Frankenberry

Black Teas, Freeze Dried Strawberries, Organic Marshmallow Root, Organic Natural Flavors (Vegan)
Marshmallow, Astringent, Malt, Strawberry
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS
Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 8 oz / 250 ml

• “Backlog: In case Frank didn't catch my full-length review of this tea back when I wrote it (see it here: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/11/26/frankenberry-black-tea-from-52teas/ ) HEY FRANK! I...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4550 tasting notes
  • “Woot! First review :D this treat is ammmaaazziiinggg. The berry flavor is juicy but yet candy-like. I can catch marshmallow and malt. It's like drinking liquid hot cereal. But in a good way of...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 799 tasting notes
  • “Kicking myself so hard right now. Bang - another winner! Love the pillowy soft strawberry fruitiness in this black. Reminiscent of Raspberry Cream, but even better because I prefer strawberry...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2526 tasting notes
  • “I was afraid of this tea because of the name, I mean really Frankenberry? I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. It does seem to taste like a lot of other berry teas I've had lately. That's not a bad...” Read full tasting note
    carol who 368 tasting notes

From 52teas

Our Tea of the Week for the Week of
October 21, 2013

If anyone from General Mills is reading this, please don’t sue us. My wife suggested we rename this tea Frank’s Berries so as not to get in trouble with the cereal company, but (and maybe this is just my dirty old man mind, but) “Frank’s Berries” just doesn’t sound right to me. ‘I like Frank’s Berries hot with a drizzle of honey…’ Uh, yeah, just doesn’t sound right.

This tea, on the other hand, is nothing but right. We’ve paired our premium black teas with freeze-dried strawberries, marshmallow root and organic flavors, including a touch of malt to give it a cerealistic (ie realistic cereal-like) flavor.

This fun and yummy blend is available at zoomdweebies.com for just $8.99 for a 1.75oz pouch. It won’t be around for long, so get yours today!

About 52teas View company

Backlog:

In case Frank didn’t catch my full-length review of this tea back when I wrote it (see it here: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/11/26/frankenberry-black-tea-from-52teas/ ) HEY FRANK! I WANT COUNT CHOCULA NEXT YEAR. And it should be super chocolate-y. Like … however much chocolate you usually put in a blend and then … double that … and then … go ahead and double it again.

I love the addition of malt flavor to this … it is just what these cereal blends have needed to give it that cereal-ish taste. I love the flavors of this tea. It made me smile.

Tea Sipper

Aw, I knew I should have got this one!

Woot! First review :D this treat is ammmaaazziiinggg. The berry flavor is juicy but yet candy-like. I can catch marshmallow and malt. It’s like drinking liquid hot cereal. But in a good way of course. :)

Kicking myself so hard right now. Bang – another winner! Love the pillowy soft strawberry fruitiness in this black. Reminiscent of Raspberry Cream, but even better because I prefer strawberry flavouring (although I imagine it’s a berry mix here, I’m mostly tasting strawberry). There’s more creaminess here too, with the marshmallow root (I was briefly worried that it was ginger. Thankfully not.) Quite tasty. Thanks for sharing, mystery swapper! (I’m now convinced I’m referring to *Rachel*…)

VariaTEA

haha yeah this was from me. I suppose I am your mystery swapper :P. I am glad you liked this one. I actually ended up giving away the bag because I hoped I would like it far more than I did.

Kittenna

Hahahaha, I did some sleuthing and yup, it was you! Really glad I can clearly reference you now (and also add teas to my swap sheet). Maybe we communicated about this swap on Facebook and that’s why I couldn’t figure it out. Anyways, I just had a second infusion of this one and was very disappointed – totally flavourless. So probably not as big a fan as I would have been otherwise, since I usually get at least 2, sometimes 3 infusions from 52teas’ blacks. Still quite tasty the first time around though!

VariaTEA

I think we did talk over Facebook so that would explain it. And at least the first infusion was good. For me, even the first infusion was underwhelming so I am happy you are enjoying it more than I did

I was afraid of this tea because of the name, I mean really Frankenberry? I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. It does seem to taste like a lot of other berry teas I’ve had lately. That’s not a bad thing.

Sarsonator

Were you not a fan of the Frankenberry cereal? I liked Count Chocula, myself :)

carol who

My kids didn’t mind Frankenberry but I was a little old even then. (They are in their 30’s) To me, it’s just the idea of drinking an overly sweet cereal. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, I have tried Fruity Pebbles and Froot Hoops tea. :-)

Ost

Count Chocula cereal was always the best! :P

It’s okay. Smells like Lucky Charms. I added just a little sugar and some milk, I don’t think I got the full flavor of it. Will have to try again tomorrow.

Flavors: Marshmallow

Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

Another one from VariaTEA that i was looking forwrd to trying after having success with walterbishop from Frank. this smells like koolaid but tastes like a bitter fruit tea. sigh i think i need to give up at this point. Thanks for trying to help me get back into a 52 teas groove Variatea!

VariaTEA

I wasn’t a huge fan of this one either. Though I had friends who enjoyed it. I figured it was safe to assume that you hadn’t try some of the 52 Teas I had so I figured I would share even though I had a feeling you wouldn’t have loved them. You never know unless you try.

yep! i love trying new things :)

Sipdown (166/172)!

I christened my new Adeline Poppy mug with this one today before work! I brought the whole sample from VariaTEA along with me and since I had a bunch of time before I started my shift I took major advantage of my tea set up at work to brew some proper tea. All my coworkers “oo-ed” and “ah-ed” at the perdy new mug. It’s much nicer than all the shitty white mugs with the “Dollarama” logo on them that we all use…

So this new mug is pretty big; at least 12 oz. but I’m thinking it’s actually more like 16, so I ended up using the whole sample from VariaTEA for the whole mug. Hooray for teaware lending itself to faster sipdowns!

Taste wise, I thought this was pleasant enough but not breath taking or anything overly unique: the 52Teas black base was really present at first but as this cooled down it settled into the background and I got more of the strawberry flavour. The marshmallow root didn’t add a lot. Actually it was hardly noticeable to me. More so the malt stood out and this was a somewhat weird “malty strawberry”.

Definitely wouldn’t restock and I think if I received it again in a swap I’d just pass it on to someone else, but I’d probably drink it again if it was served to me. Like I said, it wasn’t bad.

Flavors: Astringent, Malt, Strawberry

VariaTEA

I’m in the same boat you are but unfortunately I bought a bag of this. I think it will be tossed into the swap pile. That or I had a friend who seemed to enjoy it so I may just pass it on to her

2015 tasting notes

Had a tea party with my friends and they wanted to try this in addition to their own tea choices so I brewed this up. I wasn’t a lover as the base was pretty prominent and the strawberry flavor was muted. I might try this yet again at a lower temperature but so far the cups I have had have been less than impressive. Luckily my friend enjoyed it so she finished up the cup for me.