SBT: Strawberry Zabaglione

Astringent, Strawberry
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “So far I don't think I have come across a SBT I didn't like. I tried this flavor in the bestsellers sampler pack and was less than impressed but having now tried the SBT version I really like it....” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2087 tasting notes
  • “As usual, Sil is spot on in that this feels like it delivers what I was hoping Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish would--the dry and steeping smell has a distinct cream cheese pastry element that is...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 613 tasting notes
  • “Steepster just ate my tasting note, so let's try this again... I made a pitcher of this for dinner last night, and it was a hit. The strawberry flavor is excellent, and the hint of custard is...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 892 tasting notes
  • “I just received my latest 52teas order on Friday and I've already made another order. This is my third order from 52teas in 2 months. I think I have a problem:( I wanted to wait to see what tea...” Read full tasting note
    ashleyelizabeth 192 tasting notes

From 52teas

Premium Organic black tea with organic flavors. Each 14g teabag will make one 2-quart pitcher of DELICIOUS iced tea. Re-steep the teabag and you can get a full gallon out of each one. Steep in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. (3 minutes MAX.) Then combine with ice and water to make a 2-quart pitcher. It couldn’t be simpler – OR more delicious!

About 52teas View company

2087 tasting notes

So far I don’t think I have come across a SBT I didn’t like. I tried this flavor in the bestsellers sampler pack and was less than impressed but having now tried the SBT version I really like it. This is creamy, custardy, and has a delicious strawberry flavor. Now I am even more upset I managed to pour a cup worth of this all over my counter. Something tells me tomorrow morning (after I try the last of what I ordered) I will be placing another order to stock up on SBTs and some Pineapple Angel Food Cake.

Iced 8 min or more

As usual, Sil is spot on in that this feels like it delivers what I was hoping Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish would—the dry and steeping smell has a distinct cream cheese pastry element that is scrumptious! I did this one per the proper instructions (though I couldn’t figure out how much boiling water to use…I guessed and did it half and half, 4 cups boiling steeped then added to 4 cups cold). It did have that slight edge traditionally brewed iced tea always seems to, that cold steeped doesn’t, and which I’m not crazy about, but it also, I’m guessing, had more overall flavor. Decisions, decisions! Anyway, I enjoyed it.

Iced 3 min, 0 sec

Steepster just ate my tasting note, so let’s try this again…

I made a pitcher of this for dinner last night, and it was a hit. The strawberry flavor is excellent, and the hint of custard is nice. Given that the empty pitcher was sitting on the table when I walked into the kitchen this moring, I think my family agrees.

I just received my latest 52teas order on Friday and I’ve already made another order. This is my third order from 52teas in 2 months. I think I have a problem:( I wanted to wait to see what tea Frank would come out with next week, but I just couldn’t wait and cotton candy black tea was down to 3 left! actually, I think drinking this tea made me super excited to make another order and I forgot that I wanted to wait until it was too late.

I am sick right now but have been drinking a lot of tea. I haven’t been writing any tasting notes because I can’t really taste anything. But, even through this cold, I can taste how delicious this ice tea is! I cant really taste the black base, but I can taste strawberry, and maybe some cream and some sort of pastry? Its hard to tell, the only thing im sure about is the strawberry and it is awesome! I’m hoping that my cold isn’t somehow making it taste better, because I ordered the regular version of this tea that was just reblended. I won’t rate until this 2 month long cold is gone! I think it was actually two separate colds, but i had a horrible cough that wouldn’t go away between the two:(

On the eleventh day of Christmas, SBT sent me this tea!

I liked this one. A good strawberry flavor, I think it could have a slightly stronger creamy/custard-y note, though. A nice strawberry aftertaste. I do prefer the 52Teas version of the Strawberry Zabaglione (and I can’t wait to try the strawberry zabaglione green tea!)

It’s yummy though. Here’s my full-length article: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/01/04/eleventh-day-christmas-southern-boy-teas-edition/

This was my iced tea for work yesterday and today. It got the usual SBT treatment (3 mins in a quarter pint of boiling water, topped up to two litres with cold and into the fridge overnight). The dry bag smelt like a freshly opened bag of campino sweets, which was a real flashback from my childhood. I like strawberry things, so I was looking forward to bringing it out mid-morning.

It’s another awesome SBT, especially fridge cold. It has a wonderfully accurate strawberry flavour, and the custard/creme anglaise is also spot on. It’s somehow thick tasting, and very creamy, with a beautiful vanilla sweetness. The strawberry flavouring is also sweet, but the fruitiness it provides is enough to ensure this doesn’t become overwhelming.

I have a pouch of the normal 52 Teas version of this, which I picked up last time it was reblended. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m certainly looking forward to on the strength of the SBT version. This is an SBT I’d definitely repurchase. It’s like liquid dessert! Definitely enough to cheer up a dull day at work.

It’s not terrible, but it’s not for me. Even steeping at a lower temp and starting the 2-min countdown as I started pouring the water, it’s still leaning towards astringent and bitter.

The strawberry flavour is nice, but somewhat weaker than I expected from the scent.

I have one or two more of these, and I’ll drink them, but they definitely aren’t for me. Iced caffeinated tea isn’t something I love to drink all the time, so IDK what I was thinking when I bought the SBTs.

(Steeped in 2 cups of water, added ice and cold water to make 7 cups.)

Flavors: Astringent, Strawberry

Strawberry and cream! Yummy :) This is a good one, but I still have some other strawberry cream teas that I have so this one is not one I’ll have to order again any time soon.

I think this probably tastes AWESOME as a hot tea (and I should probably try the green tea version, because I can picture that being pretty good as well), but I didn’t think this worked as an iced tea. The strawberry flavor was great, but to me, it tasted like strawberry milk or strawberry whipped cream, and although I drank it, I just think that it wasn’t what I was looking for.