SBT: Maple Bacon

Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “When I got my huge package from Zoomdweebies after the first of the Kickstarter campaigns, I got two packages of SBT Maple Bacon since this tea was in the 12 Days of Christmas package too. The...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4303 tasting notes
  • “So I let my brother talk me into this one. It is not my favorite but it is not as scary as I always expect it to be, especially given the strong artificial bacon bit scent. Tastewise it is mostly...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1812 tasting notes
  • “BACON. Well, I'm not a big bacon fan - those vegan years in university molded me to not being a big meat eater. Though, I am always up for trying new, wild things! I got this SBT as part of the...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1010 tasting notes

From 52teas

Premium Organic black tea with organic flavors. Each 14g teabag will make one 2-quart pitcher of DELICIOUS iced tea. Re-steep the teabag and you can get a full gallon out of each one. Steep in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. (3 minutes MAX.) Then combine with ice and water to make a 2-quart pitcher. It couldn’t be simpler – OR more delicious!

About 52teas View company

When I got my huge package from Zoomdweebies after the first of the Kickstarter campaigns, I got two packages of SBT Maple Bacon since this tea was in the 12 Days of Christmas package too. The first time I steeped it for the 12 Days of Christmas review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/12/29/fifth-day-christmas-southern-boy-teas-edition/ and I wasn’t all that crazy about it. It just didn’t work for me.

So that’s why it took me so long to finally brew this additional sachet. I knew I wasn’t gung-ho about it. This time, I cold-brewed the tea, and this worked WONDERS! This is actually quite good. I will actually up my rating from 51 up to 70 because as a cold-brewed tea, this works great. I’ll even try hot-steeping the bag now that it’s been cold brewed once … maybe it will be good. Let’s hope!

Anyway … not so much of a strong bacon flavor as a maple flavor. I get a good, brisk black tea flavor, smooth and flavorful, and a hint of bacon-y goodness. This is much better cold-brewed. COLD BREW THIS ONE!

So I let my brother talk me into this one. It is not my favorite but it is not as scary as I always expect it to be, especially given the strong artificial bacon bit scent. Tastewise it is mostly maple black tea with a touch of smoke. However, the smell is strong to get past so the next cup will need to be in a more narrow glass I think. That or I will just pawn the rest of this off on my brother and his friends at tomorrow’s game night :P.

BACON. Well, I’m not a big bacon fan – those vegan years in university molded me to not being a big meat eater. Though, I am always up for trying new, wild things! I got this SBT as part of the kickstarter, for fun. Not too long ago, I had some really GROSS rotting death bacon soda, so I was worried about this tea being not that great.
Turns out – this iced tea isn’t that bad. It’s got a savory hint (more apparent if sampled hot), but lots of nice malty maple flavor. Makes a good southern iced tea. Overall quite happy that it’s a fun convo piece for being bacon, enoough savory for interest, and easy to drink (and not scary).

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/maple-bacon-iced-tea-southern-boy-teas-zoomdweebies-oolong-owl-tea-review/