SBT: Maple Bacon

Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “On The Fifth Day of Christmas, SBT sent me this tea! OK ... I have to be real, as much as I've enjoyed the other bacon flavored teas that 52Teas has offered ... I was just a little ... freakishly...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4224 tasting notes
  • “BACON. Well, I'm not a big bacon fan - those vegan years in university molded me to not being a big meat eater. Though, I am always up for trying new, wild things! I got this SBT as part of the...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 935 tasting notes

From 52teas

Premium Organic black tea with organic flavors. Each 14g teabag will make one 2-quart pitcher of DELICIOUS iced tea. Re-steep the teabag and you can get a full gallon out of each one. Steep in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. (3 minutes MAX.) Then combine with ice and water to make a 2-quart pitcher. It couldn’t be simpler – OR more delicious!

About 52teas View company

On The Fifth Day of Christmas, SBT sent me this tea!

OK … I have to be real, as much as I’ve enjoyed the other bacon flavored teas that 52Teas has offered … I was just a little … freakishly worried and sort of stranged out by the idea of a Maple Bacon Iced Tea. It just sounded too weird.

And it is weird. This isn’t my favorite iced tea flavor from SBT. It’s not … horrible, but I don’t think it’s one that I’d ever order again. I can’t see this as a tea that I’d think … I want more of this flavor. It’s alright, but it’s not great. But it does get bonus points for nailing the flavor of bacon and for being a truly unique iced tea, even though I personally am not all that excited about it.

Here’s my full-length review of it: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/12/29/fifth-day-christmas-southern-boy-teas-edition/

PS: It’s better if you add a slice of citrus to it. I suggest lime.

BACON. Well, I’m not a big bacon fan – those vegan years in university molded me to not being a big meat eater. Though, I am always up for trying new, wild things! I got this SBT as part of the kickstarter, for fun. Not too long ago, I had some really GROSS rotting death bacon soda, so I was worried about this tea being not that great.
Turns out – this iced tea isn’t that bad. It’s got a savory hint (more apparent if sampled hot), but lots of nice malty maple flavor. Makes a good southern iced tea. Overall quite happy that it’s a fun convo piece for being bacon, enoough savory for interest, and easy to drink (and not scary).

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/maple-bacon-iced-tea-southern-boy-teas-zoomdweebies-oolong-owl-tea-review/