SBT: Key Lime Cheesecake

Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Okay, so I think I found an SBT that I won't be restocking. This is good but not as tasty but having tried the others, I know there are better options out there. This has a smooth black tea flavor...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2015 tasting notes
  • “On The Fourth Day of Christmas, SBT sent me this tea! Having enjoyed the other lime offerings from SBT (Lime Jello and Lime Cola) I felt confident that I'd enjoy this too. And it's yummy. I...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4550 tasting notes
  • “Steeping the base hot, this smelled at first very chemical-y, kinda like chlorine, but then after I topped off the jug with cold water and it settled down a bit there was a kind of tangy key lime...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 613 tasting notes
  • “Soooo....I bought a bunch of these SBTs to try. What's the weight per packet anyway? I'm wondering if it's a better deal to buy regular looseleaf, but they wouldn't come in all these amazing...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 520 tasting notes

From 52teas

Premium Organic black tea with organic flavors. Each 14g teabag will make one 2-quart pitcher of DELICIOUS iced tea. Re-steep the teabag and you can get a full gallon out of each one. Steep in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. (3 minutes MAX.) Then combine with ice and water to make a 2-quart pitcher. It couldn’t be simpler – OR more delicious!

About 52teas View company

Not counting the tea I reviewed last week, I have 21 different flavors of SBT teas in my cupboard. I’d better get drinking! Thank God it’s finally warm enough to enjoy iced tea. The dry leaf aroma is divine. Very lime-y in a fresh, authentic way. It even smells creamy, mmm!

My husband stole a sip while he poured me a cup and said, “It’s good, but it’s too buttery for my tastes.” Well, good! All the more for me then! The nerve of him to steal a sip without asking anyway. :P I’m perfectly happy to lay claim to this entire pitcher all by myself because this is super yummy!

Although my husband described it as buttery, I’m not sure I agree. I find it creamy, smooth, luscious, and delicious! It’s equally lime and cheesecake to me. The black base here is not bitter at all, and the flavoring is much more authentic tasting than the lime in the Cherry Limeade SBT. I love this one so much more.

The base is about even strength with the added flavorings, which is especially nice. I added some agave and it complements the cup perfectly! This is exactly my kind of tea. Yummm! I need to pick up some more of this. I think this is the most cheesecake I’ve gotten out of any 52teas blend to date. It’s not tangy, but it is creamy and delicious. I call it a success!

Iced 3 min, 0 sec

At first taste, this tasted a lot like a plain black iced tea with a shot of melted lime jello in it. It was sweet and limey, but dominantly the tea flavor.

About halfway through the sip, though, the lime becomes more tangy, sharp, and natural tasting like a fresh key lime. There does seem to be an amount of tart creamy cheesecake flavor hiding underneath it, as well.

This one didn’t really grow on me until I had already reached the bottom of my pitcher (Sad!). I don’t know if it strikes me as a reorder, but I definitely ended up liking it better than my initial impressions had me thinking.

Iced 8 min or more