Ginger Pumpkin Cheesecake Honeybush

Edit tea info Last updated by PixieSkull

From 52teas

Our Tea of the Week for the Week of
September 30, 2013

I’m really late this week. I’ve been sick with a nasty stomach virus. I apologize for the delay. I’m afraid there will be no video this week. I’m still not feeling so hot, but I want to get this posted for you guys. I was going to release this last week, but I decided to run with the candy corn tea instead.

This week we have caffeine-free honeybush blended with ginger, cinnamon and organic flavors, including cheesecake. I figure I don’t have to say much more than that, but it is AWESOME. Get some today. I will probably be catching up orders this weekend or Monday. Be well.

See everything we currently have in stock at http://www.zoomdweebies.com/Available-NOW_c_32.html

About 52teas View company

Post-Steep Additives:
sugar
More pumpkin and cinnamon

Rating: 3/4 leaves

Blog http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2014/12/52teas-loose-leaf-honeybush-tisane.html

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 tsp 34 OZ / 1000 ML

52teas’ 12 Teas of Christmas Day 6! (Drank Dec. 6… technically 7)
Drinking this late in the evening, so technically the 7th, but since I haven’t gone to bed yet, it still counts as the 6th… right? Haha. Not too much guessing for this one – I’m pretty sure it’s Pumpkin Brownie Honeybush, which I previously had and didn’t much care for. Kind of a spicy aroma (like Strawberry Pie HB), not much else. Similar flavour; still not a fan. Basically tastes like a watered-down Strawberry Pie HB. Ah well.

Ok, so it’s apparently Ginger Pumpkin Cheesecake HB… tastes/smells identical to Pumpkin Brownie. Sigh.

Sipdown. Splitting a pot of this with mom for tonight because we both wanted an herbal and this sounded good. Sadly I don’t get a lot of ginger from this—there is a touch, but I would love more. The pumpkin and spices are in good balance, though, and there’s a creaminess like cheesecake. Honeybush is a great base for this combination, but I’m missing something to push it over the top. Extra ginger would do it, or a touch of vanilla, but as it is this is just good and not great.

Oooh, this tastes like it says. Ginger, pumpkin and cheese cake. 52teas pumpkin flavouring is fantastic.

Also, drinking this while eating chocolate makes for an explosion of burnt sugar and maple syrup flavours.

Thanks Dexter, for the sample!

Flavors: Creamy, Ginger, Honey, Pumpkin, Sweet, Tangy

darby

I need to get some one this…your review sounds yummy.

sweetea

Bring on the pumpkin, I say!

Oooooooooooooh, I like! I got a sample of this from Moraiwe (many thanks) and dumped the whole thing in a mason jar and stuck it in the fridge overnight. The first thing I get is creamy ginger followed by nutmeg and pumpkin. This is pretty tasty. And to think I almost gave up on honeybush teas!

I think this is one of the worst teas I’ve had. But I know that it is because of me and not the tea because I have sent this off to other people and they have enjoyed it. I realized I don’t like honeybush, at all, and I don’t like Frank’s cinnamon flavour, though everyone else seems to love it. So I won’t rate this tea because I don’t think it deserves the low rating I would give it.

4 minutes at just under boiling at pour. This is a very fine tisane with some medium chunks. The smell of the dry blend is rich, creamy, sweet, and a bit of astringent ginger. Brewing brings more astringent taste than I like. You never know if there’s pumpkin in the blend and if the pumpkin pie spices make one assume there’s pumpkin notes in the blend.

I don’t love it. I like it. The tart and rich cheesecake note is there, the spices are way in the background, and the sweetness of the honeybush is nice as always. Wouldn’t buy again.