me. ;)

This. Is. Amazing. I was thinking that this could go either way – it could be really good or really terrifying. Luckily, it’s totally the former. When I smelt the tea, I was sceptical. It gave me the same feeling as DTs Salted Caramel – a tea I don’t personally care for. Regardless of my intital feelings, I decided to brew a cup, and it was phenomenal. I couldn’t believe it tasted JUST like candy corn. Delicious and sweet, almost like honey.

Absolutley delicious! The aroma is to die for. I just recently found Zoomdweebie’s, 52 Teas? and I just love the small batch gourmet approach this company takes. From the quality of the large tea flakes (not the crushed powder the large brands offer) to the large pieces of in this case real Candy Corn really sets them apart. Hot or Cold this tea is so downright delicious I am drooling just thinking about it. Just ordered two more pouches and hope they keep this blend in stock year round!

I got a fun box of samples from Kallieboo today, and it had FIVE varieties of 52teas in it (along with some other stuff). This was the first one I reached for. My sample didn’t actually have any candy corn in it, so I’m sure having that melted into the tea would have contributed to the flavor.

It was early afternoon, still in the “black tea zone” for me, so right after lunch I made this. Hot, I it’s a nice black. I didn’t get any candy corn taste (again, maybe because the candy was missing). I get it a little more cold though. I wish I had some candy corn lying around the house that I could add to this just to see if that would make a big difference. But either way, I enjoyed the tea.

In other news, I have had a migraine for a day and a half, and in the hour it took me to drink this tea, it went away. Not even kidding.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 11 OZ / 325 ML
Cheri

The answer to your migraine is obviously drink more tea. ;) If only it were so easy to get rid of migraines. When I get the full blown migraine, I have to go in a darkened room, and sometimes full dark room, and just sit without moving. BLAH! I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better.

Marzipan

It was the fourth cup of black today. It might be magic :)

carol who

Caffeine does seem to help if i remember. One of the few good things about menopause ( for me, anyway) :D

So, if you love candy corn, this is probably a tea you want to try. Me? This is my first experience with it, and I must admit it’s just too sweet for me. My son has picked out all of the (huge) chunks of candy corn in the brew and is currently sucking on one like a lollipop as I sip this and enjoy it as much as I can. It’s zero fault of Frank – this really is very accurate – it’s just too sweet for my tastes. It does have a thick, honey-like feel to the tea, which surprised me, with a touch of bitterness at the end as it cools. Higher rating because it’s definitely accurate and well-done, it’s just something I’ll pass on to others.

N, my six-year-old: “Mommy, what is your destiny?”
Me: “I’m not sure yet honey”.
N: “MY destiny is candy corn!”

Thanks to Frank at 52Teas for this freebie package with my last order!

Flavors: Honey

Ysaurella

how cute :)

gmathis

This sounds like a child not to be messed with!

Suziqzer

That’s a kid that knows what they want :)

OMGsrsly

I totally support your son in his choice of destiny. Candy corn is so good (so sweet, but so good).

Thanks EvaGrimm for sending a sample of this awhile back. It looked like so much fun, I could almost not bear to use it up.

I wanted a black tea this morning, and decided on this one. My old is subsiding, finally, so hope I get accurate taste on this one.

I dry leaf smells sweet and vanilla. Steeped I get sweet honey vanilla, not exactly candy corn, but good. As it cools I get more vanilla and less honey.

I could see this being a great blend in the Fall with apple pie, and other Fall treats.

Flavors: Honey

Boiling

oh gawd guise i’ve been so MIA!

i’ve been setting up my standing desks at home and work and restructuring my entire life from the ground up in slow motion.
it takes a long time.
(and swappers, hi, ya you, i swear i’m putting your boxes together tonight. i swearit.)

i drank this tea on sunday as my roommates and i embarked on a house cleaning day.
cleaning day went awesomely but this tea was kinda lame. just flat.
but i’m glad to see so many other people got a kick out of it!
cuz if nothing else, tea should be fun :)
CAN DEEEEE!

thanks to Eva for swapping this with me so i could try it!

Fjellrev

Nice to see you back!

OMGsrsly

Whee standing desks! I look forward to reading about how awesome they are. :D

Day 9- 12 Teas of XMAS

Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I loved opening up a Halloween themed tea! This is good, it captures the taste of candy corn pretty well, and is very sweet.