Candy Corn Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

From 52teas

Our Tea of the Week for the Week of
September 23, 2013

We’re a little late this week, but with good reason. Every once in a while we get a suggestion from a customer that’s just so full of awesome that I have to kind of put aside some of my other plans and work up a suggested blend. This is one of those weeks.

Our friend Sweet Canadian on Steepster recently started a thread about how cool it would be to have a Candy Corn flavored tea. Well, Sweet Canadian, I agree, and I think it’s important that we make it available NOW so our friends up north can get this tea in time for Halloween. So, this week’s tea combines our amazing premium black teas with real candy corns and organic flavors. I had to work at it a bit, but found just the right mix of marshmallow, caramel and honey flavors, and it tastes JUST LIKE candy corn.

I made a bit extra of this blend because I know there is already some interest for it on Steepster and I thought some of you might want to give some out to select trick-or-treaters or steep it up for your Halloween parties, but don’t drag your feet. This one is going to go fast. Get yours today at www.zoomdweebies.com

About 52teas View company

I’ve had this for a couple of months, but I was using it for the Secret Pumpkin swaps and didn’t try it myself.

I was a little put off by the smell of this dry, so I didn’t have high hopes. Steeped, it does remind me of candy corn. The bit of sweetness around the entire mouth is weird but so accurate. I’m not sure it’s something that I’ll want very often (similar to candy corn strangely enough), but I’m happy to say that it isn’t bad.

3 tsp + sweetener in 16oz steeping mug. I think maybe I overleafed actually. Will try again.

Maybe I’m wrong but it seems like there’s a greater proportion of black teas in the X-mas sampler this year than there was last year. Not that I’m complaining as I’m quite fond of most of Frank’s black tea blends. :D

I was a bit skeptical of this tea at first as I didn’t think candy corn was a flavour that could be replicated well or accurately. Good thing I was wrong. The tea really does taste like the candy – vanilla and sugary sweetness with a hint of caramel – no additional sweetener needed! The candy corn bits dissolved nicely – it’s a bit of a pet peeve when supposedly dissolvable candies and other additives don’t break down and end up thrown away in the bottom of your strainer.

I’ve already got quite a few candy-flavoured teas so I’m not sure I’d buy a whole pouch of this blend, but I wouldn’t say no to this tea if it was offered to me. ;)

This. Is. Amazing. I was thinking that this could go either way – it could be really good or really terrifying. Luckily, it’s totally the former. When I smelt the tea, I was sceptical. It gave me the same feeling as DTs Salted Caramel – a tea I don’t personally care for. Regardless of my intital feelings, I decided to brew a cup, and it was phenomenal. I couldn’t believe it tasted JUST like candy corn. Delicious and sweet, almost like honey.

Absolutley delicious! The aroma is to die for. I just recently found Zoomdweebie’s, 52 Teas? and I just love the small batch gourmet approach this company takes. From the quality of the large tea flakes (not the crushed powder the large brands offer) to the large pieces of in this case real Candy Corn really sets them apart. Hot or Cold this tea is so downright delicious I am drooling just thinking about it. Just ordered two more pouches and hope they keep this blend in stock year round!

Haven’t had much time for tea since a friend has been in town all week. I have missed it! And I’ve missed being on this website. :P After tomorrow I should be posting more, I think. So in case any of you are wondering why I haven’t responded to any messages, that’s why. Not just trying to ignore you!
Anywho, bought this the other week from the wheezybee! Thought that it would be a lot stronger, according to everyone’s reviews…
But the black base is pretty obvious and the subtle hints of caramel and honey don’t hide it. It’s not horrible. But not as strong as I had hoped.
52Teas always seems to be hit or miss. Only found one that I really love so far. But I can’t say too much, I haven’t had tons of them to try yet.
Anywho, glad I tried this! One Day I’ll have to find a tea that legit tastes like candy corn. :P

Flavors: Caramel, Honey

Cameron B.

I’m not a big fan of candy corn. :P But I can see it being emulated through the combination of a light caramel maybe with some cream? And a lot of sugar, lol. :P

Ost

Hah yeah. It tasted faintly of it, but not strong enough for me!

I’m sure I would have enjoyed this more if it was fall but I opened the package by mistake and figured I should go ahead and try it. Tasted like honey and candy corn. It seems sweeter than most 52teas I have tried; the candy corn may be the reason for that. A layer of the candy corn came off towards the end of the steep and looked like snot on my first cup but the candy corn melted nice in the other cups. I would consider getting more if there was any left, to drink during October.

Thank you so much keychange I really had no interest in trying it but I’m glad I did.

Pass the Stash

This tea really is delicious and oh so adorable! I love how there are candy corn just sitting amongst the black tea leaves, it’s so cute! The flavor was about what I expected with a mild sweetness nicely intermingling with flavors of vanilla and black tea-not too candy corn-y in my opinion but delicious nonetheless. I did not add honey to this batch as I didn’t want it to overwhelm the flavors in the tea. This would make a perfect October tea, though.

Flavors: Honey, Sweet, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 g 2 OZ / 59 ML

I received this sample from KallieBoo Thank you!

A black tea base with a sweet flavor. This was a nice afternoon tea. I wish I would have been home to be able to add a little milk to this one. It was a nice treat. This isn’t my favorite from the day, but I will definitely have no problems finishing the sample. Thank you!

I let it steep a bit too long because I didn’t want my bacon to burn. Even so it’s still drinkable. I love how the candy corn melts into the water and creates such a satisfying flavor. Kinda wish I had a few more candy corns to add to it.

160 °F / 71 °C 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp

I got a fun box of samples from Kallieboo today, and it had FIVE varieties of 52teas in it (along with some other stuff). This was the first one I reached for. My sample didn’t actually have any candy corn in it, so I’m sure having that melted into the tea would have contributed to the flavor.

It was early afternoon, still in the “black tea zone” for me, so right after lunch I made this. Hot, I it’s a nice black. I didn’t get any candy corn taste (again, maybe because the candy was missing). I get it a little more cold though. I wish I had some candy corn lying around the house that I could add to this just to see if that would make a big difference. But either way, I enjoyed the tea.

In other news, I have had a migraine for a day and a half, and in the hour it took me to drink this tea, it went away. Not even kidding.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 11 OZ / 325 ML
Cheri

The answer to your migraine is obviously drink more tea. ;) If only it were so easy to get rid of migraines. When I get the full blown migraine, I have to go in a darkened room, and sometimes full dark room, and just sit without moving. BLAH! I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better.

Marzipan

It was the fourth cup of black today. It might be magic :)

carol who

Caffeine does seem to help if i remember. One of the few good things about menopause ( for me, anyway) :D